The poker chit chat

JeppeL

It didnt appeared in the lobby even so how can it be not enough players? Where they registered? 😀:happy:

• Like 1
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

@RedHotChiliP wrote:

Maybe calling with QJ wasn´t good, but it was right, wasn´t it, he was ahead.

This is not how you look at poker hands. You are results-oriented here. In fact, the limp with QJo is highly questionable – and calling the 22BB shove is even more terrible. Realistically, we’re up against 22+, AJ+ and KQ – our opponent might shove QJ himself but even that wide of a shove is not a hand we’re ahead of. So why on earth are we limp/calling here for 2/3 of our stack? That makes zero sense.

The shove with 72o isn’t good – obviously – but I like it ten times more than calling vs. a range that has us crushed most likely. At least it’s a proactive play assuming that a limping range usually consists of weak hands (which is the case here).

Even being results-oriented (which is something you should never do in Poker), I don’t understand why you are mad about players shoving 72o?! When you are calling with Q high and actually manage to be ahead somehow, you should be delighted, over the moon etc. Instead you are crying out loud – and why is that? Because you lost the hand. If you would have won we would have never heard about it.

• Like 1

@GamesDean wrote:

@RedHotChiliP wrote:

Maybe calling with QJ wasn´t good, but it was right, wasn´t it, he was ahead.

This is not how you look at poker hands. You are results-oriented here. In fact, the limp with QJo is highly questionable – and calling the 22BB shove is even more terrible. Realistically, we’re up against 22+, AJ+ and KQ – our opponent might shove QJ himself but even that wide of a shove is not a hand we’re ahead of. So why on earth are we limp/calling here for 2/3 of our stack? That makes zero sense.

The shove with 72o isn’t good – obviously – but I like it ten times more than calling vs. a range that has us crushed most likely. At least it’s a proactive play assuming that a limping range usually consists of weak hands (which is the case here).

Even being results-oriented (which is something you should never do in Poker), I don’t understand why you are mad about players shoving 72o?! When you are calling with Q high and actually manage to be ahead somehow, you should be delighted, over the moon etc. Instead you are crying out loud – and why is that? Because you lost the hand. If you would have won we would have never heard about it.

You´re quoting the wrong person. I didn´t play the hand, nor did I cry out loud, nor was I mad. Try to get THAT right first...

This is not how you look at poker hands? Says who ? 

I agree the 22 bb call was bad, but again, this nonsense about liking a 72o push, are you guys totally oblivious? I would ONLY care about the current mtt and getting as far into the money as possible, seeing people pushing crap hands deep in a tourney will never go home with me, cuz more often than not these nuggets win the hand, like he did in this case. You people always talk about being happy there are donks at the tables because IN THE LONG run you will beat them. Well, guess what, it´s not the case, because IN THE LONG RUN you´ll run into another donk, and another donk, and another donk... it´s fantasy thinking.

Stop defending idiots and idiot play. It´s getting old.

Not being result-oriented in poker ? What do you even mean by saying that ?

Good results are the ONLY thing that matters, in any game. 

How many ways can you polish up a turd?

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@RedHotChiliP Have you never played a game of ANY sort and lost and said " I enjoyed that, let's do it again tomorrow"

Yeah, Ludo at the cabin during easter, when I was 12... other than that, no, results matters ALWAYS. And not next month, right now, in this mtt, or this sng, or cash game, or the next match my football team plays. And of course, you also need to improve everyday, get better, but sitting here shouting HALLELUJAH for the 72o donkeys pissing all over the game, and thinking it´s great because you MIGHT double up on them next time is to me utter bull❤️♥️❤️

I finish in the money almost everyday in looong tournaments, it is not from beating the donks, but from consistant and patient play, where my good hands beat other good hands MOST of the time, and when I bust to another good player I don´t ❤️♥️❤️ mind at all.. but I will NEVER enjoy losing to idiot play. 

