Take Unibet poker to another level

BonusPater

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As other mentioned, the software needs to be fixed to run as smooth as possible. Improve those animations and make them more simple and enjoyable (for people that play with animations). And disconnects that's the ultimate turn off, nothing worst to see you've got disconnected after you 3 bet with Aces. There's no point in attracting new users if they will not stay because of the software.

So fix the software issue and then focus on marketing campaigns and constant cross over promos between the other products.

This is the 1st thing that comes to my mind as feedback, there are lots of good things that Unibet poker does but this is not the topic for them.

• Like 3
Better to be lucky than good.

I have to agree with the software as being the one thing above all the rest that has to be fixed first, the basic product is the one you put in your shop window.

If you opened a shop selling say vacumn cleaners and customers were bringing them back every day for repairs you would soon see a drop off of new sales and bad feedback through word of mouth in this instant media access world. Build a good solid platform first and all the nice extras and goodies can be added as you build up satisfied customers. 

Good luck in the interview @testuser1 and I hope we can help in our own small way. 👍

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@testuser1 wrote:

@startelver, I think you misunderstood the question - sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I'm not implying the poker product has to be changed radically. The question could also have been phrased like this "what is the one thing to change, to help Unibet poker grow".

Well , maybe I did. So we agree the poker product is already at a very good level and only minor adjustments is needed . 

Then to grow you need more players and help from social media like Twitter and Twitch and Unibet ambassadors .  Unibet Open is also a part of this. Not sure how you can do things differently as you already do a good job in my opinion.  

@testuser1

Honestly, the ticket exchange is not just about exchanging tickets, it's more about how Unibet as a company decides to do business with its customers. I think we can agree that the software stability is the W.O.A.T., but this takes money, time and effort to clear this whole mess up. The ticket exchange is something that probably doesn't cost much for Unibet, yet goes a long way in regards to customer happiness and customer retention.

I'm playing here for 2.5 years and I'm not planning to switch, however I've seen a change for the worse over time.

Unibet-Poker-Pomroy-David

I remember when this phrase wasn't just a marketing tool, but still meant something. Especially when you consider how customers are often treated at the competition. I remember when Andrew changed the tickets himself on 2p2. I remember when Unibet then migrated the exchanges to this community. I remember when you had to chain @RayL and @MarcoV to their working desks to go through 3 pages of topics to switch 1 Euro SNGs tickets to 1 Euro boni. Why? To make the Unibet customer happy. By players, for players.

There are a lot of different things that might put some guys off. Some people don't like typos in the client, some people are super serious about having a fold button available, some people don't want disconnections at all, some people care about proper customer service when contacting Unibet. To me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, it's the eliminated ticket exchanges.

There are different types of players, some buy into tournaments directly, some play the qualifiers, some play the very bottom of the qualifiers and some feel comfortable to build up a ticket bankroll first, instead of risking it all. All of those players pay the same rake, the "ticket hoarders" pay even more rake, so why is one type worse than the other? I thought it's by players, for players?

When Unibet automated the ticket exchanges, the writing was clearly on the wall about what's hapenning next, especially since you eliminated all non live event exchanges. And to me, that wasn't that bad, since you don't really need a separate MTT bankroll if you're keeping your stats. Would it be better to have exchangers for online MTTs? Absolutely, but it's not the end of the world. So did the traffic increase? 8 months later, the Supernova still is at 20 K GTD. Are there other tournaments seeing an increase so far? So what did Unibet gain? I stopped playing the MTTs...

However the dumbest mistake was to stop exchanging the UO tour tickets. Maybe a few of you guys reading this are not totally aware of it, but that's where I personally think that incompetence and greed mixed together and the aspect of what's good for the customer totally took a back-seat. Hey we have some customers that come back to us over and over again. Happy customers, that trust us with 100s or even 1000s of Euros in tickets. Let's try to squeeze them, what could go wrong...

