Table spectating

Lollero

Would it be possible to add the ability to watch cash game tables without joining them?

Also is there a reason why the biggest stakes are only NL and PLO 400€?

It would be fun to watch some higher stakes games, also offering higher stakes would bring more rake to Unibet.

@Lollero wrote:

Would it be possible to add the ability to watch cash game tables without joining them?

We don't have spectating because it opens a can of worms with third party programs.  There're sites out there that observe every single table on major sites, then record the results.  You can then go and look up your opponent on the site, and in some cases buy their hand histories.  

While ultimately it's very hard or impossible to stop people being able to write a HUD for Unibet (if the info is on the screen, it's possible to store it somewhere if you try hard enough), we can at least make it literally impossible for datamining to work.

@Lollero wrote:

Also is there a reason why the biggest stakes are only NL and PLO 400€?

It would be fun to watch some higher stakes games, also offering higher stakes would bring more rake to Unibet.

We had NL1k on Fridays for a month, but it didn't run enough to make it worthwhile.  I think we'll inevitably add a bigger game, probably NL/PL600, but if we add it we will lose some 400 action, and we run the risk of some of our more valuable players losing faster than they can manage.

I prefer adding NL600 because I don't really want all the PS pro players coming over from NL1k to similar stakes on our site.  That game doesn't count towards PS' loyalty now, so it'd likely move people over.  That'd kill a lot of our NL400 players too, and break the high stakes ecology.

I don't HATE the idea of adding really high stake games and allowing observer mode and making the games invite-only, but I don't know if there's the demand.  Maybe we could sort something out with Viktor Blom there.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

HS cash tables wouldn't be good for Unibet for the reasons Andrew mentioned. 

What might be a good idea though would to have a once a month say Saturday Night Showdown table with one poker celeb taking part that would allow people to view the game.  This means only run the stake for the number of tables the celeb is playing (ideally 1 or 2 max).  Let viewers watch this on Twitch via the client... either in the banner or by clicking the 5-10 stake.

i really love unibet poker's ideea to be able to change your alias at the tables so that everyone could have a fair chance at winning

Fear knocked at the door, Faith answered and nobody was there.

@Sect7G wrote:

What might be a good idea though would to have a once a month say Saturday Night Showdown table with one poker celeb taking part that would allow people to view the game.  This means only run the stake for the number of tables the celeb is playing (ideally 1 or 2 max).  Let viewers watch this on Twitch via the client... either in the banner or by clicking the 5-10 stake.

I think Twitch is better at this than anything built into the client due to the chat.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

Archived