The Odyssey tournament has a weird structure

Endboss

Is it just me or does the Odyssey tournament on Sundays has a weird structure? It's a rebuy tournament with a slow structure where you can rebuy for nearly 3 hours. I thought rebuys were supposed to be fast early for a short period, like an hour.

Seems weird that you can still rebuy nearly 3 hours in and only get less than 10bbs in such a slow structure.

IMO would be better to stop the rebuy period much earlier, say after 9 levels (where 1 rebuy = 25bbs) or make the early rebuy levels much faster.

@Endboss in generally  rebuy/re-entry is available for late reg. period. Not only here  but on other pokerooms too. In most cases on last level  it is 10BB i think. Nothing weird in my opinion :)

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

Ah ok.

But don't most rebuys have a turbo structure during the rebuy period? This one has a slow structure and a  3 hour rebuy period.

I played this tournament yesterday for the first time. I ended up being in for 9 buy-ins (YOLO). Maybe, that's why I didn't like the structure 🤣. Luckily, I cashed and made most of the money back.

Archived