The challenge points has come to an end!

Destroyer666

I got this , its in swedish so i guess use google translate.

Hej,

Vi vill informera dig om att pokerutmaningarna kommer att avslutas vid andra kvartalets ❤️♥️❤️, 30 juni 2019 kl.23.59 UCT. Eventuell kompensation för överskjutande framsteg som tidigare förts över till följande kvartal görs nu istället i en utbetalning inom tre arbetsdagar efter kvartalets ❤️♥️❤️.

Unibet
Av spelare, för spelare

• Like 1

Hi @Destroyer666 

Unfortunately we will not continue to offer challenges for Swedish customers, product offering varies between markets.

I understand that it is very disappointing to you but with all the changes happening on different markets, it was a decision from our end that was not avoidable.

Thanks

Will they be replaced with something else? From my understanding of the Swedish legislation, a one time bonus is still legal. Could you offer Swedish players a big one time bonus so that we have some rakeback? Unfortunately with the high rake, playing without any rakeback is very unattractive. I for one will be limiting my play on Unibet to only the very best tables until this is resolved.
  • Like 1

You say that like you're going to play on a different site that offers RB. Any site which offers you RB will be likely breaching local regulation. You should probably be annoyed with your government, not Unibet.
  • Like 4

@henrymorgan wrote:

Will they be replaced with something else? From my understanding of the Swedish legislation, a one time bonus is still legal. Could you offer Swedish players a big one time bonus so that we have some rakeback? Unfortunately with the high rake, playing without any rakeback is very unattractive. I for one will be limiting my play on Unibet to only the very best tables until this is resolved.

They will not be replaced by anything else, but it's possible that the poker welcome offer will be changed for Sweden.

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

I was concerned with challenges not being allowed under Swedish legislation when the legislation was introduced. At the time I got the response from Unibet that they would stay, which they did for 6 months. May I ask in what way the interpretation of the law changed? Has Unibet been told by the gambling authority or whatever that challenges dont comply? 

@Brocky wrote:

You say that like you're going to play on a different site that offers RB. Any site which offers you RB will be likely breaching local regulation. You should probably be annoyed with your government, not Unibet.

I understand the frustration by the players, but Brocky touches an important point. As a player, make sure to inform on what politicians called for these regulatory changes and use that next time you are called to vote. It had a severe impact on my voting behaviour back in Belgium.

• Like 1

All 8 major parties were in favor of the gambling bill. I voted for a party that isnt, they usually get an impressive 0,01% or so of the votes. It is quite possible to be frustrated with both the politicians and with Unibet on this issue.
  • Like 1