@RedHotChiliP wrote:

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@RedHotChiliP Have you never played a game of ANY sort and lost and said " I enjoyed that, let's do it again tomorrow"

Yeah, Ludo at the cabin during easter, when I was 12... other than that, no, results matters ALWAYS. And not next month, right now, in this mtt, or this sng, or cash game, or the next match my football team plays. And of course, you also need to improve everyday, get better, but sitting here shouting HALLELUJAH for the 72o donkeys pissing all over the game, and thinking it´s great because you MIGHT double up on them next time is to me utter bull❤️♥️❤️

I finish in the money almost everyday in looong tournaments, it is not from beating the donks, but from consistant and patient play, where my good hands beat other good hands MOST of the time, and when I bust to another good player I don´t ❤️♥️❤️ mind at all.. but I will NEVER enjoy losing to idiot play. 

If that's the case and you're a regular winner why let one hand derail you, take comfort in the fact the 72o guy will never be as good as you and ENJOY that fact. @GamesDean (good name) is totally correct, ONE hand is NOT a result, and if you think of it like that it will only spoil what little enjoyment you seem to be havig.:teardrop:

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@RedHotChiliP wrote:

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

If that's the case and you're a regular winner why let one hand derail you, take comfort in the fact the 72o guy will never be as good as you and ENJOY that fact. @GamesDean (good name) is totally correct, ONE hand is NOT a result, and if you think of it like that it will only spoil what little enjoyment you seem to be havig.:teardrop:

I didn´t say one hand is a result. Where do you get it from? He didn´t say that either, he said YOU SHOULD NEVER BE RESULT ORIENTED IN POKER, and I think it´s wrong, wrong, WRONG as you so delicately jumped into the discussion and claimed me to be. 

I am not a robot, I will ALWAYS be furious when I lose to this particular type of play. The sng´s reeks of it. In mtt´s you can overcome it having a big stack early on and survive a few idiotic all-ins. 

And please, drop the smugness, it doesn´t work. Let me be the one deciding whether I enjoy playing or not. 

I came back from a couple of days bad beat due to HALLELUJAH-hands always winning, and managed to build my bankroll back to €70 in less than 24 hours without depositing. So I enjoy playing TODAY. Tomorrow, might not. 

I´ll leave it up to you guys to enjoy playing no matter what. I´m trying to make money and I´m not enjoying losing what I spent hours and hours to build up... I will ALWAYS be pationate and rant and brag and swear and disagree with some of these implemented ideas that it´s good to lose cuz next time you´ll win it. Jeeeeezusssssssss!!!!

And what a dull forum this would be if everybody agreed. 

• Like 1

@@RedHotChiliP wrote:

You´re quoting the wrong person. I didn´t play the hand, nor did I cry out loud, nor was I mad. Try to get THAT right first...

I didn’t quote the wrong person, I meant to reply to your post. I also know you didn’t play the hand. I apologize if you thought otherwise, it’s not always easy to express my thoughts in English, since it’s not my mother tongue.

This is not how you look at poker hands? Says who ? 

Experience. A ton of Poker pros. You should always look at hands from a theoretical point of view. We’re not playing vs. 72o in this hand, we’re always playing against a range of hands.

I agree the 22 bb call was bad, but again, this nonsense about liking a 72o push, are you guys totally oblivious? I would ONLY care about the current mtt and getting as far into the money as possible, seeing people pushing crap hands deep in a tourney will never go home with me, cuz more often than not these nuggets win the hand, like he did in this case. You people always talk about being happy there are donks at the tables because IN THE LONG run you will beat them. Well, guess what, it´s not the case, because IN THE LONG RUN you´ll run into another donk, and another donk, and another donk... it´s fantasy thinking.

Saying that the 72o push is better than calling 22BB with QJo isn’t nonsense. If you call QJo you can never expect to be the favorite to win. If you push 72o you have roughly 30%+ equity vs. unpaired hands + you have massive fold equity vs. a limping range. You are rarely getting called, so you are often winning the 3BB in the middle uncontested. Obviously, that’s not enough to make the shove +EV because loosing your stack here is insanely dumb when you can just wait for a better hand to risk your tournament life with. Fold equity is the reason why we can shove T9s +EV from the CO when we have like 10BB.

Not being result-oriented in poker ? What do you even mean by saying that?

Not being results-oriented is the best way to fight tilt. If you don’t care about winning or loosing a hand you’re rarely affected by it. In a perfect world, you should only care about making the right decisions. If you made the right decisions throughout a hand, it doesn’t matter if you are suffering a bad beat because in the longterm you will win no matter what.

