The microstakes path to the Supernova

NeriPoker

@Leo-Unibet

I would just like to give some feedback and thoughts regarding the Supernova satellite tree or lack of a solid structured one imo.

I feel like there is no clear or at least sensible path for a microstakes player to Unibet's flagship poker tournament. If I filter my lobby for games less than 5 euros I get this dismal offering

supernova.thumb.JPG.bf1fa6eaca7b77128a7e7458cc4c4c66.JPG

One 5 euro game and some flips. 

A single 5 euro game is poor and even then it's a R/A which potentially makes it a 15 euro game. This is just too high an entry point for a microstakes player. There are generic sattys yes but even then not really a huge amount of qualifiers to a 10 euro ticket. I can see just 2 games where you can win such a ticket between now and midnight for example.

Why isn't there any Supernova satellite games for micro players who actually want to play some poker and work their way to a big tournament? Flips just don't appeal to a lot of players. Sure, keep them for those that want to punt but the system also needs some actual Supernova satellite games at the microstakes level. I would also highlight these games a different colour, make them look special and stand out! A path to something big. 

This will really provide a solid tree of 2-10-100 imo where you play actual poker on every level. Thanks. 

• Like 7

in my humble opinion, if the satty is set like it ist not by mistake ! it separates the high and the low..the low need lucks to access the high! expensive and high variance

im not fan , i think it goes against all the meanings of the game of poker

@NeriPokerI think you have a great suggestion here.. I would say even lower entries to start with..

20c - 1 - 5 - 10 - 100 - Supernova 

That way the microstakes players can have a go! 

Great Idea @NeriPoker. I don't know why someone didn't make this suggestion long ago! 

Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

@ArtyMcFly wrote:

A 2-10-100 path, or a 1-5-10-100, might encourage people to try and grind it up.

Something akin to the UK Tour or UO satty routes might increase participation.

I think having exchangers for Supernova satty tickets would also increase participation. Seems to have helped for both the UO and UK tour sats.

• Like 1

From the responses so far I would say we have to keep pushing for this, I, and by the look of it many others, would certainly give them a go. 

buzz lightyear GIF 

Or maybe just the Supernova to start with. :Thumbsup:

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@NeriPoker wrote:

@Leo-Unibet

I would just like to give some feedback and thoughts regarding the Supernova satellite tree or lack of a solid structured one imo.

I feel like there is no clear or at least sensible path for a microstakes player to Unibet's flagship poker tournament. If I filter my lobby for games less than 5 euros I get this dismal offering

supernova.thumb.JPG.d5379a1634aec4267b3ae3449a94b825.JPG

One 5 euro game and some flips. 

A single 5 euro game is poor and even then it's a R/A which potentially makes it a 15 euro game. This is just too high an entry point for a microstakes player. There are generic sattys yes but even then not really a huge amount of qualifiers to a 10 euro ticket. I can see just 2 games where you can win such a ticket between now and midnight for example.

Why isn't there any Supernova satellite games for micro players who actually want to play some poker and work their way to a big tournament? Flips just don't appeal to a lot of players. Sure, keep them for those that want to punt but the system also needs some actual Supernova satellite games at the microstakes level. I would also highlight these games a different colour, make them look special and stand out! A path to something big. 

This will really provide a solid tree of 2-10-100 imo where you play actual poker on every level. Thanks. 

Hey @NeriPoker 

We're running qualifiers where the ticket wins can be used all the way from €0,40 to final ticket of €100, and we're running lots of them.

The lower micro levls can be hard to sppot because those qualifiers are generic and ticket won can be used in regular MTT or if you prefere grind your way all up yo a €100 Supernova ticket. We want to keep those lower qualifers generic so ticket winners will have more options what they want to do with the ticket win.

If you want to grind from super low I recomend you taking this path:

"Qualifier to €2 Ticket"  40 cent buyin, runs every hour

Then

"Qualifier to €10 Ticket"  2 euro buyin, these runs aroound teh clock

Then with the €10 in  your account you can start looking at those "Supernova" qualifiers

• Like 1