The poker chit chat

JeppeL

@RedHotChiliP wrote:

I for one will start pushing ANY hand when people limp utg or early position late in a tourney, cuz clearly that´s the correct play according to all the pros and the math and the equity. I don´t like it, but I´ll take the advice and change my game. 

👍

I Sincerly hope I meet some of the guys praising this kind of play and make them bust. Afterwards  they can praise my smartness. 

Nobody said shoving 72o is a great play. It’s just better to shove 72o than limp/calling 22BB with QJo. Because there’s a hidden logic behind the shove, but there’s no logic behind limp/calling QJo. Both plays are bad but one is worse than the other. Funnily enough, shoving 72o – the worst possible starting hand – is the better play. That’s not an opinion but a fact that you could even prove mathematically but I’m not good enough to do that. I’m better with logic.

Long story short, you won’t see me shoving 72o – unless there are heavy bubble factors or ICM considerations involved.

@RedHotChiliP wrote:

I have 97s of spades and I raise 90 to 120 Villain flat calls Flop comes 10d, 8s, 2s I now have openended for a straight and a flushdraw I bet 282, I guess that was half pot. Villain raise me to 564, I then reraise him to 846. He calls. Turn comes 5d I check. Villain pushes all in with 3271 remaining chips. With all my outs, I call.

Preflop is fine, personally I would raise to 150 or limp but 120 is fine. Doesn’t make a huge difference.

The flop bet seems strange because 30/60 should be pre-ante, so you actually bet more than pot. It’s fine with your hand, a big bet is definitely the way to go here since the board is very dynamic and you would want to bet your overpairs, Tx pretty big as well to charge draws. After villain’s minraise you should just call vs. most opponents because minraises tend to be super nutted. Normally, I would shove vs. a flop raise since it’s a bounty tournament and we can win a bounty but the minraise forces me to slow down. I don’t see much fold equity and we will never get it in ahead. Obviously, we will have great equity against no matter what but when I have almost no fold equity I prefer the pot controlling option. However, vs. decent players who use balanced sizings you have to shove here because you have great fold equity and the perfect hand to balance out your nut combos.

You decided to 3-bet the flop which I like when it’s a shove. However, you clicked it back forcing villain to call with any holding that has a somewhat reasonable chance of winning. I don’t mind that if you have a nutted hand yourself but you have 9 high. Sure, 9 high like a boss is a thing but you really shouldn’t do that because it’s just burning chips and you don’t gain any information. It just has no advantage to do that.

As played, I think, you have to fold on the turn but I’m not sure because I didn’t do the math and I’m too tired to do it right now. I just can’t imagine that the pot is big enough to justify risking 80% of your stack with ~30% equity. You want odds around 4:1 since you don’t want to make a breakeven call (that is, when you give yourself an edge vs. the tournament field).

• Like 2

@RedHotChiliP No i've never heart a guy say FO/FU etc. Maybe it the environment in which i live and peoole are to chill. I personally wouldn't say that to anybody. I'm not a hater. Yeah gr8 review by GamesDean. I do actually think you should do something about your heated bursts. The only person that gets affected it's yourself. You should try to spread love not hate. xoxoxo
  • Like 2

I think you´re into poetry, so here´s a poem for ya @Rushbie:

A little snake, slimy and spineless, spits out its venom, dripping with "smartness", little mockeries covered up in fancy lingo is the best way to play, well, next after "bingo", but snakes are sneaky lil devils, says sorry so sorry, didn´t mean to make you worry, cuz snakes are like that, they hizz and they twirl, they rattle and hurl, and silently into the night they curl, where noone can find them and put them to justice... what should we call the snakes? Little Rushbies?

*bingo =poker 72o all in... LOLZzzzz

I think it´s a masterpiece... gonna frame it and hang it in my toilet. 

:laugh: lols lols lols wink wink wink 😉

• Like 1
How many ways can you polish up a turd?

PS : just finished an mtt in the money again, brag brag, boast boast, I pushed all in every hand except one or two... didn´t get any 72o so wasn´t able to experiment... next time though... have to work on more poetries now... 

LOLZ LOLZ 

WINK WINK 

JOKE JOKE

SORRY NOT SORRY

Something readable toiletpaper for you @RedHotChiliP 😃 I've read my sht amongs many a long time ago too. 

Can't remember which one of the "skill-methods" it was to grab a certain word, and derail it in order to get the final word :wonder:

But you already knew that, right?😃

Here're the easily clickable links, not much pictures, tho :sad:

https://www.adlibris.com/fi/kirja/the-art-of-being-right-9781508775362

A bit difficult word to understand, but it's worth it :Thumbsup:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eristic

edit. And you're right. I'm an a55hole. Natural, born, pure. That's the other thing you've said here we both can agree on,honestly :Thumbsup:

• Like 2

@RedHotChiliP, why you give hard time for the mods, now they need to delete all your bull.hits at least in the last 2-3 pages. Btw here we dont get use to this kind of aggressive behaviour, so better you stop it, its not that place where you can say fakof, thanks. With these mental meltdowns hopefully you dont work w people... 

