The UNOFFICIAL UOS feedback and suggestion thread

MoreTBC

It's not quite over yet but I think enough of the UOS has passed to start collecting some feedback and suggestions for future series. I have no idea if Leo/Unibet plan to do any formal research or polls but I'm jumping the gun :)

As much as I like to argue on the internet and tell people I think their ideas are stupid the plan is to hopefully just have everyone give their own personal good/bad points and suggestions for the future and the Unibet can just collect a general consensus from that. 

With that in mind, if everyone could stick to roughly the format below it should make it easy enough for Leo and the gang to get some decent data.

Good points with current series

• Slow structure for early event and faster structure for later event. Seems to work perfectly 99% of the time.
  • 6 events a night. I think 3 a night just isn't enough and any more than 6 would be overkill.
  • GTDs. Whether it's the series itself or the addition of Irish/SJ players the GTDs, which could have been considered ambitious pre-series, have been getting smashed all over the place. It creates a prospect of the next UOS having double the GTDs and in some of the lower events multiple x GTDs
  • Leaderboards. Regardless of BR and stakes played these have been creating a real buzz with all players and it great to see. Whether it's the Ambassadors firing shots at each other over the Overall leaderboard or mve02mol having his own personal battle with them in the nanos it's great to see people wanting to get involved.
  • Twitch presence. It's been great to have a stream on every night highlighting the series

Bad points with current series

• Format variety. I know it's hard when you're only offering NLHE and PLO but I think two different formats a night could have been achieved.
  • Rebuy/Addon. I think there were too many in the schedule.
  • VTL MTTs as the early ones. While I don't think VTL is bad the 3/6/9 structure for the early event meant late reg finished very early and a lot of players missed out.

Suggestions for future series

• I'd like to see variety in the formats. Changing the Bounty payouts, Re-entry as well as R/A, not having the same format twice in one night (Monday had all R/A, Thursday will be all FO) as well as some hopefully not too development heavy things like a timed MTT or even a NLHE/PLO mix.
  • I think Early events with VTL should have 6/8/10min level structures to both slow them down and allow for longer late reg.
  • Twitch streams should be on the official Unibet channel during these events IMO as it'll have a much bigger reach than any single ambassadors channel. I also thing having multiple ambassadors on at the same time just hurts them and they should be using the dual stream setup going forward to try and maximise awareness of the series.
  • A phased event that runs every night with a 'Day 2' on the last day.
  • I think the events should be numbered and named collectively (E1-N E1-L E1-H instead of E1, E2, E3). It just get's confusing trying to remember what E47 is if you're ever discussing it.

I can't think of any more just now :)

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

Good points with current series

• Structures of the MTT's are realy great (for me the structure is speed and stack) also the consistency in the early = slow and late = fast, was great.
  • Amount of games per night and what they are counting towards (leaderboards). Two games for every leaderboard per night is perfect, and I love that you need to put that exra effort in it (to play more games and lower stakes) to give the overall leaderboard a shot. Though I think the points distribution should be fixed a bit
  • Nano and low BI's are well spread between 0.10 and 1, and, 2 and 25 respectively.
  • Late-reg on some events

Bad points with current series

• High games are a bit to monotone being 25 mostly and a few 50's only
  • Far to few variation in games to fill 2 weeks.
  • Prize distribution in the leaderboards. A bit of the money from the nano could be shifted to the high. High could have less places paid but more to the higher positions and for nano the other way around. Seeing 500 players per game I think there could be more places paid.
  • Far too many 9-handed games compared to 6-handed games 
  • Sat structures were only fixed in the half of the series :p 
  • late-reg on some events

