Release Notes for September's Poker Update

Andrew

The next release is on Monday 29th August. It's quite a small one as most of the effort is going into poker 2.0 at the moment. We already have an allllmost feature-complete alpha, and should have the first (internal) beta client for the start of September.

New features:

• Unibet Open Slot added
  • September High Stakes Flop Race added
  • September Mission added
  • Romanian language added

Improvements and bug fixes:

• Fixed an issue causing Challenge Point balance to sometimes differ between the Profile area and Hand History
  • Fixed an issue causing the High Hand promotion table button to appear on the table for a few seconds
  • Other improvements and bug fixes

I'll post promo pages later this week.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

I remember that promo.  (I think it was January).  I liked it tbh.  I know some in the community didn't but it's good business and it was fun.

What I thought Andrew was suggesting was an actual UO slot.  Where people pay money to play it like any other but the prizes are a UO package for a jackpot and perhaps Poker tickets for other spins. 

For those of us not interested in OU it would be nice if there was a slot like that, but with only regular poker tickets. Perhaps added to the bonus shop in the new client, so you could choose between using your points to buy a regular ticket in the shop - or buying spins for a chance to win higher value tickets in the slot. Just a suggestion. :smileyhappy:

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

Last time this promotion ran I think only the top prize had an UO package (multiple winners) , and the rest were various tournament or cash tickets. Maybe this one will be similar.

My memory could be off but I thought the lower prizes in the last slot promo were only UO qualifier tickets. Then again it could be because I wasn't lucky enough to win anything else. It's too bad though when the prizes aren't for everyone. This is probably the only slot machine I don't want to win the jackpot on, lol. Either way, I hope you're right about the new one. :smileyhappy: 

These might be the prizes for the UO Slot, found it on the old slot promotion but it's very Romania themed, which is the next location for the UO. Also the Last login date gives it away that it's new as well :) . I suppose it's not a secret since it's on the Unibet website :)

I wonder if the percentages to get a certain number of points have changed since a 50€ ticket needs almost as many points as a UO package now compared to the 1500 points it needed last time. It might be the same just more spread apart so the big gap gets removed, less dissapointment when someone gets a ton of points but not quite enough for a package.

Also why wouldn't you want to win a package, a free trip + participating in a 500k prizepool freeroll , or at the very least 250€ in cash if you really really don't want to go :cathappy:

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

These might be the prizes for the UO Slot, found it on the old slot promotion but it's very Romania themed, which is the next location for the UO. Also the Last login date gives it away that it's new as well :) . I suppose it's not a secret since it's on the Unibet website :)

I wonder if the percentages to get a certain number of points have changed since a 50€ ticket needs almost as many points as a UO package now compared to the 1500 points it needed last time. It might be the same just more spread apart so the big gap gets removed, less dissapointment when someone gets a ton of points but not quite enough for a package.

Also why wouldn't you want to win a package, a free trip + participating in a 500k prizepool freeroll , or at the very least 250€ in cash if you really really don't want to go :cathappy:

Thanks for posting the pic @FeelsBadMan. I like the look of that. :) I didn't know it was possible to exchange the UO package for cash - or as @jonny2192 suggested, send someone else to play in one's place. That's good to know if it happens, but I doubt I'll win the jackpot either way, so I don't think I'll have to worry too much about it. :smileytongue: I know UO is what a lot of players dream about, but as a casual player I just prefer playing online. Live tournaments kind of scare me. :smileyembarrassed:

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

by 250€ in cash I meant the travel money that you get into your unibet account when you win a package :)

Aha, lol. :smileyembarrassed: I don't know what I was thinking since the entire package is obviously worth way more than that, so it would definitely be a downchange. But what you're saying is that even if you don't want to go, and decide to sell or transfer the package, you still get to keep the €250? Wouldn't Unibet pull that money back and give it to the one taking over the package?

(Sorry, I really didn't mean to hijack this thread with nonsense.)

@Valkyrie wrote:

@FeelsBadMan wrote:

by 250€ in cash I meant the travel money that you get into your unibet account when you win a package :)

Aha, lol. :smileyembarrassed: I don't know what I was thinking since the entire package is obviously worth way more than that, so it would definitely be a downchange. But what you're saying is that even if you don't want to go, and decide to sell or transfer the package, you still get to keep the €250? Wouldn't Unibet pull that money back and give it to the one taking over the package?

(Sorry, I really didn't mean to hijack this thread with nonsense.)

You would just transfer the seat and accomadation and keep the cash. A an example in Brighton someone gave someone else a seat. The person giving the seat kept the expenses and let someone else play the seat. If they won they would have split the winnings.

You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

@jonny2192 wrote:

You would just transfer the seat and accomadation and keep the cash. A an example in Brighton someone gave someone else a seat. The person giving the seat kept the expenses and let someone else play the seat. If they won they would have split the winnings.

Ok, that makes sense. As long as Unibet allows it it's a good way to solve it. Thanks for explaining. Now I'll try to gracefully bow out of this thread while I still have some grace left. Carry on... :womanembarrassed:

Archived