The poker chit chat

JeppeL

Well today starts well... first playable hand of the evening in the €2 Shooting Star is AA from BB. Blinds 75/150.

Everybody folds but SB (5800chips) who limps in... I have 2900 chips, raise to 3bb. Pot is now 1060. Flop comes JKJ.. I min-raise 150, and SB calls.

turn comes; a 4 and also a possible flushdraw. I raise half pot, 680, sb calls. 

river comes; a 9, and also the possible flush. Sb checks and I raise 600 which leaves me with 1000 chips. 

He calls, and shows Q10, river gave him a straight. 

Time to play min €10 always I think... :waterfall:🤣

How many ways can you polish up a turd?

46off, yeah that´s a hand to play when chipleader puts 3bb, 150 on the table. And it´s only reasonable that such a bold move gets rewarded with 2 pairs on the flop, right...

Nevizuno is a Level 1. Unconscious incompetence

You know what I think!?

If they throw every  €5-rebuy they waste shoving J3off, J6off (this is fun?) into the bank-accounts of say, Amnesty Int. or Red Cross, so that SOME of the 11% of the worlds population that goes hungry every day can eat, I´ll stop "insulting" them, as you call it.

If they can play like douchebags, they can handle being called a douche too... 

Wasting money is not fun. I´m not the bad guy here, sorry.

Besides, this is the chit chat thread of the forum... wasn´t much going on here until I started posting. I think a little banter and complaining is healthy... you can always not read. And I can stop writing... so that the " Unconscious incompetence " as @illiteratum so funnily called them won´t be outed by my mean comments. 👍 @FeelsBadMan

@RedHotChiliP That's a silly argument, why don't you live like a monk and give all your possessions to charity? People do what they want with their money, some will dedicate everything to helping, some will do other stuff they enjoy, some will do both. And playing a game to have fun is not being a douchebag, you should try playing games for fun sometimes, you might actually enjoy them then. 

• Like 5

When people think they know what I think, I usually leave the conversation...you don´t know ❤️♥️❤️ about whether I enjoy the games I play or not. Of course I do. I wouldn´t play at all if it wasn´t fun. Don´t put opinions down my throat. 

I think YOUR arguement sucks, that´s why I came up with something I KNEW you would wave aside as silly. I do think it´s a point though. Too many people have too much money between their hands but do nothing good with it.

And of course, sure, poker should be fun, but is THAT what they think, when they push all their chips into the hands of someone else? Oh, this is fun? I mean, how braindead is that?  You want to defend these guys? Seriously??? @FeelsBadMan

@RedHotChiliP wrote:

Good for you. 

I´ll continue to harrass them, I think it´s fun harrassing morons...

@FeelsBadMan

Takes one to know one :)

this a friendly group, no need for name calling. 

Your kind of comments are the very reason Unibet poker doesnt have chat because it makes a toxic atmosphere for new players.

• Like 6
You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

It’s an Internet forum @FeelsBadMan  and I guess @RedHotChiliP is free to post whatever he likes (within the rules) just as you’re free to criticise that. To be honest it’s one of the politest forums I’ve been on .

Where I agree with you is with the naming of the opponents, rather than it being a general moan or rant or whatever it is. Personally, I wouldn’t use the names or the pictures - I think it’s a bit unfair as, (it seems), they’re not here to reply.

Re the other question Chili, now I’m just messing about in the low end stakes games, mainly sit and gos but I’ll play anything. The higher levels don’t appeal any more. These days I like playing where I don’t have to watch the other players, or concentrate, or indeed barely look at the table, and where a string of bad beats has zero emotional impact. Currently teaching my partner to play so happily knobbing about in the cheap seats. There are a lot of good things about playing on Unibet, especially for a beginner. Equally there are what I see as flaws in the poker client that would stop me playing at the higher levels even if I got the urge to shift up.

Incidentally the ‘unconscious incompetence’ thing - it’s not an insult; we’ve all been there, if not at poker, at something else. It’s just when there’s money involved it’s not a stage of learning you want to stay in very long.

When I first played online I’d learned the hand ranks and about the button and the blinds and thought “Yep, I’m ready to play.” The move to conscious incompetence took me about 10 minutes as I realised I hadn’t considered position and had not a fecking clue how much to bet at any stage of the hand. These days when I see someone bet out 40 chips into a 500 chip pot I cringe, knowing that was once me.

The Dunning-Kruger thing with Trump and Brexit - now that is an insult. But then they deserve it.

• Like 1

I used the word harrass, not ´cause I think I have, in any way, but ´cause I think this is all a tempest in a teapot. 

Show me, other than putting the "names" (it´s an alias, not their real names for crying out loud) of some clown who thinks it´s FUN to waste money, where I have harrassed or been too harsh to someone here. I think if you play like a fool you should damn well handle being called one. If any of the words I put here is offending you or any other, maybe YOU should go play in the kindergarden instead. 

I haven´t been MEAN, or over the top insulting. I have pointed out some players who clearly don´t give a flying f... about their cash, and I´m trying to take advantage of it, (which is hard, cuz you win one hand and lose the next in this bingohall) and also give some other players here the chance to know who these talented guys are. 

Deal with it. I do, but I reserve the right to TALK about it... @jonny2192

The flaws in the client, tell me more about this please. @illiteratum

The disconnections are gone for me at the moment. It´s highly random. The way the buttons are placed is for me horrible. Way to easy to make the wrong move with a trackpad and some "whiskey-fingers" - hahaha...

But what are you talking about ?

I know others post names and pics. Was just saying I wouldn’t do it myself @RedHotChiliP .

Poker client - yeah a couple of button issues when using a tablet; most annoying when you aim for the close window (x) and instead connect with the advert that takes you out of the app and onto the web. Then have to log back into the app.

But for playing at higher levels, other stuff:

Not being able to view the lobby in a sit and go before the game starts. At cheapo levels I don’t care who I play. Higher up I don’t want to sit at a table with 4 drums, knowing it’s going to turn into an all-in bingo fest at the end.  

I’d want a ‘Fold’ button where now there is only ‘Check’, as a weapon against clock runners.

And on the cash tables I’d want to see the players and where the spare seats are before sitting in. In a couple of months I’ve had about a dozen names but I see players using the same names all the time (or having similar names which leave no doubt who it is). No point having free information if you can’t use it.