That's the point where ticket exchanges are not just about ticket exchanges. For 1 to 1.5 years I was playing the UO50s on a semi-regular level ( :Smile: ), before that I worked myself up from a free tikiet playing the UO2s and the UO10s, getting ahead through the ticket exchanges. As I've shown here on the community, since the elimination of the exchanges, the traffic at the UO50s went south! Sure there's the occasional game with 23, 25 or maybe even 27 guys playing, but most of the time when I check the numbers, the UO50s don't hit the GTD and Unibet has to pay the difference. That was super rare when I was still playing those games, I guess in the early fall, we one time even reached 37 players in a 4 tix game. :Wow:

Honestly, everybody with a triple digit IQ and an interest in those qualifiers could see that coming a mile away. Why? Because half of the UO2000 package goes to cover the hotel and the travel expenses. If you want to travel anyway, if you value the experience itself very much, this is no big deal. However if you are cautious about your bankroll (which I asssume a lot of ticket hoarders are), "losing" 50 % of your value is important. In addition to that I doubt anybody in charge actually looked at the bankrolls of the most active ticket hoarders. My UO bankroll is much bigger than my regular bankroll right now, it simply would be horrific BRM from my part to continue playing the UO50s once my tickets are used up.

Another reg that used to play and stream the UO50s was MaestroTV, I don't see his name pop up anymore. This dude looked like he just finished puberty, do you really think kids like that can afford to pay 50 Euro a few times a week to play? So where is the traffic about to come from? Again what about by players, for players? Now since Unibet is running a business, I could actually understand the moves if Unibet was making a profit off of those changes, but actually you're losing money. Traffic at those games went down below the GTD.

Like I said before, it's about more than just the exchange of a few tikiets, it's about how Unibet decides to treat its customers. That's part of "mastering the fundamentals" as well as providing a stable platform.

• Like 9
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Probably not exactly the one thing that might bring everything together, but since we are listing ways to improve here be they big or small I'd like to add a few things that could/should work better imo.

Re-entries, why are they not counting as entries? The word itself implies they are entries, not rebuys. Fix it to either be rebuy tournaments without an addon, or make them entries so they increase the playerpool and amount of players paid out in those tournaments.

The payout structure, it jumps from 3 players paid, to 6 players paid when it goes from 24->25 entrants in an MTT, doubling the amount of players in the money seems a bit much, adding a step where there are 4 players paid(maybe even another step with 5) would really balance out the % of players ITM, where now it goes from 12.5% at 24 entrants to 24% at 25 entrants. It has quite the big impact on MTT fields in the 20-30 entrants region imo.

Another thing which I really miss are the MTT promotions, since UOS has come out there have been no other MTT promotions. While UOS is great, to get the full rewards from it one needs to play all 84 tournaments, which many Unibet players might not have the bankroll for. And it might be just me, but the full month promotions were a nice test of stamina as well to keep going for a full month and an encouragement to grind more volume. Now the MTT promotion budget might be fully committed to UOS, and if so that is fine, but the other promotions are missed by myself and probably others that would play/grind more if they were to make a reappearance.

Those are some that come to me at this late hour, might edit or add some tomorrow when my brain is more awake ;)

• Like 1

I agree with WuDu. I feel that Unibet rebalanced the things from user friendly behavior to profit in focus one. It's not a problem, because this is a business company, but I miss the gestures like the gift someone from the community promo from the advent calendar which was helt in the past 2 years.

• Like 2

@psrquack wrote:

I agree with WuDu. I feel that Unibet rebalanced the things from user friendly behavior to profit in focus one. It's not a problem, because this is a business company, but I miss the gestures like the gift someone from the community promo from the advent calendar which was helt in the past 2 years.

@psrquack, perhaps @JeppeL has forgotten about that promo, and don't think @RayL knows about it - now they're reminded :)

• Like 1

Publish your live events schedule a year in advance like your competitors.  You have a great tour, but releasing tour dates and venues 1-2 months before the event is not good for the recreational player.  I missed several legs this year and last year due to last minute announcements.

• Like 1

1.I fully agree about the ticket exchange thing,but I also understand it takes a lot of time to do that and exchange all 1 e mtt to 1e sng,and all others,but about the UO ticket exchangers ending I am not happy.I was very motivated to win a package before that and with the exchangers I managed to play 3 finals in a row,went deep twice,did not win but you never give up.now i lost the motivation and only played the ones that were about to expire. I really like Unibet and I am happy to play here instead of the competition ,but the tix exchangers ending was a real bummer. I think the easieast way to make us all happy about this,and not have guys at unibet exchanging tix manually all day would be to just have a programmer write a code so everybody could just convert their tix in points and afterwards from points you can already convert them to whatever you like.