Suggestions for future series 

• Replace the overall leaderboard with a final invitational MTT somewhere in the weeks after the series, where the winner of each game is invited. (Stacks according to amount of wins and/or what kind of game you won 1k for nano win, 2k for low and 2.5k for high e.g.) Prizes could be accordingly to as how they are now
  • As I understand that new game formats cost a lot of dev time, experiments with available settings could be done. Tournaments with deeper payouts (17-22% instead of 12,5%), with turbo structure untill the (final table)bubble and slower after, Inverse Sputnik :p (Slow levels at the start, but speeding up in the later game), just some variations in bounties (higher percentage progressive, set-bounty wthout progression, full bounty), 3-,4- or 5-seated games.
  • MORE PLO
  • BI consistency with nano 0.10-0.25-0.5 vs low 1-2-5 vs high 10-25-50 with a 1-10-100 ME
  • Try out a high roller maybe on the last saturday of the series with a 250 BI. With some decent qualifiers running I think this could be a succes (10R/A, 25R, 50FO > 250 suggested sats)
  • Naming convention as @MoreTBC mentioned. E1H, E1L, E1N or even H(igh)1, L(ow)1, N(ano)1
  • DEV TIME: SNG's as qualifiers, this could clutter out a bit of the current MTT shedule which is jam-packed with qualifiers

Overall I love the series as it is, so good job @Leo-Unibet and the rest of the team

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Kinda hard to stick with that format when you kinda mentioned everything, would just end up with a lot of copy pastes which is pointless 😏

• Format variety. I know it's hard when you're only offering NLHE and PLO but I think two different formats a night could have been achieved.

They did that with a previous league didn't they? 1 NLH 1 PLO. While a few players will love it having so much PLO, for most it would be an annoying chore to have to play them if they want to have a chance for the leaderboard, or just won't play ez. In the current format it's just a small chore and some players will even skip them and play formats they like, cause ultimately it should be an enjoyable experience. If they had more formats yeah sure, a bigger % of the tournaments could have been the weird games. 

• Rebuy/Addon. I think there were too many in the schedule.

The numbers seem kinda balanced, maybe a bit less R/A, the real issue is that a 2€ freezeout is in the same category as a 10€ rebuy addon turbo. There's no problem with R/A mtt's if they're in the appropriate category, the problem comes from the fact that the R/A makes it much higher stakes but remains in the same bracket.

• VTL MTTs as the early ones. While I don't think VTL is bad the 3/6/9 structure for the early event meant late reg finished very early and a lot of players missed out.

I like these types of structures but yeah they could be adjusted a bit. As for long latereg times, they're not that great, especially for leagues, keep them reasonable. 

As for the unibetpoker twitch, idk if it would have that much reach as it's not actievely used, while the streamers have an active viewerbase, and unibetpoker hosts them so it will be noticed in the following list I guess. But no e-mail to all the followers there, which would be nice to have soo idk. One con to this, imagine Ian or Lappin having to deal with 2 channels instead of 1, change settings, steam keys, oh boy :laugh:

Yah phased tournaments would be nice and yeah that naming scheme would be better

• Replace the overall leaderboard with a final invitational MTT somewhere in the weeks after the series, where the winner of each game is invited. (Stacks according to amount of wins and/or what kind of game you won 1k for nano win, 2k for low and 2.5k for high e.g.) Prizes could be accordingly to as how they are now

They had a league like that too, it's kinda cool, personally I like it, but super high variance, more tilting if you always come close to a win, favors pros, and that's not a leaderboard at all. Also the polar opposite of this league, favors a lucky bink rather than consistency and playing a lot.

As for the slow at the start fast at the end tournaments whyyy, why would you like to play for 2-3 hours pots that barely matter for your stack to only end up with average stacks of 2-3BB when the money matters. Okay I know the reason, you like to punt for high stakes but don't want to gift Uhlen more 400NL stacks 😏

@FeelsBadManwrote:

Kinda hard to stick with that format when you kinda mentioned everything, would just end up with a lot of copy pastes which is pointless :Cheeky

They did that with a previous league didn't they? 1 NLH 1 PLO. While a few players will love it having so much PLO, for most it would be an annoying chore to have to play them if they want to have a chance for the leaderboard, or just won't play ez. In the current format it's just a small chore and some players will even skip them and play formats they like, cause ultimately it should be an enjoyable experience. If they had more formats yeah sure, a bigger % of the tournaments could have been the weird games.

