Ridiculous rake

Naniel_Degreanu

Why is some of the rake on this site so high?

On some games it is perfectly reasonable and better than pokerstars (which is the site I want to switch some of my volume from) but most of the 10€ games are €1+ €9 which is simply ridiculous! I've had a €10 ticket for nearly two weeks, just because there has never been a reasonably raked game to play when I've had a chance to log in!

It's insane to charge that much on any game!

The maximum should be €1 on an €11 buy in for example. How can you expect anybody to switch to playing your MTT's if your prices are extortionate in comparision to other sites? I'd also like to try to qualify for live events here in the UK, but can't take the €10 route because it's silly to take a deal where I would be worse off!

I can't be the only player that is annoyed by this and it might seem like not many people care, but they will just look at what is on offer and decide not to play.

Please change this as a matter of urgency, so that people can reccomend your site with genuinely valid reasons to do so.

Thanks for reading my rant and I look forward to hearing other's thoughts on this subject.

If you want to play the Supernova then €25 has better rake structue (23,50+1,50). There are qualifier levels where rake are more than usually and unfortunately your tickets level is one of them. When we are speeking about Supernova qualifiers the €5 flip has very friendly rake structrure (4.90+0.10) but that tourney is a flip, so moderate chance for the ticket.

@Naniel_Degreanu wrote:

Hi, yes thank you; I am aware of that. When I log in, there are lots of €10 games running, but only the 9+1 games (Also I don't like progressive bounty tournaments) for example I would like to play a 10 satellite to the supernova and this has the silly rake.

Picture/Video or it didn't happen. :wonder:

@Naniel_Degreanu wrote:

Haha very funny!

That was not my intention to pretend it was A €9 fee; (although it would've been, if I had thought of that.)

You are right, 10% is normal! This rake is 11.1%.

Buy-in 10eu = 9+1 = 1 is the rake = 10%

10/100 = 0.10 x 10 = 1

How you come up with 11.1% i don't get it. :wonder:

I don;t get wtf is this, are you a jokestars employee or a troll, either way i feel like this discussion is one way and pointless.

@Naniel_Degreanu  strange post.  Do you write similar on other sites? This rake in tournaments is standard on most sites? This also applies to satellites. Don't compare satellites to stars because there is a difference between them. Here you have tickets that you can use whenever you want. The situation looks similar or identical on many other pages. Tell me what's 'ridiculous' about it.?

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

Pokerstars is terrible, their rake is too high also; on low stakes.

I mostly play on Partypoker because they are doing things the right way.

I don't see how it's a strange post... I'm just pointing out, that if the rake was reduced to a more reasonable level: people who take the game seriously would be more likely to reccomend and play on the site, thus increasing overall traffic.

• Like 1

@Naniel_Degreanu wrote:

I'm trying to push for a better deal for everyone here.

tenor

giphy

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@Naniel_Degreanu wrote:

In my opinion it's absolutely RIDICULOUS to rake a flip tournament, as there is no skill edge!

I can accept that but on the other hand those flips have overlay many times due to the 1 ticket guaranteed structure. If they would be rakefee then they shouldn't offer a guaranteed ticket in my opinion.