The future of NL4 and PLO4 for poker promos?

Stuart

Last month in the moving on up promo NL4, PLO4 did not count towards week 4 and now next months High Hand promo is also the same. Got me thinking, will these stakes be phased out of all future prromotions? Why is this? And has there already been an executive decision of sorts to implement this? Not moaning btw (no insults please), just asking. 🤫

@Leo-Unibet @Chris-Unibet 

The rake for both NL4 and PLO4 is at an industry-low of only 1 %.

It is possible that Unibet is actually running these stakes at a loss in order to 

offer players a better playing experience when they start out at the lowest stakes. Therefore

it is likely that it would simply be too unprofitable to include these stakes in promotions sometimes.

By the way, it was possible to qualify for the Moving on up promotion using both NL4 and PLO4 for 3 out

of 4 weeks. Only in the last week they were not included in the promotion. 

I say it is pretty resonable that the lowest stakes are not included on a last step promotion that offers (potentialy) 6x your BI as a reward.

The 3rd week also offered a NL10€  ticket which could also help you complete the last challenge with a bit of run good and it also let's you see how you do versus the pool at 10NL, maybe you don't trust your game so much, but taking a shot never killed any1 just playing disciplined. 

I was pleasently surprised by this promo and I think it was an overall succes seeing for the first time since I'm playing on Unibet that the 10NL player pool was bigger on average than the one at 4NL.

If you really want to complete the challenge my advice would be to try registering with 50bb (5€) and try to play small pots. It won't be too different from 4NL as many of the 4NL players moved up also for the challenge.

Best of luck!

Better to be lucky than good.

High hand was perfect for nl4 plo4 simply because it was fun chasing 1 outer 😏 and it wasnt very expensive to do so. I remember i once hit two high hands in a day and it was ofcourse plo4 🆒😀. Will probably hit plo10 for promotion but i dont have high hopes for it  😞

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Quick one from me to confirm a bit what has been said and add one element. 

Indeed part of the reason is that the rake is very low (1%) at this stake 1% so we choose not to always add that stake to our promotions. 

For High Hand promotion (running in April) specifically, including that stake would mean that around 50% of winnings hands would be from that stake and that's a lot of money added to a stake that is already running 24/7 (you never have to wait to start playing at that stake) and raked very low. It's not the best way to use our promotion money basically. Plus seing 50% of winning hands at the lowest stake isn't really motivating for players playing higher. 

We consider the monthly mission to our main promotion for NL/PL4 players.

@Chris-Unibetwrote:

Quick one from me to confirm a bit what has been said and add one element. 

Indeed part of the reason is that the rake is very low (1%) at this stake 1% so we choose not to always add that stake to our promotions. 

For High Hand promotion (running in April) specifically, including that stake would mean that around 50% of winnings hands would be from that stake and that's a lot of money added to a stake that is already running 24/7 (you never have to wait to start playing at that stake) and raked very low. It's not the best way to use our promotion money basically. Plus seing 50% of winning hands at the lowest stake isn't really motivating for players playing higher. 

We consider the monthly mission to our main promotion for NL/PL4 players.

I do think it would be great for new players  (to Unibet/poker in general) if there was say a 3 month period where they were allowed to take part in all promotions regardless of them playing at NL4/PL4, I know from personal experience that these promotions help settle in and encourage new players. I o totally understand the points above, thanks for that @Chris-Unibet.

Removing a promotion completley from a stake level isn't a good thing. It is ok if the last step has to be completed at another stake level, if the previous step pays a ticket for that stake level. But this is really really bad. I feel sorry for Unibet if they can't afford to pay €4 to someone that completes the mission at the €4 level...

The problem is easily solvable by having one leaderboard for each level. The higher you go the lower the required winning hand would probably be. This would encourage more people to move up in stakes, without making the majority of the player base feel left out. 

The problem woth having so many leaderboards could be solved by limiting the hours the promotion runs even more, and if that isn't enough you could also limit what days the promotion runs.  And the information that €4 and banzai doesent count should be made clear in the actual client, just linking a webpage is sneaky and something I don't expect from Unibet. More like Stars business practises.

just to repeat what was said on this forum many times :

rake on nl4 is 1% (!!!), do you have any idea how awesome unibet is for you guys to do this!

if anybody should complain it's nl25 when you compare stakes at the rake table ... 

anyway 1% rake on cashgames is awesome & never done by any site that i know of, only tonybet did better at the launch of their site, where they offered no rake on their cashgames, but that was just temporary.

