The poker chit chat

JeppeL

As i said...  in situation :  2hours play , 12 place paid, position ie. 6 , 10 players below last paid  place. 4 all in,when you lost it  you go down.... this is joke? with what cards this players goes  all-in ?    You will risk that beaceuse  you have AA? against:  A10s, KJs, QQ  , 99....  even 89s... how many outs against you have ? this is hard spot,  and with those numbers of players with the same  stacks  you risk  whole game. and secure position   to get paid  place... rare spot and 2/2 it was good  fold

and it was on MTTwith  small  buy in,people plays  on 1-2euros  like in freerolls or nanos. ,even 5E  weird situations happens...

• Like 1
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

I totally agree with you here, Pinki, and you already explained why. The other Aces might be in the hands of the 3-4 other all-in´s, so AK, AQ, AJ, especially if they´re suit-con. would most likely be better post-flop. Would I be able to fold AA, not sure, but I agree. And in bounty, it´s a call, like you said. :)

How many ways can you polish up a turd?

I totally agree with you here, Pinki, and you already explained why. The other Aces might be in the hands of the 3-4 other all-in´s, so AK, AQ, AJ, especially if they´re suit-con. would most likely be better post-flop. Would I be able to fold AA, not sure, but I agree. And in bounty, it´s a call, like you said. :) @pinki

Oh but moving on is so hard ! Hahaha... is it really 60-40 ?

Well, in this case, I wanted the blinds, the ante and his 3 or so blinds. Sure, if I knew it was A10 against K4s I´d probably take the call, but I just don´t UNDERSTAND the call from his side. I think it´s really bad. He doesn´t know my cards obviously, and he definitely needs to hit a king or a flush in most cases. 

I can’t remember the exact details now @RedHotChiliP and on an iPad it’s a faff to look back on the forum while typing but...

1. I’d be absolutely amazed if he thought through his action. On here, almost certainly someone just entranced by suited cards and how much better they are than unsuited (even though they’re not). So he thought, “I’ll have a punt.”

2. If, however, you do sit and think about it...

a) I seem to remember he had you well covered so his call is unlikely to be the difference between him winning the tournament and losing it.

b) By calling I’m assuming that pushes him further up the prize board if he wins the hand - so there’s that immediate reward for the winning call

c) The call itself is not as bad as it first appears. Again, he wouldn’t have thought about it but:

You (presumably) wouldn’t push with AA. You’d want a customer. Ditto KK (unlikely because you’re holding one).

Again since he has a K, he might conclude the chances of you having one are reduced. Unlikely then he’ll be dominated by say K-J.

So, hands he’s scared of are mid pairs - where he’s only about 30% . In the case of you having the ace, he’s 40% and a stack of outs. But of course you might also be jamming with Q-J, Q-10, J-10 etc, in which case he’s favourite.

I wouldn’t make the call personally but I think it’s easy to think it’s worse than it is. What does make it pretty bad though is that he wouldn’t have thought about any of the above 😀

• Like 2

hand.png.094803a02e845b7e27645ff7cf5f6ef8.png

Freeroll, my main goal is to get the ticket. My stack is enough for the foldem play. All I have to win my big blind 1 or two times to reach the goal. My opponent raises very often and calls with the second nuts/draws too but he can fold too. I think it depends on his appetite and pot. The more is the pot the more he call the c-bet.  He can have anything and he using the chips to terrorize the table. What do you think, should I take a risk and reraise in similar situations or fold and small ball is the efficient playing style?

• Like 1

@illiteratum Nice post! 

Yeah,  I know, you´re right, and definitely about the last point. He didn´t go through all those options in his mind. :D

However, with the amount of horrible calls you get here, I might actually push AA, KK there. You get paid most of the time. 

153762257_ScreenShot2018-04-10at19_18_49.thumb.png.9dc99f4261f00967f8c67a306f36ad75.png

Poor Bansee, thought he had won the hand with his river bet. I potraised flop, check-called turn and pushed the river like a last action hero! Had a pretty good read on him... He doubled the blind preflop.. with A-rag I´m pretty sure. 

:Angel::Cash:

@psrquackwrote:

hand.png.2f8dcc86889e1af6bcecc7f96dfc87bf.png

Freeroll, my main goal is to get the ticket. My stack is enough for the foldem play. All I have to win my big blind 1 or two times to reach the goal. My opponent raises very often and calls with the second nuts/draws too but he can fold too. I think it depends on his appetite and pot. The more is the pot the more he call the c-bet.  He can have anything and he using the chips to terrorize the table. What do you think, should I take a risk and reraise in similar situations or fold and small ball is the efficient playing style?

I hate this kind of situation. When i have a comp(lete idiot)adre like this at my table, and finally i have a hand to fight with (AKs, AA, KK, QQ), somehow i always manage to loose :Rofl:

• Like 2

This just happened! 

On the flop Pero checked, I shoved, beardguy fold, and the p(e)ro decided "my hand is effin killer!", so he called... 

GG, not gonna play rebuys anymore tonight... still have chips but what´s the point. Too stupid.

The 4 stages of learning @RedHotChiliP

1. Unconscious incompetence

2. Conscious incompetence

3. Conscious competence

4. Unconscious competence

No matter where a player is on that scale, there’s a reason to play poker.

Stage 1 is covered by the Dunning-Kruger Effect which also gave us Trump and Brexit.

First rule of Fight Club - you do not talk about Fight Club.

First rule of the Dunning-Kruger Club?  You don’t know you’re in the Dunning-Kruger Club.

• Like 3

Good point @FeelsBadMan 

Incidentally, if you want to see unconscious incompetence laid bare, play the low stakes hold ‘em on here. Everyone has the identical game.

ie. If it’s folded round they stick in 3x the B.B to steal the blinds.  If you’re doing what everyone else is doing, you’re playing for the house. You can’t make money - not in the long term. And yet it happens.

It’s ironic that what would have been considered good play in the early days of online poker is now so prevalent, it’s bad play. What used to be bad play; flat call and see the flop is now the contrarian move that opens the window to a profit.

Compare that to STTs where blind stealing isn’t very common, but where flat calling and praying/hoping is.

It’s weird that the same players engage in those opposite techniques in the two forms of poker.

I had a good morning laugh at your first post. Almost choked on my coffee, and that´s not good for my Malta-trip. Haha

But this Pero-dude, must be in the videogame segment @FeelsBadMan talked about, or some level below unconscious..it was ridiculous. 

Hoooffff, but I detest limping. I prefer old style with skill preflop and hit postflop 🆒 @illiteratum

• Like 1