Table balancing

gravedom

Hi,

Im a bit frustated and confused about how table balancing works. Was playing the double trouble today and after 1 hour i was at a table with 8k chips while the other players stacks ranged between 6k and 18k. After i went trough the blinds (2k bb and 1k sb) tables got "balanced" and i got moved at a table in the BB with players with 20k chips and more, except 1 player with 4k chips, the guy on my right had 96k chips. How is this balanced? At least dont put players into the blinds just after they went trough them. Its not fair for a short stack and far from beeing balanced.

• Like 1

Table balancing only balances tables in terms of number of players, not in terms of stack sizes. No site or even live game does balancing based on stack sizes, it's both too complex and very subjective, different people will prefer different stack size configurations in different stages of the tournament, and most intentional stack balances you could think of would have people crying unfair, so they just keep it completely random. 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

This can suck especially in 6 handed tourneys. I was 3rd out of about 32 players remaining and there were 4 of the top 6 on our table of 5 players. The chip lead was huge as well and the first time i went up against him he ran good and it put me off. I was well placed to cash and ended up going completely into my shell. Plenty of food for thought though.

• Like 1

That's not how table balancing works.

On Pokerstars, if there are say 25 players left in a 6 max, then the table that busts the player in 25th will move its players to the 4 other tables, whereas in a live setting, it'll likely be the highest numbered table remaining that moves its players (so if 5 tables left, table 5 will break).  I'm not sure how exactly it works in Unibet but stack sizes are irrelevant.  

• 2 weeks later...

ooooh now i got it... finally got it... i know what table balancing mean. stupid me i would say. so to break it down for those suspicious about it, basically by table balancing they mean chips balancing. when you have too many chips and you are too deep in a tournament that promotes unibet to new commers you are getting your stack balanced so new commers get to win.

what happend this time to make me revive this post is: i was playing one of those 0.01 euro buy-in tournament that started on 13.02.2019 at 15:00 EET if i remember correctly (in the history it shows only hands played after 20:30 idk why) and around 18:10 were 30+ players left, we were ITM, i had 41k chips, pos 11/30 so to make it as fair as possible for all the remaning players, unibet decide that my stack should be equally split to all players and everyone has a fair chance to win some of my chips by moving me from table to table forcing me to play 3BB and 2SB in a row so my stack gets nerfed to 7k chips

GG WP

• 1 year later...

Really weird balancing again???

9 seat tourny and started with 10 players si it would make sense if there were two tables of five players, right? Didn't look how many tables there were but first two minutes i was head up then came third player, then fourth, fifth, about one minute apart. And player amount was 10- 12 the whole time.

tableba.JPG.2453678ea9e975ce424e324b552874a2.JPG

• Like 1