Sick session of bad beats :(((

GotWhatItTakes

Normally I can handle bad beats quite well.

The the last hour was hard though. 

I lost so many preflop allins in a row I was always a huge favourite, but the board always was a disaster.

Here are some examples what happened in the last few games (sitngos):

AA vs KTo - Board KTxxx - KT wins

AQ vs Q3 - Board 3xxxx

66 vs 22 - Board KKQQ2

KK vs 2J Flop QJ5 - the opponent goes all in, I call -> River J

AJ vs A2 - Board 2xxxx

A9 vs A2 - Board Axx2x

AQ vs A4 - 4xxQ - River A4 makes a Flush

Exept the KK vs J2 hand every hand went all in before the flop. 

I m in a really bad mood now, lost nearly 300 € and need to deposit now after cashing out a few days ago. But maybe that is what Unibet wants me to do :smileymad:

What do you guys do to get over such sessions? 

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

The secret to longevity in poker is to treat each session on its own.  You're not as great as you seem when you just win a big MTT or crush your opponents in cash games and you're not as bad as you feel after getting wrecked.  The luck aspect is something that seems to only be considered when you're on the wrong side of things.

Drop one stake and keep grinding.  Then when you stop second guessing yourself.... as badluck often can make you do, move back up stakes. 

GL and this will be your first and last bad beat response :)

I m playing 25€ Sit&Go´s. 5 Player and 2 Player-ones. What games do you play?

I m not really busto, I just dont let big amounts of money in my account (after what happened to FullTilt :smileylol: ). My bankroll is on skrill, so whenever I need more money I desposit from skrill to unibet in a few seconds. 

Thanks for your response, that was kind of an eye opener for me. My mood increased drastically and today is the day! Germany vs France! LETS GO

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

The last hour?!!

I've just gone through a week to 10 days where I couldn't win a thing, barely a hand never mind a game.
The worst is as Sect7G says now things have improved but I'm still playing as if every hand will be a failure, we just have to put it behind us and move on.

Onwards and Upwards!!

Just call me Mrs Kings :-)

Playing 25euro sng'os with a 300 euro roll is a pretty bad idea imo. I think you should have atleast 50 buy ins at the the stake when playin HU sngos because the variance can have you lose like 4-5 buyins in a row with ease and in your case that would be like 30% of your roll :smileywink:

My advice is figure out if you're actually a winning player long term at the lower stakes with a normal BR - if you are then move up when your bankroll can take it, if you're still losing then you have to look into your game, go watch some sng training videos or something.

I'm playing cash on some other sites and some sngos and mtts on Unibet here and there.

is very simple as it is : bankroll management

when you play sng you must take them from the lowest stake up to whatever.

if you want to take it serious you have to take it step by step , but as you asked what i would in your case during those periods you should know that each session is different than other.

me for example when this kind of period comes i broke my keyboard and my mouse and after that i take a breack :) . is really important to stop playing when tilt or emotion starts to take your mind

then i am going to shop to buy new mouse and keyboard :)

i never ever broke my bankroll management and i feel comfortable with the games so 300 to split some 25 euro sng s is not enough 

p.s. but when i loose with AA during sng promotion i am really happy : i had 2 days in row strugulling to loose and i couln't 

I think the scale of variance that is possible is a difficult thing for us as humans to fully comprehend. I would recommend the book "Fooled by Randomness" by Nassim Nicholas Taleb to all poker players (and to all non-poker players too actually) if you want to further your understanding of variance. As  mentioned, you're never as great as you seem after an MTT win, and never as bad as you seem when on a terrible run. It's not just poker players who suffer from this, it's applicable to pretty much everyone as variance is everywhere in life.

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Yeah, I did cash out before, doomswitch activated :smileylol:

I had really big stacks, that is why is was mad. Probably around 15-25bb deep. The allins was mainly for a huuuuuge chiplead in 5handed SNG or for the win in Heads UP SNG. 

Anyway,  I m over it now and back at the tables (still running bad though :smileymad:) :smileyhappy:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

What makes a run of bad luck even worse is it can often affect your play.  Oftentimes during a bad run you start to play more cautiously when you're taking the lead in the hand yet will call of bets from your opponents.

Say you are 90% sure you have the best of it on the turn and you've taken the lead on the hand preflop yet there's a flush draw out there.  Sadly during a run of bad luck you might find yourself checking or making a much smaller bet then what optimal play would call for.  Another common example would be playing with AK.  You raise from the button and a blind 3-bets you.  Depending on villain the right play very well be to jam.... but when things are going bad you see 22 in his hand and a very small flop as nearly a sure thing... so you just call his 3 bet and the flop comes JT4... and now you're just positive that he must have KJ.

The point is running bad gives players the case of MUBS.  Monsters Under the Bed Syndrome.  This is when all you see is scenarios when you're destined to lose.  This causes self doubt and in poker self doubt is like a cancer that will spread and consume you.  

Bad beats are part of the game, but how we handle them determine if we will be profitable in the long run. It's best to have a coping method to handle bad beats. Something as simple as meditating, taking a walk, or listening to soothing music. Anything to take your focus away from poker from the day, so you can start your next session fresh.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Bad luck hits me now big big time. Yesterday i played to MTTs, 4 euros bounty and regular. On the normal one i was near to ITM, even w some bad hand. When i had TT in hands, the board was surely w A and K, so on. But for the last 30 minutes my best hand was K7 and 22. Antes ate my stack.

Than i played this bounty, i just registered (late), i stole some chips, than this happened. My last hand for a long time im really sure about. It was just so unbelieveable session last night. What is this? :( And they say poker is a skill game? (when i dont have bad luck i say the same hehe)

After this loss i was thinking what should i do. But i guess if i go all-in after the flop, he calls it w two pair... 

, that is just bad luck. You didnt do anything wrong, you was supposed to lose that hand. Of course he will call if you go all in on the flop. Such cooler happen from time to time and I think they make the game great. I guess, if the best hand would always win it will be boring. 

Don´t be nervous when waiting for good hands, just be patience and you will be rewarded with a nice pair of Aces. :smileywink:

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Last night i was very upset, and like i lost the fighting spirit :smileylol: I felt like ahh, even i have AA i loose the hand (i lost w KK preflop all-in against JJ). Anyway, need a break, hopefully these bad days are over when i get back. 

Congrats on the win!

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Yup its stnd. I got sick bad beats in the 2 weeks. Unibet <3 

Now i start day sesion on nl4 (ye i must go from nl25)... and i got two pairs vs set and best KK vs AA (BB vs SB) deep within 20minuts.  lol ofc + tilt and we have relly good swing ;)

Soooo, good luck. 

Archived