Release notes 2.40 (timebank, time to act and rake changes)

Stubbe-Unibet

Release date: 17 March 2020 (.Com)
Next release: 21 April 2020 (.Com)

We are happy to announce that this release is the biggest platform release for more than two years. Given the many changes, there's obviously also a greater risk of bugs and issues, so we'd love to hear about anything you experience, following this release.

Promotions:

• Moving on Up (1st of April - 28th of April)
  • Spring Bootcamp (6th of April – 31st of May)
  • Daily HexaPro race (20th of March – 16th of April)
  • April missions
  • Q2 2020 Loyalty:
    • Four new avatars:

734757030_Q2avatars.png.0b2c89e090fef5ad11deea77dbca3279.png

• New challenges points system to better reflect the new rake change (changes in red):

NLHE

Minor

Major

PLO

Minor

Major

Banzai NLHE

Minor

Major

Improvements/New features

• Time to Act - Changed time to act for all game types.
 Cash gameHexaProSNG
 NowNewNowNewNowNew
Pre-flop not facing a raise201015101510
Pre-flop facing a raise201515151515
Post-flop201515151515

MTT's:

Time to act

Based on tournament tag

Slow

Hyper

Now

New

Now

New

Now

New

Pre-flop

Post-flop

Default will be used whenever "slow" or "hyper" isn't used as a tag

• Timebank - Changed how Timebank behaves on all game types.

Game

First hand

Replenishing

Cap

Cash Games

15 seconds

5 seconds added every 10th hand

30 seconds

HexaPro with multiplier smaller than 25x

10 seconds

5 seconds added every 5th hand

20 seconds

HexaPro with multiplier 25x or higher

30 seconds

60 seconds

Tournaments

Default 15 seconds.
Can be changed for a specific tournament.

5 seconds added every 10th hand

Default 30 seconds.
Can be changed for a specific tournament.

SNG

10 seconds

20 seconds

In your settings you'll now have the option to enable the timebank to automatically kick in, as soon as your time to act has run out. The setting will be off by default. Today, you always have to click the timebank icon, in order to activate it.

For those who don't know, the timebank resets after every hand today, and you've always got 10 seconds. With this change we believe we'll give you more time in those critical hands where it's really needed, and excessive stalling will be less of an issue, making the experience more enjoyable for everyone Smile

Bug fixes

• Fix so that bonus shop tickets below 1€ is shown in decimals and not just “€0”.
  • Proper alignment for font text size in the button “Set the deposit amount” for SE, DK and DE in the cashier module. Before the text was crossing the button area.

Downtime 

We are updating Unibet Poker server side on Tuesday 17/03/2020 05:00-06:00 UTC.

Games will be paused during update.

New SNG tournament creation disabled 1 hour before update.

Update may be finished earlier.

• Like 14

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

why is there so little time to make decisions in cash games? why is the maximum time bank 30 seconds in MTT, is this not enough to think of a difficult decision? why is everything so fast? (((

P. S. 6 minutes break is great!

• Like 4

@tara771, the changes are based on the player behavior we see today, and if you check the TTA of other sites, you'll see that we're more inline with the industry with these changes.

The tournament timebank cap will be tournament specific, and I'm sure @Leo-Unibet will make it more than 30 seconds in the bigger and/or slower tournaments :)

• Like 1

@psrquack wrote:

Could we have more informations about 2020 loyalty? Maybe a privilege setting up private freerolls as special reward?

It's Jan 2021 :) Afraid there's not much to share at this stage, but frontend support for setting up MTT's as a customer is not part of it :)

• Like 1

The below improvement will unfortunately not make it into this release. April seems like the most likely date, but not certain.

"In your settings you'll now have the option to enable the timebank to automatically kick in, as soon as your time to act has run out. The setting will be off by default. Today, you always have to click the timebank icon, in order to activate it."

@Stubbe-Unibet wrote:

Improvements/New features

• Time to Act - Changed time to act for all game types.
 Cash gameHexaProSNG
 NowNewNowNewNowNew
Pre-flop not facing a raise201015101510
Pre-flop facing a raise201515151515
Post-flop201515151515

I found that difference between time to act when facing a raise and not facing raise a most annjoying thing ever. When i face a raise, the table pops up and i cannot use all time i got because i will be sitouted on tables where i not faced a raise. After that i got minimum one table where i have missed blinds and have to wait full orbit to rejoin. Please bring back old TTA rules or just make them shorter but equal :(

• Like 2

Same for me, I keep getting tables popping up with only a second or two to act, and keep getting sat out. I prefer to play with my tables stacked. I'm all for the changes to speed up the games but this doesn't work. Needs to be the same amount of time no matter what action has happened before you.

I highly disagree on those act timer cuts, especially preflop was overkill. 20s->15s would have been acceptable.

I usually play 6-8 tables and i guess I need to cut down to 6. This means its a lot harder to reach my challengepoint goals with current volume.

You should be able to write down notes (on notepad) while playing and with current timers i'm facing global sit-out most of the time doing so.

This global-sitout nonsense should be at least removed finally if you push so strict timers overall.

@Bufni wrote:

The new time change is atrocious. Please do smth about it.

Really appreciate all the feedback guys! But, please try to keep it constructive and detailed. A post like the above is useless to us, when we're going to review the feedback later and potentially make some tweaks. 

• Like 1

In omaha cashgames i keep sitting out all the time. Not enough time to choose what would i do. Playing is not fun anymore, just stressing. If the industry is moving this way, why should unibet? Keep poker fun, like you have done.

• Like 2

Please change the position of the "fold to any bet" button!
The button is exactly above the "'fold" "call" button. You can accidentally click these buttons when the person in front of you performs his action a millisecond before you click the "press to fold button". That is why I avoid the "fold to any bet" button when only the person in front of me has to make his move

• Like 1