Ridiculous Stalling in UOS

Endboss

I played,almost,all Nano and Low ones,and to be honest didn't had this "problem" till yesterday.I guess Saturday and Sunday are a fun days. 😃

I cant see this as a problem.Yes,there will always be "one" that will try to shut down the action and get into the money,even 30-40 places far.When two of those kind are at your table,then "problem" is even bigger.
I guess 35% is placed due to give players that are bad/new/solid something in return if they fail to reach the money,or go further.And I am fine with that,and backing this up.
Thinking time/bank time is also fine,IMO.I dont like where Pokerstars went with this! You can play your cards,use your time however you want.Also,how can you measure which player need less,which more,time for thinking?

If we are taking this as a problem,then what is about good/better players that are splasing chips,and going way below their lines in Nanos,just beacuse they need to play those for a better overall standing.
I am finding this as a bigger problem,and a bad experience for a new players,than some "time waste" here and there!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are now LOTS of people that do it and as it’s been mentioned it’s just anti-poker. I’ve seen it at all levels and without fail you can guarantee if you are on that 35% border it will happen. And will continue right the way through til each hand for hand stage. 

In my opinion EVERY player should get points for entering an event based on buyin - encourage people to play every event.

Points rise from when you cash.

Time bank should be longer but once it’s used it’s gone. Replenishes every break or whatever. Would make satellites interesting too if people couldn’t strategically time bank!

• Like 2

@XY wrote

If we are taking this as a problem,then what is about good/better players that are splasing chips,and going way below their lines in Nanos,just beacuse they need to play those for a better overall standing.

I am finding this as a bigger problem,and a bad experience for a new players,than some "time waste" here and there!

There’s an interesting discussion to be had with this. I’m actually leaning towards it would Be better to scrap overall leaderboard and use the prize money to pay more money and  extra places on the individual boards. But this might affect gaurentees. 

• Like 1

@MetalWolf wrote:

There’s an interesting discussion to be had with this. I’m actually leaning towards it would Be better to scrap overall leaderboard and use the prize money to pay more money and  extra places on the individual boards. But this might affect gaurentees. 

Or adding,instead overall,leaderboards such as:most KOs,best ROI from a single tournament,etc.

If I am not mistaken,two series ago an live package was on the top.

I liked that. 😃

• Like 1

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

The difference is in etiquette, just because you can do something to other people, doesn't mean that it's okay or that they can't judge you or say that you're a prk.

This is not about feelings and definetely not about "doing something to other people". We are all adults voluntarily playing an artificial game on a sand box provided and ruled by a third party. Thus, we all have agreed upon the same rules. Stalling is not comparable to attacking random people on the streets.

You are proposing rules within rules. How and by who would these ethical rules would be codified and communicated to all players? You form a commitee here on the community and everytime someone - who might not even be reading these forums - breaks your own rules within the rules you plead the staff to punish them?? What about when there will rise a heterodoxy to your moral codes?

Where do you even draw the line? How is it any different to start whining about pushing over limpers when you're a short stack? I've read there are live games populated by grannies who band up against the evildoers if they play anything else than limp-check-check.

You are literally (at least wanting to) bullying other players while blaming them doing the same. You are like kindergardeners forming a mob on the playing field.

And I will give the absolutely and totally effective solution to stalling:

Remove tournament clock and the problem is solved. Levels have duration measured in deals and all deals are synchronized. When everyone plays the same amount of hands there is no more profit in stalling.

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@Nospheratu It's as @FeelsBadMan says, a matter of etiquette wether something is right or wrong.

Incorrect. It is only a matter of the rules formed and governed by Unibet, and given to every customer. How can you seriously say some variation in playing style is wrong when the person doing it might not have never read you moral code nor interpretion of the rules? Only a small minority frequents these forums. Where is this ethical codex accessible you require everyone to be familiar with and abide to?

I always thought the cash game sitouters just instaquit the software after busting while not realizing they were still in active rebuy mode. I never considered it being deliberate harassing, more like not thinking or steaming. Maybe you take things too personally and emotionally? But you're right there should be better balancing algorithm in cash games, so there wouldn't be two sitouts in one table.

@EatMoreNaga crying-gif

Time bank reform is still necessary...

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

This thing about warning and excluding players who stall is the most ridicilous thing I have ever heard.

Simply fix the god damn system. The end of the story.

I give you a hint I have given before:

1) fix the time bank
2) remove (or minimize) the incentive for stalling (by fixing the point formula)

The 'morals' should be in the system and not in the players head. You cannot warn nor stop players to do whatever is smart for them to do.

Stallers won the leaderboard. You unibet have all the data to investigate that statement and react accordingly. If you care. If I am wrong with that statement I hope you then prove me wrong. By showing the numbers.

I still love the UOS and I wish the members in charge would be open to change it for even better. Unfortunately, I do not quite get the feeling that Unibet listens their players the way they claim in their slogans.

PS: If that time bank fixing is an overwhelmingly complex task, as you made it sound, why not to remove the time bank altogether for preflop decisions where you have nothing but the ante invested in the pot. This effectively removes the possibilities for stalling while not reducing the time to think about meaningful decisions.

• Like 1

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

@Elukka12is right in this case. It's not a question of a bot, but purely a player trying to get the most value. Two things:

1. I've requested a report on this sort of behavior, and we might send out warnings depending on what this report shows

2. Timebank improvements is on our backlog, but we haven't been able to prioritize it yet because of the bugs. I strongly agree that improvements in this area are critical and I can assure you we'll dedicate resources to it as soon as it's possible.

@Stubbe-Unibet 

Could you ask Hollie here to go f him/herself for running clock down, sitting out, running clock, sitting out etc?

holl.jpg.d533b5990e1683d035e4ea72e2de6b6f.jpg