Shooting star to Falling star (the experiment didn't work)

aurorAArgyle

• I feel it's time to raise this point, firstly I think the falling star format works fine 5 euro+, but why turn all 3 1euro shooting stars into the falling star format?? The majority of recs that play 1 euro tournaments don't want or need a deep, drawn out structure, plus the regs that usually play higher buy ins who might flick it in for fun have been discouraged by the age it takes, couple this with the new payout structure... oh great I've made the money...yipee! Oh wait I need to ladder 16 spots to break even, it doesn't work and people are voting with there feet, you've had to reduce a lot of guarantees in these tounaments lately. Please think about this

In omaha shooting star (12;35CET) format was also changed with longer blinds and bigger starting stacks.

Played two heads up day to day and both were so excrustiating long that first one i lose due too being tired and 2nd one i won and im pretty sure it was because the rival was tired seeing mistakes he had. Long heads up for first place where the stake is just 3euro its not the best idea. Usually the situation is two last players are with stacks like 100k and 50k and with 6min blinds we are playing with 1000-2000 blinds. Ridiculous.

There is this 0.65e deep Omaha mtt at the evening and at the beginning its fine and all, you have big stacks its hard to be eliminated, but when the FT happens you can play 1 hour until 1 person will be eliminated cause stacks are so big. Again, with rewards jumping from 1 to 1.50e its really hard to play them.

Same thing apply to holdem falling star. Stacks are even bigger and blinds longer. Its fine to play deep at beginning but the blinds NEEDS to catch up at some point.

Solution is pretty easy. Shorter, 5min blinds after 1-1.5h.

On other hand with 1eMTT with have deep stacks. long blinds with rather low value and now i was playing this big value anniversary 5e tournament and blinds are 5min with stacks 3000. Virtually every orbit there was bigger blinds. Its supposed to be backwards. Low value tournament quick, fast, hyper and those big value long and deep.

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

Archived