2. The software needs improvements,that's true, it has been discussed before.

3.the sngs are perfect the way they are,don't need to make them 6max or 9max,that would add more time and more variance to them,that's why I love them here and not on other sites.

• Like 1

@Raulescul91 wrote:

1.(...) just have a programmer write a code (...)

3.the sngs are perfect the way they are,don't need to make them 6max or 9max,that would add more time and more variance to them,that's why I love them here and not on other sites.

1. It's not just so simple... But I agree it isn't that complex either. I don't know what the dev capacity at Relax is (they could hire me in 2 months if they wanted :p) 

On the other hand I don't think the reason for removing it was that it used too much time ;) It is rather that they tought it wasn't profitable and good for thesatellite tree (poeple hording tickets keep money out of the flow)

3. They shouldn't change 5 to 6 or 9, but rather add an extra SNG type with a bit more players. As I mentioned. 8 with 3 paid has about the same variance as 5 with 2 paid :)

@sgriff wrote:

Publish your live events schedule a year in advance like your competitors.  You have a great tour, but releasing tour dates and venues 1-2 months before the event is not good for the recreational player.  I missed several legs this year and last year due to last minute announcements.

I also do agree that the Live Event team (mainly the UO team) isn't working to well. UK  tour and Deepstack Open can announce everything (except maybe their last stop) in januari or february the latest... Why is it so hard for the UO team to do the same? It can not be a problem to organise this kind of stuff a year in advance. (Also here, I wouldn't mind if they hired me :p Got some managment skills, altough I'm still a junior)

And finally in reaction to everyone else talking about the kindness of the company being gone? That's (I think) a direction that Unibet/Kindred chose as a whole. I don't think the poker lead can change anything about that :)

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@Raulescul91 wrote:

1.I fully agree about the ticket exchange thing,but I also understand it takes a lot of time to do that and exchange all 1 e mtt to 1e sng,and all others,but about the UO ticket exchangers ending I am not happy.I was very motivated to win a package before that and with the exchangers I managed to play 3 finals in a row,went deep twice,did not win but you never give up.now i lost the motivation and only played the ones that were about to expire. I really like Unibet and I am happy to play here instead of the competition ,but the tix exchangers ending was a real bummer. I think the easieast way to make us all happy about this,and not have guys at unibet exchanging tix manually all day would be to just have a programmer write a code so everybody could just convert their tix in points and afterwards from points you can already convert them to whatever you like.

2. The software needs improvements,that's true, it has been discussed before.

Of course, having your employees do the exchanges themselves wasn't a long term solution, since it basically costs too much. Setting up an exchange in the Unibet shop shouldn't be that complicated, however Unibet's plan was to completely eliminate the exchanges, thus they set up the weird compromise of having exchange tournaments for PR reasons.

"Hey guys, sorry to tell you, but exchanging tickets manually had to be stopped. But don't worry you can now automatically change through tournaments. Yeah, regular MTT tickets, SNG tickets and Bonus money cannot be changed anymore but we're doing that for [ insert PR talking points like "growth reasons", "doing what's best for business", "we're hoping to increase the GTD" yada yada yada]." Then after half a year of automated exchanges and after you softened the PR backlash a little, you then completely eliminate every exchange and extension completely because "[ insert PR talking points like "growth reasons" "doing what's best for business", "we're hoping to increase the GTD" yada yada yada]."

I'm not even mad at the Unibet reps here trying to feed us bull❤️♥️❤️ about that all the time, it's their job and they have to toe the company line. However the idea behind the elimination of those exchanges was always to push the ticket hoarders into using their tickets and then coming back with "fresh" money to continue playing. Which sounds good on paper if you're completely clueless about the guys who play those qualifiers.

