Ridiculous Stalling in UOS

Endboss

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a player with the nickname eatinUalive who is constantly stalling - max time banking every hand in tournaments - for no reason. I've come across him in at least two UOS events where he time banked every hand nowhere near the money. It's really annoying and slows down the game so much. Can you please tell him to stop this scummy behaviour.

:waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall::waterfall:

1. There are not enough brain surgeons available to fix the timebank.

2. All the carpenters are busy with table design and can't fix the points system.

3. No one cares.

• Like 1
vixere * 18.7k hands
VPIP 45% | RFI 40% | 3B 21%
steal 100% | RaiseSBlimp 100%

@Endboss wrote:

How so?

... and way into the points.

That's your answer BTW - stalling generates more points (with absolutely no risk) as players are knocked out on other tables and points make prizes.

• Like 1
vixere * 18.7k hands
VPIP 45% | RFI 40% | 3B 21%
steal 100% | RaiseSBlimp 100%

Yeah, I get that. But it's probably bad strategy anyway, because you get the most points by going deep and playing fewer hands reduces your chances of that.

I'm ok with some stalling (I do it myself). If you are short on the bubble, for example, and people are stalling on other tables you are forced to stall yourself.

But what this guy was doing was ridiculous and far worse than any other stalling I've come across on Unibet. With 100 players left in a 200 player field he was hitting the time bank button and runnig it down to zero on every hand. That's just taking the piss.

• Like 1

He is far from the only one who is doing that @Endboss , I havent taken notes on the names but its been a big problem in many of the uos mtts. Its detremental for the game and also very uncomferteble bcs the medium and short stacks gets very few opportunitues to chip up while  the big stacks that can steal very wide so it creates an opportunity for cheaters to collude aswell, while disguisted as leaderboard tanking😞

• Like 2

The timebank is the amount of time decided that people should be able to think about their move so whether someone uses it to pick the nose or go grab a soda instead is irrelevant; the time is theirs. They aren't using too much but rather it's the majority of people who choose to use too little there's a distinct difference between the two.

Thinking time is perfectly fine if that's what your doing.......thinking. Running the clock down on every hand when you know you are going to fold is not thinking..............it's stalling. There is a distinct difference between the two. :sad:

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

Thinking time is perfectly fine if that's what your doing.......thinking. Running the clock down on every hand when you know you are going to fold is not thinking..............it's stalling. There is a distinct difference between the two. :sad:

No there is no such distinction. Either you are given time or you aren't there's no inbetween "sometimes" based on someone elses arbitrary decision. All that person has to do is claim he needed the time and you have absolutely no case what so ever to prove him otherwise.

The difference is in etiquette, just because you can do something to other people, doesn't mean that it's okay or that they can't judge you or say that you're a prk. That being said, the problem is not with the stallers, they are doing what is most likely most profitable in the current situation, props to them for figuring it out, the problem is only with how the leaderboard and the formulas are structured (and the timebank system). I've mentioned this problem since UOS1 but clearly a system that encourages 50 people to max latereg and then timebank every single hand until the end is not something that needs any changing. Of course I could do that too to do well in the leaderboard but that's just not fun, also it's probably more profitable than the leaderboards themselves to play out the tournaments for someone that has a large edge over the field. I've done it once (with significantly less timebanking), felt like a waste, got a very good position with almost no results and pretty much busting  the first hand I played almost every time, so proved that the formula is broken, and shared my findings with unibet. *crickets*  

• Like 2

@Nospheratu wrote:

So X waits to the last second for every hand and some Unibet committee intervenes to argue him whether he truly needed his time or not isn't it obvious that the notion is completely r-tarded:waterfall:

If someone is waiting till the last second in every hand, there's no discussing whether or not the person needs the time. I can't really follow your logic tbh, and don't see an issue in trying to make the game enjoyable to everyone until there's technical solution in place.

Again, it's perfectly fine to take your time and occasional stalling is no issue at all. However, when it's every hand to the last second, it's a completely different case. You're not seriously trying to argue that anyone needs every single second in every single hand? 

