Question about NLHE major challenge

Play_Analyst

Hi all, having a bit of ablonde moment so bear with me lol

I'm currently completing the (well trying too) Major Challenge for Texas Hold'Em and I'm at the 3/4 stage.

The challenge is make a straight containing an ace.

Last night I thought I'd made the 4th straight needed and I've enclosed a screen shot of the straight. BTW I realise that the winning straight was the 2,3,4,5,6 but technically my hand did contain a straight containing an ace albeit a six card one.

I suppose I already know that the answer will be that it should be a hand containing only 5 cards and it would have been easier if I'd hit the straight on the turn (I could have raised enough to push the other player out of the pot).

I ask because it doesn't say that the straight has to be a winning one so the cheeky devil in me was wondering if that 1,2,3,4,5 straight could be counted so I can get the next Major Challenge started lol.

1739185463_Screenshot(362).thumb.png.01007dbba87155c28139bb06a6ef452d.png

I don't have the possibility of making this happen @Play_Analyst, though I'm glad you already know the reason why as there are no 6 card poker hands :) Peculiar situation though considering the challenge was there, hope you hit wheel or broadway within long!

Btw, is the subject title for the topic correct?

Former Community Manager

Thanks for the quick reply and yes, the subject title was a mistake. (Auto fill was on and I hit post without realising it had put that title in, I did say I was having a blonde moment lol). Corrected the title now :)

Yes it was an odd situation. Just goes to show how difficult it must be when you come up with the promotions to think of every scenario that could happen and how difficult it is to cover all the bases without making the missions sound over complicated.

Oh well back to the grind I suppose lol

Edit by Jeppe-Unibet: Edited subject title.

Yeah credit to the poker team for coming up with the challenges, it's much harder than it looks on the surface as the wording has to be just right to avoid confusion! Good luck and enjoy the games :) 

Former Community Manager

I think this worked as intended.  It's because your hand in NLHE is the best five card hand combining the board and your holecards.  So your hand was 2-6 straight, not A-5.

Also, hmm, something gone wrong with the subject?  I edited it for my post.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

@Andrew-Unibet wrote:

I think this worked as intended.  It's because your hand in NLHE is the best five card hand combining the board and your holecards.  So your hand was 2-6 straight, not A-5.

Subject title seems to stick to the original even if edited, magic wand applied.

Former Community Manager

@Andrew-Unibet wrote:

Quoting for truth. Best possible 5 hand combination is always picked, 2-6 straight is stronger than an A-5 straight in NLHE, therefore (unfortunately) you did not have a straight containing an ace.

Archived