Again, I'm not holding a grudge against the UB employees here, however often you get more information by paying attention to the statements they're not making or the questions they're avoiding. One example:

tix.thumb.PNG.6c7bf156a53c6787947eb0c6ee7a0bc2.PNG

tix2.thumb.PNG.786b41cfff60280a9395abed69d2e91f.PNG

I think it says a lot that nobody in charge of that decision at Unibet even entertained the idea that some players might decide to stop participating in those qualfiers due to the lack of exchange possibilities which leads to Unibet now steadily losing money at certain qualifiers. 

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@testuser1 in reference to the previous thread about MTTs

Maybe idea with qualifiers every 1/2h in rush hours is good ...

Now we havent those to 2euro also.

give players the opportunity to enter the higher levels and increase the prize pools  there ...

For me 2euro and 10 euro have poor offer ... i dont know why? :wonder:

All levels should look similar with some differences in hours or smth ..

i know many streamers which give up on Unibet with their challenges on MTTs(even sng's - missing those 9-18seats)... beacuse offer is small (No HUD or prize pools it is no big problem)-  so we dont see there Unibet tables but PP and Stars.Im thinking that focusing on the needs of the recs. players only is a mistake especially in  micros.  Many players starts their challeges on micros , for them isnt a problem play 1e/200GTD 4-5hours if they can play ten MTTs during the session ...  mixing slow/normal with hyper/turbos... 

Maybe somone want  make some deposit 10-20e (for fun) and play some 10e-25e (bigger prizes)... but offer is to poor and no qualifiers  2e for lower buy-ins  and they are afraid to lose all the money in one shoot or two  ... happily they have now route : 0.2->1->5.  

Cashgame/SNGs players also likes play some normal MTTs during a session 

Increase number off MTTs with re-entry(2-3max)... => increase numbers of players => increase number of paid places... 

• Like 1
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

@fish8one Your proposal is not gonna make any difference. I know you think online poker is rigged, but very few share that view - probably about as many as there are people who believe the earth is flat :)

Hand history tests make no difference, if it's the RNG you want to test, and the RNG is being tested by independent third parties.

Could we perhaps stick to the topic instead of the spam? :)

• Like 3

After completing today's mission by playing a couple of Hexapros and being so tilted by some guys who use 100% of their regular timebank 100% of the time PREFLOP, I think I have to copy and paste a thing I originally wrote in the Hexapro discussion, because I think this issues plagues Unibet poker in general. It is literally day and night playing in Stars or Unibet and unfortunately, I do not mean it in a good way for Unibet. Anyway, here's my message: 

Hexapro is hurt by the same problem as the other crazy hyper-turbo tournaments seem to have: the regular time period allocated to every player to make their decision is too long for these kind of tournaments and therefore it needs to be adjusted to a shorter length like it is done in most other poker rooms. I have not yet seen somebody also using their actual timebank in every hand, but some players do seem to use 90% of their regular time 100% of the time, which in these kinds of crazy hyper-turbos means that it takes one level to play one hand. The constant excessive use of one's regular time is especially problematic pre-flop where there is only so much you can think about when playing with under 25bbs.

Naturally, all this tanking makes the playing experience especially unpleasant for newer players, who I imagine aren't playing as many tables or are even one tabling.

" Hand history tests make no difference, if it's the RNG you want to test,.."

So why in many areas they testing any product at all, mr Galilei..??😃

If an equipment can produce food, clothes,drugs, etc..., why they testing (obviously)the end-products, rather than give time to time a re-valuation of the machinery (that it is ok for producing " staff" )

About RNGs : they called Random Number Generator and sold for this porpuse, and CAN produce random numbers...

and tested ALREADY for market sell ...

What is the point to test a simular rng ( not on site nor a "result" of what the site made out of it ), and giving an ok for capable of generating random numbers??

" I know you think online poker is rigged, but very few share that view -.."

That " very few " is the missing ( tens of?) thousands, whos are gone from online poker due to disbelieves and lack of guarantee of fairness..

" Hand history tests make no difference "

I think it would. I meant no spam.🆒 Peace

" I know you think online poker is rigged, but very few share that view -.."

That " very few " is the missing ( tens of?) thousands, whos are gone from online poker due to disbelieves and lack of guarantee of fairness..

@fish8one omg!  what a people :)   can you create new thread for your ideas and suspicions?

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."