• Like 5

@cris1285 wrote:

@RedHotChiliP, why you give hard time for the mods, now they need to delete all your bull.hits at least in the last 2-3 pages. Btw here we dont get use to this kind of aggressive behaviour, so better you stop it, its not that place where you can say fakof, thanks. With these mental meltdowns hopefully you dont work w people... 

Couldn't agree more, @cris1285. I'm perfectly willing to discuss many topics, or argue my points, but I won't resort to name calling or bad language, and I don't see why anyone else should do that, it's usually a sign that someone's losing an argument anyway. If you want to talk @RedHotChiliP I'm always here to listen.:speechless:

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Guess what, someone else started it. One guy comes shouting WRONG WRONG WRONG and the other someone brought my line of work into a poker-discussion. I hope I meet him face to face someday. I encourage the mods to read every single post everyone posted on the topic of that 72o hand from the beginning, I discussed the hand, I disagreed, while some morons attacked me personally and claim in the same sentence that I am the one making personal attacks. BLOW ME! A sign of losing a discussion is claiming that someone else is losing the discussion because of a few swear words. Master suppression techniques doesn´t work on me, sorry, Grizzler. Try someone else. You´re basically the firestarter here. Think about that for a second. Then others joined. 

If you think I sit here raging mad writing these things, you know EXTREMELY LITTLE about people behavior and maybe you should step down from your soap-box right now before you slide on the soap. Don´t talk about "mental meltdowns" and "hoping I don´t work with people" because you read a few F**k off´s on an internet-page. Are you completely ignorant to the world? 

While working last night, I had a BLAST posting here, laughing, swearing, creating a fine piece of poetry-art for "mr. neverwas" - LOL... while finishing in the final table in an mtt. I don´t think that would be possible if I had some god damn meltdown. But go ahead, think veeeery highly of yourselves while continue writing that I am doing just that, thinking I´m all that.

You don´t get irony, you don´t get my sense of humor, you don´t get it. You couldn´t be more wrong. 

I know the rules of the forum, I know they will delete the "oh so horrible language" I made 2-3 times that makes the 2-3 year olds playing poker cross their hearts and say a little prayer for this lost soul. Ha ha ha ha 

Maybe they´ll even ban me. That would be typical, find your scapegoat.  But I´ll be damned if I sit and take crap from a bunch of girls (THAT´S A PERSONAL ATTACK) in their attempt to smear me everytime I disagree with someone here. 

Here´s a question for you, again, @GR1ZZL3R : Why are you so sure you´ve played poker longer than me? 

I look forward to that answer, and please try to remember, old people can swear and rant too, not just angry teenagers with mental meltdowns. LOL! Just in case you want to come with some smartass answer. I know the only way you could possibly have personal info on me, and that would make for an interesting next chapter...

Rushbie, you can save yourself the time, making more quasi-intellectual postings with links that I´m not ever going to click. Put the bottle down, for good, and write something that makes sense. To someone else, not to me, I don´t read it. After your comments last night you are nobody. Read my poem again so you make sure you get all the little details. Loads of personal attacks there. 👍 😉 wink winky wink... it´s all good when we post widgets right ?

@cris1285

@FreedoM

@Rushbie

• Like 1

@RedHotChiliP, not sure if you've noticed, but you're the only member on here who seems to be having certain "communication" issues. I believe your posts sometimes come across in a way you didn't intend, and maybe you should put more thought into the choice of words. Sure you won't be banned, but you should read the community guidelines.

Let's try and keep it civilized and avoid communicating too much like Trump :)

NB swearing never does any good to a discussion.

• Like 3

@testuser1 not sure if you noticed, but I didn´t start it. 

And I´ll say it a thousand times, I´m not the one making personal attacks here, UNTIL someone takes a jab at me. 

Keep telling me I´m wrong, I will keep defending myself. 

READ THE THREAD!

I won´t stop. You know that. Like you and others said:  I´m a madman having a mental meltdown, thinking the world revolves around me and so on and so on...yawn yawn yawn...

So keep dancing, coward, and I´ll dance along. 

@FreedoM

• Like 1

@RedHotChiliP wrote:

I won´t stop. You know that. Like you and others said:  I´m a madman having a mental meltdown, thinking the world revolves around me and so on and so on...yawn yawn yawn...

So keep dancing, coward, and I´ll dance along. 

@FreedoM

First and last warning @RedHotChiliP, if you keep calling people these nasty things then I'll have to ban you for a while as it's against community guidelines. Call yourself a scape goat if you want and make it seem like it would be unfair, but no one else in the thread is using the same kind of name calling as you and they weren't doing it before you started either.

/Jeppe

/Jeppe

• Like 5
Former Community Manager

I live in Finland. Whenever you take a stop to refuel your bike, don't hesitate to drop by, mate. A55holes like you and me are always welcomed,  sofas aren't too pretty. Girls don't care :laugh:

But seriously @RedHotChiliP, you're on some serious egotrip right now, man. Not sure if planned attention-whoring, or just bored :wonder: You're not that stupid to write all those chapters from your diaries just to make yourself noted, aren't ya? Meh, if it works, it works :laugh: 

And @JeppeL, please don't ban people just because they have the urge to write some therapeutic sht down, eh? That leads to nowhere.