CONCLUSION: pokerstars are greedy bastards,  but unibet is still awesome as :Heart::Hearts::Heart: !!!

No one is saying that 1% rake is bad. What is bad is excluding those players from taking part in certain promotions, especially if it is for a whole month. Incentivise is better. So at 4€ you get one buy in. At €10 and €25 two and do on.

So Unibet needs to the the math and figure out how they can offer promotions for everyone, but make it more enticing to play higher and thus pay more rake.

Well, at least you guys playing cash have a promo running every month, even if you have to move up from lowest level. Playing mainly SNG's and MTT's it warms my heart that Unibet only cares for cash game population and runs promos every month just for that part of population.

@boza011 So what was UOS then last month? :p

edit: @Blaren they do with their money what they want ;) and as Chris mentioned there is no point at all in promoting the lowest stake as they have enough traffic. 

Promotion are meant to Promote something that isn't popular yet... Complaining about this being "not fair" is just utter bull❤️♥️❤️, there is no site where you get as much (for free) as on Unibet and you should realise thet ;)

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@Blaren what about the high stakes cash games promos? Should they make it high stakes + 4NL so people don't feel left out? The same argument can be used for all the promos. The point of promotions is to incentivize traffic in certain games and actually move up. Of course not everyone will be able to, so that promo isn't for them.

And what other people meant with the 1% rake, it's the it in itself is a fantastic promo exclusive to 4NL. Other sites charge you 5 times as much to play the same game and then give you back 5-10% in a promo. Even if there would be no other promo for 4NL it would still blow out of the water what most other sites offer for this stake (not all, I'm aware there were some no rake sites), but there still are plenty of promos include 4NL, like the missions for example that offer far beyond 100% rakeback and others.  

@VikingsAFOf course they do what they want with their money. But the assumption that there is no need to promote the lowest stakes because they already have enough traffic is wrong. You offer promotions to keep players playing on your site. Further, no site in their right mind would say no to running a promotion that increased volume everywhere if it cost them less running the promotion than they would gain in increased rake due to more players playing.

@FeelsBadMan They could incentivise people to move up by changing the requirements for clearing a promo at  each level or making the reward bigger.It is also fine by me if they run missions for 4 weeks and the last mission can only be cleared at higher stakes.
Yes 1% rake is good, I get that. But it is a 'invisible' promotion and will not be enough to keep those players on the site if no other promotions are run. I occasionally play on another site that has no promotions and no reward system. Without a reward system, losing feels much worse. On Unibet you might at least have gotten closer to clearing a mission, but on that other site you just lost. I think this shows that you do need a reward system and not only low rake. I would guess that in the same way you also need to run promotions, and not only say 'hey guys 1% rake'

@Blaren including NL4 will reduce the players on the higher stakes (as Chris said) because they see that more than 50% of the prizes will be taken at 4NL,so for them it's not worth

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@Blaren Well you do have a point that a visible promotion might be more successful in bringing players and giving that feel good so players stick around, although 4NL doesn't really struggle with liquidity and during promos gets an infusion of people that play the minimum on the minimum level. Low rake does have another benefit, that that it keeps player bankrolls alive for more, therefore they get to enjoy the game more and end up quitting the game less in the very beginning. 

However unibet is very flexible with their promotions and always look for feedback. If they made the rake 5 times highter and offered constant promotions for 4NL that would amount to a maximum of 10% rakeback would you feel like you and other players would be more inclined to play these games?

Eliminating nl4 plo4 means this time in High Hand promotion Unibet is spending much more on it so i dont really understand this topic 😞. Decision probably got nothing to do with rake on nl4 only with fairness cause it was pretty hard to win it outside of micro considering most of the site traffic was (is)there. And i know it wasnt fair cause i won myself like 4 or more plo4 tickets :popeye: So get over it people its not end of the world. There will be more promotions for nl4.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Archived