Good results are the ONLY thing that matters, in any game.

If you constantly make the right decisions you will get the results you want.

• Like 5

OK @RedHotChiliP Let's discuss this like friends having a chat instead of a heated debate shall we. I incorrectly assumed YOU had played the hand but obviously I was wrong ok. 

However:

I agree with @Check_Norris, and @GamesDean, I wouldn't have called with QJ especially with someone behind to act.

I agree with @Want2Believe, move on, you'll win more stacks than you lose if they play 72o.

I agree with everybody welcoming players playing 72o, would you rather they only played AK AQ KK and AA. Yes, you can steal their blinds all you like but when they hit a hand you're out.

I think @GamesDean and I are talking about all players not being results orientated in one hand and not you in particular, it does seem to be a recurring theme in this forum, and the wrong wrong WRONG was in reference to you saying results are the ONLY thing that matters, in any game, on which point you ARE wrong, :haha:

As for delicately jumping into a discussion, do I have to wait for an invitation to comment, I didn't see your invite before you jumped in.

I don't like being called smug when I was only making what I felt were valid comments. "managed to build my bankrollback to 70 in less than 24 hours without depositing", who's being smug now? Personal comments never go down well, I don't make them, they can only lead one way and I thought this was such a friendly community.

I may not be as passionate as you, I don't feel the need to rant and brag and swear, I've played poker a LOT longer than you, and am probably not as good, but I don't mind others doing it if it serves a purpose, we all need to let off steam from time to time we're all different, have different motivations, outlooks, ideas, dress sense, sense of humour, sense and sensibility, sense of justice,😪😪😪

Let's stay friendly, open to discussion, keep this community the best, and not get sidetracked by misunderstandings.

Good luck and may all you rivers help.👍♥️

• Like 5

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

English is not my first language so maybe smug was the wrong word. But you´re assuming that I´m not enjoying myself, in a kind of patronizing way, based on first of all not reading the topic from the start and incorrectly thinking it was me playing the hand mentioned, and based on, probably my other post in other topics lately? After all, I am the big ranter here, always wrong, always having some forum members jumping into my threads complaining about me, instead of minding their own ❤️♥️❤️ business. Simply don´t read my posts if it´s so offending to hear someone get pissed of. 

You´re also assuming that you have played way longer than me. You don´t know my age, UNLESS you somehow found my personal information through Unibet, which takes this to a whole other level.

I was discussing friendly. Last time I checked disagreeing doesn´t mean the same as being not friends, angry, bla bla bla...

You however came into the discussion "shouting" wrong, wrong, WRONG" - last wrong emphasized. Delicate referred to THAT, not that you joined the discussion. Was that so hard to understand ?

So no, I didn´t say you are not allowed to join. I just didn´t like the way you did it without ANY backing up to why you thought so. It´s actually kinda rude, and if I think you´re rude, I will answer you. 

And let this be clear, I haven´t called anyone names here, I haven´t ASSUMED a bunch of stuff about you. You did, about me. 

So to the next point: Saying that I bounced back and made some good progress fast with my bankroll, how the hell can that be "smug"? It wasn´t even meant as bragging, I explained that TODAY I enjoy playing again, BECAUSE of bouncing back. You´re taking everything out of context and trying to make me look bad. 

As for the hands discussion, there are a lot more hands between 72 and AA,AK,KK..etc so the game will never be dull with all tight players playing tight players. There´s a BIG differnce between a downright DONK taking horrible chances and ruining the game for others and a person gambling and simply missing. I will never agree that we need these donkeys. I last longer EVERYTIME I don´t meet them. So let´s just agree to disagree on that matter. 

I´m kind of fed up with everyone here having seen the hands thinking they are the oracles of poker and telling everyone they did the wrong thing. That guy pushing 72o could have pushed anything, obviously. Any Ace with low kicker for example. QJ is a GOOD hand then, even 910, and I see COUNTLESS calls, worse than QJ, and they win, often. But of course, the amount of BB to call in this particular case is a big gamble.

I don´t think the topic starter would have been on here "complaining" (airing his frustration is a better way to phrase it) if he got called by a "decent" hand. Do you ? 