I didn't think everyone would agree with everything I put up :) Also thought it makes more sense from a data collecting POV to have 10 people say they like something over 10 likes to a post.

I meant early event as FO and late as R/A or Bounty as early and PLO ante as late, not one NLHE and one PLO. I agree it's too much PLO.

• Make all PLO 6-max. Forgot to add this. 9-max PLO is just silly, especially at the lower levels.

@FeelsBadMan  I never gave a stack to Uhlen? :p

Also. In the beginning playing an MTT is fun, I wouldn't mind playing long pots. And then when it gets boring, BOOM you only have 5 bbs left because it's hyper turbo now. Who calls that boring? Right?

Also, for the finalist MTT I suggested it to replace the overall leaderboard :) the 3 leaderboard per BI level should stay :) 

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

I like the overall concept of the UOS. Great step in the right direction, however there's a lot room for improvement:

1. I think it would be better to have a higher range of diversity. There's no need to have two rebuy events on the same day or two bounties or two freezeouts. Mix it up! I'm only playing Hold'em freezeouts and didn't participate in the series from 3/3 until today. In addition there were a few 5 Euro Hold'em freezeouts, did they differ much from each other? I have no clue, except the one today (3/7) played a lot faster.
  2. I'm missing the special feeling a little, an optional UOS background for the time of the series would be great. Also the games felt like regular donkaments.
  3. Have qualifiers for the series run year round at fixed times per day, similar to the Unibet Open satellites. If I want to play one of my UO50 tickets, I know I can always join the qualifier between 8-9:30 PM CET. I have no clue when all those UOS satellites are running, sometimes they pop out of the schedule, sometimes they run, sometimes they don't....
  4. If you let me buy into the main events via my other tickets (Sputnik, Milky Way, Supernova), why not open the qualifiers to those tickets as well?
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

I agree with pretty much everything you guys said but I want to stress on the overall feeling that everynight I was playing kinda the same tournaments, like a weird groundhog punting day.

Not much variation on gametypes, seats, buyins.. I was very excited for the series but now, getting close to the end, can't say I am extatic for a new evening to start regging, even though the series has been profitable for me.

And am I the only one who feels that the overall structure was hyper rebuy addon frenzy super turbo bankroll crusher??

Also, as pointed out before, the satelite structure was very much haotic. I would have liked some kind of dedicated deadline satelites before the event, with 5-10 tickets, instead of spread out generic sats with 2-3 tix which forces you to try win a 100 uos ticket and then ask to split it into 25s due to the high number of freakin 25r/addon tourneys!

Just my 2c.

P.S. Sorry that I didn't respect the structure suggested, not very organized person :(

@Inhuman @MoreTBC @WuDu @VikingsAF @FeelsBadMan 

Guys.....thanks a bunch for your constructive thoughts regarding the Series. You defenitely have some valid points for improvments, if we ever decide to do the Unibet Online Series again 🤫 . I have already realize some things that could been done different, It's a bit trial and error this first time, liquidity wise, variations in games and buyin ranges. One thing is obviously true, the guarantees were this time not aggresiv enough, expect those to be adjusted in the future. Thanks guys! :rockon: 

@Leo-Unibet I can agree with @MoreTBC's opinion as there are/were too many rebuy/addon event. I understand it was because the higher buyin and you expect less players but for personally me would be better if we play more 50€ FO tournament or KO then those lot 25€ R/A.

But overall I really like the UOS and I hope there will be more series in this year!

2 idea:

- If there will be next UOS increase the GTD as every event crushed its GTD (but I know you know it :D ) -> more ppl come maybe they stay here at Unibet to play regularly

- Maybe beside this great leaderboard you can add something if somebody running like a god. For example 3 event win in the series or 6 final table and villain gets a Unibet Open package. OR gets some ticket package to the next UOS

But let me say a big thank you @Leo-Unibet for this series (and to everybody else who created it)! Great series with great promos added! Good job guys!