@RedHotChiliP wrote:

Guess what, someone else started it. One guy comes shouting WRONG WRONG WRONG and the other someone brought my line of work into a poker-discussion. I hope I meet him face to face someday. I encourage the mods to read every single post everyone posted on the topic of that 72o hand from the beginning, I discussed the hand, I disagreed, while some morons attacked me personally and claim in the same sentence that I am the one making personal attacks. BLOW ME! A sign of losing a discussion is claiming that someone else is losing the discussion because of a few swear words. Master suppression techniques doesn´t work on me, sorry, Grizzler. Try someone else. You´re basically the firestarter here. Think about that for a second. Then others joined. 

If you think I sit here raging mad writing these things, you know EXTREMELY LITTLE about people behavior and maybe you should step down from your soap-box right now before you slide on the soap. Don´t talk about "mental meltdowns" and "hoping I don´t work with people" because you read a few F**k off´s on an internet-page. Are you completely ignorant to the world? 

While working last night, I had a BLAST posting here, laughing, swearing, creating a fine piece of poetry-art for "mr. neverwas" - LOL... while finishing in the final table in an mtt. I don´t think that would be possible if I had some god damn meltdown. But go ahead, think veeeery highly of yourselves while continue writing that I am doing just that, thinking I´m all that.

You don´t get irony, you don´t get my sense of humor, you don´t get it. You couldn´t be more wrong. 

I know the rules of the forum, I know they will delete the "oh so horrible language" I made 2-3 times that makes the 2-3 year olds playing poker cross their hearts and say a little prayer for this lost soul. Ha ha ha ha 

Maybe they´ll even ban me. That would be typical, find your scapegoat.  But I´ll be damned if I sit and take crap from a bunch of girls (THAT´S A PERSONAL ATTACK) in their attempt to smear me everytime I disagree with someone here. 

Here´s a question for you, again, @GR1ZZL3R : Why are you so sure you´ve played poker longer than me? 

I look forward to that answer, and please try to remember, old people can swear and rant too, not just angry teenagers with mental meltdowns. LOL! Just in case you want to come with some smartass answer. I know the only way you could possibly have personal info on me, and that would make for an interesting next chapter...

Rushbie, you can save yourself the time, making more quasi-intellectual postings with links that I´m not ever going to click. Put the bottle down, for good, and write something that makes sense. To someone else, not to me, I don´t read it. After your comments last night you are nobody. Read my poem again so you make sure you get all the little details. Loads of personal attacks there. 👍 😉 wink winky wink... it´s all good when we post widgets right ?

@cris1285

@FreedoM

@Rushbie

Hi @RedHotChiliP, hope you'r running good.

I wrote "Wrong wrong WRONG" in direct response to your statement "Good results are the ONLY thing that matters,in any game" your use of capitals, wether intended as a shout or stressing the word, mine was to stress the point, which I still strongly believe, your retort to a perfectly reasonable question was flippant at best.

I mistakenly attributed the hand in discussion as one of yours, and thought you were ranting about it, for which I've already apologised.

I didn't attack you personally.

I think that ranting and raving, swearing and making personal insults, which I don't do, IS (stress not shouting) a sign of losing an arguement, wether by you or anyone else.

"Master suppression techniques", sorry you've lost me there.

"Firestarter". I joined a discussion on the wrong level. I refer you to the above apology.

What gives you the idea I think your raging mad?

I know quite alot about people's behaviour.

I don't need or use a soapbox, I'm not into lecturing or preaching to people.

"Mental meltdowns" or "hoping I don't work with people" I didn't use either phrase.

You had a blast last night. Good for you, that's what we're all here for isn't it?

I certainly don't think highly of myself, regarding myself above average in some things and below in others, I certainly never said that nor about you, I used the word smug after your use of it, maybe rightly maybe not.

I understand irony, I'm not sure I get your sense of humour, there hasn't been much evidence of it lately.

If you know the rules of the forum I respectfully suggest you abide by them.

"2-3 year olds playing poker" More insults?

Personally I hope they don't ban you, freedom of speech etc; but you could tone it down a bit.

A scapegoat for what? "A bunch of girls" More insults AND sexism!

Smear you? What about?

I THINK (stress) I've played poker a lot longer than you because anyone that thinks they can do a lot better with no "donks" at their table either hasn't been playing very long, or worse, hasn't been learning very much. Talk to pretty much any half decent poker player, amatuer or pro, and they'll tell you emphatically you're biggest source of income is the "donks" or "fish". But for them the poker economy would stagnate and eventually wither away, Anyway if youl'd been playing as long as me I would have thought your tilt would be under better control.

I have no personal information on you whatsoever, only what's been published on an open forum. Are you one of these conspiracy theorists or is that just to cloud the issues at hand?

Writng spiteful little poems! Really! Immature at best, just plain nastiness at worst.

If you want to carry on a reasoned, thoughtful, maybe argumentative, maybe humorous discussion, I'm open to debate. Any more unjustified insults, bad language etc from you or anyone I'll probably read but not answer.

Run good.:teardrop:

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png