Let people VENT. The moment we have written down our frustration we are already deep into another tourney, it´s all good. It´s life. It´s part of poker. Get down from your soap-boxes (plural, not YOU in particular Gr1zzl3r), I don´t care how long you´ve been (plural again) on this forum. Let new members blow off some steam and help them become better players. 

I have gotten a lot of tips and help from a few people here, and I have a LOT of respect for them, for that!

Your last few paragraphs, we agree, of course. 

Good luck yourself. 

Oh, and one last thing, if you or anyone else SAW all the crazy things I experienced the other day, when my bankroll was crippled, hand after hand, sng after sng, you might have felt the urge to rant a bit yourself. :waterfall:🤣

@GR1ZZL3R

• Like 1

Very nice reply, @GamesDean, I didn´t see this earlier. 

So the "can´t be result-oriented in poker" was misunderstood because the sentence states IN POKER in general, not hand for hand, and in that case, we agree. 

I for one will start pushing ANY hand when people limp utg or early position late in a tourney, cuz clearly that´s the correct play according to all the pros and the math and the equity. I don´t like it, but I´ll take the advice and change my game. 

👍

I Sincerly hope I meet some of the guys praising this kind of play and make them bust. Afterwards  they can praise my smartness. 

Here´s a hand for you guys to analyze, it happened in a €10 Shooting Star. 

Blinds are 30/60, I am SB, villain is BB. I have 5716, BB 4244 

(A bit earlier I made one bounty with KK vs. AA, and hit a set.)

I have 97s of spades and I raise 90 to 120 

Villain flat calls

Flop comes 10d, 8s, 2s

I now have openended for a straight and a flushdraw

I bet 282, I guess that was half pot. Villain raise me to 564, I then reraise him to 846. He calls. 

Turn comes 5d

I check. 

Villain pushes all in with 3271 remaining chips. 

With all my outs, I call. 

River is 4h

WHAT DID VILLAIN HAVE? 

@RedHotChiliP What's with the EGO measurement min raising to 846 ??? The money should be going in on the flop because you have to many outs in a Bounty MTT. I think you played the hand really bad and put yourself in an uncomfortable situation. Thats my opinion. 😉

@RedHotChiliP wrote:

I Sincerly hope I meet some of the guys praising this kind of play and make them bust. Afterwards  they can praise my smartness. 

Sry dude. Infinity is not enough time to learn how to obey the ways of the king, who sees everyone else as subservient, that carries the fruits in front of it's greatness.

It's an anger management therapy as good as anything else to post shtty feelings online, but please keep these in one thread of your own. Personally I envy people in a way, who even bothers to reply on these everyday situations gone dramatic. Your way or the higway, you say to people?

Highway please. 

@Rushbie wrote:

@RedHotChiliP wrote:

Sry dude. Infinity is not enough time to learn how to obey the ways of the king, who sees everyone else as subservient, that carries the fruits in front of it's greatness.

It's an anger management therapy as good as anything else to post shtty feelings online, but please keep these in one thread of your own. Personally I envy people in a way, who even bothers to reply on these everyday situations gone dramatic. Your way or the higway, you say to people?

Highway please. 

Oh, you couldn´t handle that, could you, the fact that I want to beat the same guys who endorse this kind of play WITH their own game ? Was THAT a problem too ? Get your head out of your arse already...

This was not a rant, this was ME agreeing with Scoby.

I have kept MY OWN rants in MY OWN thread, so what´s your ❤️♥️❤️ problem ?

• Like 1

@RedHotChiliP wrote:

@Rushbie wrote:

@RedHotChiliP wrote:

Highway please. 

I have kept MY OWN rants in MY OWN thread, so what´s your ❤️♥️❤️ problem ?

Your smartness. 

Your thread from general poker: https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/General-Poker/Preflop-raise/td-p/148432

Reference behind  "your way or highway" https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/General-Poker/The-poker-chit-chat/m-p/153378#M26031

Last reply from here. Hope that the autistic persons who you work with won't have to suffer similar torment like us donks and idiots like me here. Feels bad to try to feel good, and accepted. I'm going elsewhere to play now. Sorry I bothered, sir. Hope you win everything.

Drinking tonight so literally won't take this any further, the posting ban is real :Laugh::Wink:

No offence, take care, yo :Smirk: