Such a sad weekend for me... shoulda been @ the final table tommorow

Nestabear

So, this is a very sad weekend for me  :robotsad:  ...first have a look at these, then I'll explain

back.png.a4ae34a1a727bd12968b7fa2de1778cd.png

1988648211_3rdinthe550ticketfinal.PNG.68c65f6f20e9f248dd3e44a9c2a2e212.PNG

798797114_550ticketwin.PNG.ad6bb88fa4464dd22685a77f45eb8d95.PNG

426384031_theone.PNG.d7f76f9a5c6186c5a4a2cdfcb4a2f03f.PNG

Capturelokdfdrvdf.thumb.PNG.afae9b6ddc8b1b55886c05735b4556e5.PNG

so now all I need is a ticket and visa and were all set right... wrong. I got held up @ gunpoint and was robbed of my car... which had my I.D. document, Passport and some cash. No worries, I go to get a new passport & the power was off for a whole day at home affairs. Then on day 2, the power was off for half the day & their system down for the other half. Yeah, I know South Africa Sux.  Managed to get all that sorted & got a temp I.D. & crisp new passport, but of coarse it had to be a public holiday so everyone could vote ( it's not who votes that counts, its who counts the votes over here ) & the Romanian embassy was not available. So here I'm stuck with everything in place for me to go and win this thing... enrty ticket to the Main Event worth 550 Euro, accommadation & transfers, ticket........ but no visa. But no worries. I did it once I'll do it again. Next time I'll just make sure to win one with flights and accommodation...   LOL 

Thanx for letting me vent

See you at the tables you all !!!

Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

Dang, that's terrible luck man. Where in South Africa where you robbed at gunpoint? & Were they able to get your car back?

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

@Nestabear wrote:

Are you in Canada ?

Yes, I'm in Canada. British Columbia. A lot of professional poker players have moved here to grind.

I debate

Next year ??? But there is still half a year left.  I plan on taking at least 2, maybe 3 major tounaments this year... live or online, I'm not fussy   LOL

Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

@startelver wrote:

Johannesburg sounds like a dangerous place to live.  Never experienced anything like that . Maybe you can sell the prize to someone else?

Would be hard now, says Aug.1-7th. the tournament is probably past the half way mark.

I debate

NestaBear I am sorry to hear about your terrible luck.  Keep your chin up and as you said you can do it again by winning a package to another Live event.  GL and be fortunate for your health... it could have been worse.

Archived