cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rank 22
Rank 22

@PokerAndBetting wrote:

White heterosexual males as me (and maybe you) has rarely any problems with this but every one else suffers from bigotry, racism , patriarchy etc on a daily basis. So I genuinely think that should be avoided here.

Aids Skrillex is that you?

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"
0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 25
Rank 25

@WuDu The guy in the vid is 100% correct.

Thanks for linking. I'm going to use this line when someone says racism doesn't exsist 'YOURE A WHITE MALE'

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way
0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 16
Rank 16

The same guy (presumably) turned up tonight at the €10 bounty at 9pm as RacistNiger so I'm guessing that will have to go on the endless list of filtered words too.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope
0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 16
Rank 16

@PokerAndBetting wrote:

@StartlingGrope wrote:

I genuinely think that being offended by any username says as much about your own character as the person with the problematic alias. I'd happily have no censorship whatsoever. That said, I have been known to boundary push my aliases from time to time so I may be biased.

White heterosexual males as me (and maybe you) has rarely any problems with this but every one else suffers from bigotry, racism , patriarchy etc on a daily basis. So I genuinely think that should be avoided here.

While I think it's important to reflect on white, male, heterosexual privilege I think the issue here is more about censorship and what you seek to gain by implementing it. There are so many different combinations to make the word of your choice that it's effectively a pointless exercise. It just becomes a game of cat and mouse as the offender picks another similar name. Most of them - just like most insults - are predictably dull anyway.

Perhaps the solution is to issue five pre-approved names that they're not allowed to change. One warning for crossing the line and then restrictions on aliases if it happens again.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope
Highlighted
Rank 17
Rank 17

It's indeed a game of cat and mouse but eventually, in about 50 years, the filter will be perfected and we all can sleep well at night...except for the ones struggling to come up with an offensive alias.  Cheeky

The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.
-Eldridge Cleaver
Highlighted
Rank 20
Rank 20
Highlighted
Rank 18
Rank 18

Agree with @ChapInAChair on how to handle this. Creating a blacklist must become a full time job. What about offensive words in different languages etc. It becomes a challenge and a mission for those wanting to offend. We could get creative on their asses. If its a homophobic alias we could assign them aliases such as "peter tatchell" or "ilovec..k", Any suggestions ?

Highlighted
Rank 10
Rank 10

Well, I'm dissapointed. Scrolled through the thread and none of my aliases are here. I have really clever ones, at least until they ban "beach, bitsh, but, h8, fu, fyou, fyall, sak, suk, sukc, dump, stjupid, sh1". But if you ban that, please ban also all the 'fish', 'newb' aliases, all 'hunters', 'killers', etc.

If you need any more ideas, let me know. I'm glad to ban anything and everything except Iamhappy, Iloveyou, sunshine99 and unibet1323. But don't forget to ban 'unibut'.That's offensive to everyone...

Highlighted
Rank 22
Rank 22

@Hammerfalls wrote:

Well, I'm dissapointed. Scrolled through the thread and none of my aliases are here. I have really clever ones, at least until they ban "beach, bitsh, but, h8, fu, fyou, fyall, sak, suk, sukc, dump, stjupid, sh1". But if you ban that, please ban also all the 'fish', 'newb' aliases, all 'hunters', 'killers', etc.

If you need any more ideas, let me know. I'm glad to ban anything and everything except Iamhappy, Iloveyou, sunshine99 and unibet1323. But don't forget to ban 'unibut'.That's offensive to everyone...

@Hammerfalls

How dare you not ban Iamhappy, what a microaggression towards the sad people! How can you be so intolerant towards the unloved and people without relatives and a partner to even think about allowing Iloveyou? Sunshine99? Are you out of your mind? You better check your privilege and stop being so scandinaviphobic during the winter months. I demand randomly, computer-generated numbers.

Reminds me of one of my favorite South Park episodes:ODyL5RP.png

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"
0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 25
Rank 25

Alias with profanity usually show lack of creativity. Plus it's a good indicator of the type of person they are in real life. Do you think for example a person that creates a fake twitter just to troll is likely to be an outstanding person outside the internet? Unlikely.

I have no problem with offensive alias', that's your right. Just don't make excuses as to why you have it. Be honest and say 'I'm immature and can't really come up with anything better'

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way