• Like 1

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

Well i agree that it's bad etiquette but ultimately it is the  game mechanics that should change if anything not exist in an ineffective state and then changed with ad hoc quickfixes. Decide how much time should be alloted to the point where the persons intentions don't even matter and the issue dissappears immediately.

@Nospheratu It's as @FeelsBadMan says, a matter of etiquette wether something is right or wrong. It's similar on the cash tables, a wild loose player busts out and then sits there with no money, blocking a seat with no intention of rejoining the game, even worse when two do it and I've even seen three busted players all sit there for the seven or eight minutes till the game kicks them out and we play 3 or 4 handed for that period. I think they should be given the same time as in a rebuy tourney, say 30 or 40 secs to continue the game or lose their seat, freeing it up for others. Rightly or wrongly, tactics or not, it does spoil the game and as @Stubbe-Unibet says it needs looking into. 

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

For the next UOS two things need to be done:

1) fix the time bank (= make it a bank lol)
2) get rid of the top 35% rule

Either everybody makes points or only players in the money make points - either system is better than the artificial 35% rule. What makes or breaks your leaderboard is the times you make it to top 35%, not whether you win a tournament or two. The current system is way too play-it-safe-to-make-it-top-35% friendly and most top dogs on the leaderboard play the series this way. Antipoker at its purest.

• Like 4

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

@Nospheratu wrote:

So X waits to the last second for every hand and some Unibet committee intervenes to argue him whether he truly needed his time or not isn't it obvious that the notion is completely r-tarded:waterfall:

If someone is waiting till the last second in every hand, there's no discussing whether or not the person needs the time. I can't really follow your logic tbh, and don't see an issue in trying to make the game enjoyable to everyone until there's technical solution in place.

Again, it's perfectly fine to take your time and occasional stalling is no issue at all. However, when it's every hand to the last second, it's a completely different case. You're not seriously trying to argue that anyone needs every single second in every single hand? 

How can you make the call who needs it and who doesn't? Since it's an unprovable issue by it's ver

It says i ran out of time to edit the message. What i was saying is that it's an unprovable and opinionated issue at it's core so you can never really make a fair call and as soon as the person feels he has been treated unjustly it becomes a fact that he has. It's not on me to prove that someone needs X seconds from his timebank the burden of proof falls on the one who claims that he doesn't.

The solution is for the timebank to be at a duration that people feel is OK to begin with as opposed to one wich evokes dissection and speculation when someone wants to make use of it. 

Maybe the points system needs fixing. But regardless of the system people who excessively stall should be warned and, if they don't stop it, punished.

If someone is hitting the time bank button and running down not just the clock but his time bank and then auto sitting out literally every hand give the player a warning. If they keep doing it just exclude them from the promotion.

It is just a small number of people who are doing it. But it's incredibly annoying and as @triceraatopp said it hurts the other players's chances at the table.

I don't think Unibet will change the points system to award only players who make it in the money. They probably want to spread the points wider to award points to more players to encourage more people to play the events. It's a promotion after all.

Gl to everyone today. Maybe you will get lucky and get a chance to slowroll one of the effing stallers 😀

• Like 3

@Nospheratu wrote:

It says i ran out of time to edit the message. What i was saying is that it's an unprovable and opinionated issue at it's core so you can never really make a fair call and as soon as the person feels he has been treated unjustly it becomes a fact that he has. It's not on me to prove that someone needs X seconds from his timebank the burden of proof falls on the one who claims that he doesn't.

The solution is for the timebank to be at a duration that people feel is OK to begin with as opposed to one wich evokes dissection and speculation when someone wants to make use of it. 

We can warn and exclude players if they're having a negative impact on the game. It simply doesn't matter if the customer would say he/she needed to make use of every second of the timebank in every single hand. Unjustly? No, as I've said above, it'd have to be extreme cases for us to take any action, and if we were to take any action, we would warn the players first.

The long-term solution is changes to the timebank, yes. 

As this UOS is almost over and we'll have time to look at the points formula and possibly have some work done on the timebank for the next UOS, it's possible that no action will be taken at all :)

• Like 4

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions