RegisLT

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Silver1 wrote:

@GothMoth that’s a sad bust. I think I’m at those stack sizes always going for a 3bet with intention to call a shove. Why did you open-shove against his opening? You got it in really nice, just asking of interest.

Mainly because of mine (perceived) image. There are few more reasons, but I prefer not to disclose them as they expose parts of mine as well of his playing style.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@solidplanbro   but in first place I'm not sure if the defense of the blind was a good move here (quite big re-raise)...   you floped 66 but still :wonder:  You see only final result but without 6 in hand/or on board you propably fold  and he gets some BBs. 

• Like 1
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

My hand doesnt matter. I was just pointing out his silly approach and result. I mean itm pressure, 4 off the money, i raised for a standard steal towards non tricky recreational player. I would fold obv if I didnt hit. the main beauty was his hand and rundown :D

@pinki wrote:

@solidplanbro   but in first place I'm not sure if the defense of the blind was a good move here (quite big re-raise)...   you floped 66 but still :wonder:  You see only final result but without 6 in hand/or on board you propably fold  and he gets some BBs. 

If anything, the raise is too small – I prefer 7k or even bigger. The reason is, even fun players understand bubble play to some extent, so they understand, you will raise lots of junk hands, so they are incentivized to limp/call more often. Making the raise too small makes it too easy for your opponent to limp/call, so making it bigger is necessary to get the folds you want. If SB is shorter, shoving all-in gets better but as things stand, I think @solidplanbro played the hand just fine. Obviously, he can’t call the flop shove if he doesn’t flop anything but that doesn’t make the SB all-in reasonable. It’s terrible and way too risky, especially just before the money.

• Like 1

My standard raise from SB limp is 4,0-4,5x I dont think that half blind more would have made any difference. even with reg. Of course GTO would be if SB shoved and I fold, or I would have shoved on his limp (and what I saw he might have called with his hand), but becase of fun player or even reg I made pure steal (with any two) just to fold SB hand. Important note is that it was 3 or 4 players to ITM. I did not want to analyze this hand, just wanted to point out his shove, my holding, and rundown to river a.k.a "Post some sick hands there :)" But thanks for constructive cirticism :)

• Like 1