cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Karabas Rank 8
Rank 8

Hi!
I'm tired of being a constant bubble-boy. I propose to make insurance against this. At the end of late registration all interested players can choose whether they want to buy insurance (for an example of 1/10 of the buy-in). The entire prize pool takes the bubble-boy. This can bring more dynamics to the game in the late stages. What do you think about it?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
Livertool Rank 24
Rank 24

But what if suggestion goes through and you find yourself being bubbleboy of the bubbleboy constantly after that? Do you want insurance for that position too then? 

You could also try to change playing style a bit if something happens over and over again Smile

To bet or not to bet, that is the question.
Karabas Rank 8
Rank 8
The matter is not in my case. Implementing insurance provide more dynamics in the game on the bubble. If enough players buy insurance, the prize will be comparable to the final table.
0 Likes
GR1ZZL3R Rank 23
Rank 23

Interesting but a fair point from @Livertool how far down do you want the insurance to go? There would probably be quite a few going all in on the bubble just to make something back, completely changing the dynamics and good bubble play. While we're at it why not have insurance against being the first out?  You might have even more all ins on the first hand than there are now! Rofl

It Is What It Is
XY Rank 20
Rank 20

@Livertool wrote:

But what if suggestion goes through and you find yourself being bubbleboy of the bubbleboy constantly after that? Do you want insurance for that position too then? 

Slikovni rezultat za good thinking gif

psrquack Rank 26
Rank 26

It would be great having and option (similar to the make a deal at FT option) when you could offer % of your winnings to the bubble boy. For example when the blinds are too high and it's poor gamble who will finish ITM then if everyone accepts it then pp would be reduced with the sum of one buyin and bubble boy would get it.

0 Likes
GR1ZZL3R Rank 23
Rank 23

I'm sorry but I just don't get this at all. Sad

Let's say the final 9 get paid, there are ten players left, so the next out is "bubble boy" and leaves with nothing. Now you're saying 10th place should get some sort of consolation. In that case when 11 players are left, the next one out is "bubble boy" and leaves with nothing. How is that any different except for the amount of money paid out to the first person to lose in the payout places and the number of places paid? Wonder

It Is What It Is
0 Likes
WuDu Rank 22
Rank 22

@Livertool wrote:

Please, stop trolling! This is a serious issue.

giphy

"I only understand friendship or scorched earth."
–Roger Ailes
Livertool Rank 24
Rank 24

@WuDu 

I never troll. Always strictly business. That is why i would like to know, who is that charming woman in gif revealing truth?

To bet or not to bet, that is the question.
psrquack Rank 26
Rank 26

No, there is only one bubble boy, the original, who can get the buyin back. Others are at least 2 steps from the original payout. This situation may happen especially in live MTT's when blinds are too high, people are tired and it's poor gamble who will survive. Giving the buyin back to the possible bubble boy can speed up the game and decrease the chance receiving nothing after many hours of play.

0 Likes