@MoreTBC@Leo-Unibet

Sweeeet! :D

Adding one more suggestion if I may, instead of having these 6 events per evening, relatively close to each other, and almost definetly overlapping, I for one am clicking buttons all over the place 6 tabling :O , how about having 2 earlier events with deep structure, deep stacks, then 2 in the evening regular structure, and later at night the turboish ones.

Alrighty then maybe @MoreTBC can summarize and bullet list all the suggestions better, at the end of this thread :P

So true what have been said here. But one big suggestion.... Instead of overall lederboard.... after the series, one tournament, your points=your chips at start. Thats make it interesting and motivate trough hole series. 😛

theMachine HAS FOCUSED ON nanoEVENTS ONLY: 

//POSITIVES

• NUMBER OF EVENTS PERTAINING TO TWO PER STAKE PER DAY
  • LEADERBOARDS REAL TIME UPDATES & COMMUNICATION OF INFORMATION
  • MASSIVE nanoLEADERBOARD PRIZES WITH ZERO RAKE ON nanoEVENTS
  • INVOLVEMENT OF AMBASSADORS  & HIGHROLLING BIGSHOTS COMPELLED TO COMPETE IN nanoEVENTS
  • TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE 

//NEGATIVES:

• FORMAT VARIETY. DESPITE GAME TYPE LIMITATIONS MORE VARIATION MUST BE POSSIBLE. ANTE ONLY TOURNAMENTS / NLHE/PLO MIX / PLHE? 
  • IT WOULD APPEAR AS THOUGH OPPONENTS WERE NOT GIVEN FOLD BUTTONS DURING THE PLO EVENTS. 

//RECTIFICATIONS:

• IMPLEMENT STRICT VALIDATION PROCESS FOR POT LIMIT OMAHA TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION. AN ENTRY EXAM COMPRISING OF A SERIES OF MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS ABOUT POT LIMIT OMAHA WILL BE REQUIRED BEFORE BEING ALLOWED TO PROCEED. theMachine WILL SCREEN ENTRANTS & ELIMINATE THOSE DETERMINED TO DESTROY THE GREAT GAME OF OMAHA.

For me number of rebuy/addon are pretty fine. When you play for 0.25c-2e people are playin very loose no matter what the structure and with rebuy you dont feel bad beats that much and with leaderboards its more thank ok. IMO every Omaha tournament should be in rebuy mode (maybe not for an hour or not unlimited rebuys) and every NLH up until 1e just to make rewards higher.

I dont like long latereq, though. yesterday 0.50c freezout had like 2.5/3h latereq which is defo too much. 

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Personally prefer less omaha 😏 Maybe it should be proportional with demand for these tournaments over the population, not just the people asking cause only the people wanting will be asking. Just feel like against comments need to be mentioned as well since 2 people asking for 6 max ended up in the entire mtt schedule becoming 6max, 2 people asking for rebuys ended up in everything becoming a rebuy, 1 person asking for super long lateregs, well yeah, so opinions, diversity, all of that would be great , and ratios based on actual demand. 

Great series overall! Loved the GTDs and especially the leaderboards. :)

Only things that bothered me were:

1. The occasional client problems. Especially the broken lobby/tournament info during bubbles and ITM were extremely annoying. Not knowing where you're at at these stages... well I'm sure you can relate.

2. The BI gap between the respective main events and the regular events of that category. E.g. in the low, €5 and even €2 freezeouts/KOs were run, but the main was a €25 R/A, so minimum investment (if you actually want to compete) of €50. That's way too much. 

Might be good to have extra resources for ticket exchanges during future series, especially during the last few days. Seems like some players could not play events because they couldn't get their exchanges done in time.

You should have advertised the main events yesterday as a 2-day event.  I did not realize it was a 2 day event until the 18 hour break appeared. Yes I should have read the tourney discription in the lobby , but I had several tables going. Maybe call it 2-day event next time.

Archived