cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rank 15
Rank 15

@Karl wrote:

No....but what I see is that this user is hijacking a gesture used by terrorists before they blow up, and also using a Arab avartar.

But where I'm touchy about it is the fact that why is this user using the term " AllahAKbar69 as a player name, when clearly the AllahAkbar is often heard before a terrorist act or heard between members of the islam community discussions.

 


'Allahu Akbar' was...
the national anthem of Libya from 1969 to 2011.
a 1977 Indian Malayalam film,
a song written by Lounès Matoub.
"Allah U Akbar" was a song by Brand Nubian from their 1993 album 'In God We Trust'.

While the phrase may well be shouted by suicide bombers prior to their deaths, it's roughly equivalent to a Christian saying "Hallelujah" or "Godspeed". The Takbir is featured in all obligatory Muslim prayers. Even football commentators will use it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takbir

0 Likes
Reply
Highlighted
Rank 11
Rank 11

one guy plays with the name gestapo1989.

Its the official secret police of Nazi Germany. A very inappropriate name, imho.

 

0 Likes
Reply
Highlighted
Rank 10
Rank 10

@ArtyMcFlyI understand you totally. It's just I hate the word being used out of context/hijacked even when trying to be funny. It's a shame that a word has many meanings that it is bound to be offessive to some people.

Okay...back to playing poker

0 Likes
Reply
Highlighted
Rank 18
Rank 18

 

 


@Karl wrote:

 

But where I'm touchy about it is the fact that why is this user using the term " AllahAKbar69 as a player name, when clearly the AllahAkbar is often heard before a terrorist act or heard between members of the islam community discussions.

To me it is, if more people say the same as I do, then it is only right that it should be removed ?

Now i see where your coming from and your absolutely right. It's a disgrace, these people should barred or worse.

There's also a lot of avatars from the village people. I saw a guy using the indian head gear avatar from the village people  with the alias "brian". Clearly a gay name and mocking the rest of us. How can they allow it ?

Then there is all the Romanians @AndreiBN and @@AdrianN_MP. It's not bad enough they come over and take our jobs and money, now they are doing it sitting on their asses back home. We dont even know what their alias means cos its not even proper english. Whats all that about ?

Worse still is a lot of avatars are of women and get this,some of them playing are actually women. Poker has always been a mans game. A few years ago we gave em a vote and now look what happens. I hope when trump gets in this will all change.

Now, i can just about live with the muslims, gays, romanians and women but what i dont get is them northerners type like @ChapInAChair and @jonny2192 with their shell suit avatars.You cant understand a bloody word they say when you meet em at a live event.They should be kept in caged enclosures, and remain incarcerated until they fully grasp the English language.

Merry Xmas and a happy new year

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

 


Reply
Highlighted
Rank 23
Rank 23

@pirahn

eh by eck. Smile

You didnt say that when you viseted Manchester and needed fresh clothes. 

Quite happy to lend my shell suit under crackers,socks and suit then Smile

 

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.
Reply
Highlighted
Rank 18
Rank 18

@jonny2192 wrote:

@pirahn

eh by eck. Smile

You didnt say that when you viseted Manchester and needed fresh clothes. 

Quite happy to lend my shell suit under crackers,socks and suit then Smile

 When your mrs said "bring back an indian", i dont think she meant me


 

Reply
Highlighted
Rank 16
Rank 16

@Karl wrote:

@ArtyMcFlyI understand you totally. It's just I hate the word being used out of context/hijacked even when trying to be funny. It's a shame that a word has many meanings that it is bound to be offessive to some people.

Okay...back to playing poker


This is where we come full circle and the issue isn't that the expression is offensive but that you choose to be offended by it. Two quite different animals.

It could quite easily be a Muslim player* using the alias in a very straightforward 'as intended' way.

*Before anybody chips in with the 'Muslims are forbidden to play' argument I'll save everybody's time by pointing out that we all do things we're not supposed to, except win at showdown with JJ.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope
Reply
Highlighted
Rank 16
Rank 16

@pirahn wrote:

 


Now i see where your coming from and your absolutely right. It's a disgrace, these people should barred or worse.

There's also a lot of avatars from the village people. I saw a guy using the indian head gear avatar from the village people  with the alias "brian". Clearly a gay name and mocking the rest of us. How can they allow it ?

Then there is all the Romanians @AndreiBN and @@AdrianN_MP. It's not bad enough they come over and take our jobs and money, now they are doing it sitting on their asses back home. We dont even know what their alias means cos its not even proper english. Whats all that about ?

Worse still is a lot of avatars are of women and get this,some of them playing are actually women. Poker has always been a mans game. A few years ago we gave em a vote and now look what happens. I hope when trump gets in this will all change.

Now, i can just about live with the muslims, gays, romanians and women but what i dont get is them northerners type like @ChapInAChair and @jonny2192 with their shell suit avatars.You cant understand a bloody word they say when you meet em at a live event.They should be kept in caged enclosures, and remain incarcerated until they fully grasp the English language.

Merry Xmas and a happy new year



Now come on @pirahn, I don't think it's the place of a brown gentleman to offer opinions on racial or regional stereotyping when there are plenty of white men around to properly explain exactly how things should be. Cheeky

Formerly known as StartlingGrope
Reply
Highlighted
Rank 23
Rank 23



Now come on @pirahn, I don't think it's the place of a brown gentleman to offer opinions on racial or regional stereotyping when there are plenty of white men around to properly explain exactly how things should be. Cheeky


@ChapInAChair I take extreme offense at using the term "gentleman" in anyway related to @pirahn Hes anything but. Smile

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.
Reply
Highlighted
Rank 16
Rank 16

You're correct. I hereby withdraw my inflammatory accusation and apologise profusely for my use of the 'G' word.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope
Reply