Report username inappropriate

polarbear

@jonny2192 wrote:

@JeppeL wrote:

Thanks a lot for reporting this @polarbear, I've let @Kris-Unibet know and something should be done about it soon as possible :)

On a related topic there is a username f_upolarbear that joins uk25 with a double stack last few nights.

13689844_1309245972420695_1404585670_n.png.38b6dbbb98264cc46357966dae089e38.png

LOL

:) , probably with dedication. i dont use any polarbear username on the poker game so he must love me from the community (if that was meant to be adressed to me , of course )

• Like 1

I don't have a horse in this race, but you open a topic and report someone for "usillybich"?

You gotta be kidding me...Next step: "Thought police".

• Like 15
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Have to agree with Wudu here. I've seen usernames that I personally find much more offensive than that, but it's just a "so what?"

Presumably there is some sort of trigger that filters out certain words when choosing usernames, so if Unibet don't mind it, why should I?

• Like 3
Just call me Mrs Kings :-)

@jonny2192 wrote:

@JeppeL wrote:

Thanks a lot for reporting this @polarbear, I've let @Kris-Unibet know and something should be done about it soon as possible :)

On a related topic there is a username f_upolarbear that joins uk25 with a double stack last few nights.

13689844_1309245972420695_1404585670_n.png.8ab803ab5c307d8bede34c61feaad3bc.png

Is that time of the month for you W0nderW0man?

• Like 1
Fear knocked at the door, Faith answered and nobody was there.

@nelutzu wrote:

@jonny2192 wrote:

@JeppeL wrote:

13689844_1309245972420695_1404585670_n.png.2c67681ad10ca2934255acb6e92ca3ea.png

Is that time of the month for you W0nderW0man?

Month!!! Weekend ritual lol

• Like 1
You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

I wouldn't recommend this SN, but wouldn't really consider it offensive. If someone called me a 'Silly bich' I would just laugh. The 'Silly' makes it more comical rather than offensive.

• Like 1
I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

I think most of the "offensive" usernames which is a thin definition is just a catch your eye and laugh.  You should then forget about it, if your taking offense to people's usernames, your going to have a tough time when your running bad.  If your playing on a less friendly poker room than Unibet you might be getting called much worse at the tables.

• Like 1

@pirahn wrote:

I forgot, should you be barred for calling someone stupid ?

people offending others by different ways are not smart either. if someone use that word with his parents every single day is not my problem but when you are trying to do that conscious then me as a player who sits at that table i feel offended.

if there is a way to make a complain and that username to be removed because it is not ok with t&c i am more than happy to do it. the guy might choose whatever he wants.

i dont care about others opinions and i was not asking if you like or not like that username or you are or not agree with that username , i was only making a reclamation that i feel offended by that.

let me stay happy at the tables

When calling people "not smart", is that not just a different way of calling people stupid. Since you desist from such activity one can only presume you are "clever" or do you prefer not stupid.

Surely if you feel offended sitting at that table, the simple solution would be to play standing up or just maybe sit at another table.

• Like 2

@pirahn wrote:

Very hard to monitor this as offence is subjective. There are many ways around spelling things which makes it even harder

Yeh, this is pretty much my position.  As much as possible I want to not get involved because it's nothing but grey area unto grey area.  I think the alias in the OP is borderline offensive, but I don't think I should ban anything borderline.

• Like 2
Former head of poker @ Unibet

• 3 months later...

@PokerAndBetting wrote:

Didn't want to start a new thread, found this old one to comment in.

2016-11-06.png.d3b3ca7cab868f3ef9dda29141b1042b.png

I think this name is offensive enough to report.

And for you who thinks this is silly, it would get nasty if we would let anything go.

I agree with @PokerAndBetting with 1000 %! How dare that bearded viking call himself "jack"? Ban him from Unibet and confiscate all his funds!

• Like 6
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@LCW wrote:

confirmed unibet switches the doomswitch on for naughty usernames, so if u have one at your table just enjoy and take their money

really? I wonder how it works without affecting fairness amongst the other players.

I mean, whoever wins money from the doomswitched player will have an advantage (more chips) than the other players at the table.

The price of hating other human beings is loving oneself less.
-Eldridge Cleaver

I added "*d1ck*" to the blacklist.

@PokerAndBetting wrote:

@LCW wrote:

confirmed unibet switches the doomswitch on for naughty usernames, so if u have one at your table just enjoy and take their money

really? I wonder how it works without affecting fairness amongst the other players.

I mean, whoever wins money from the doomswitched player will have an advantage (more chips) than the other players at the table.

He was kidding.

• Like 1
Former head of poker @ Unibet

I wanted to make alias next2meisgay  or fishinainteasy  or some other bull❤️♥️❤️ nicks ,so i can tilt people and get in their heads to play badly agains me . So by this definition someone will be offended by my nick, cmon people dont be so sensitive. Poker is a mind game so if some gets in your head that easy you should probably quit now.

@mirc wrote:

I wanted to make alias next2meisgay  or fishinainteasy  or some other bull❤️♥️❤️ nicks ,so i can tilt people and get in their heads to play badly agains me . So by this definition someone will be offended by my nick, cmon people dont be so sensitive. Poker is a mind game so if some gets in your head that easy you should probably quit now.

What? No! Poker is not about offending your opponent, if you sit at a live table and you start swearing at everyone or saying racial slurs or whatnot you will likely get kicked out. That being said nicknames with crafty little jabs at your opponents are funny and I don't think they should go on a banning spree over this, but some people just put their nickname as n-word or kill n-words.  There needs to be some sort of limit ... you want to tilt your opponent not just make them leave with their money elsewhere. 

• Like 2