Possibly the best poker book on satellite strategy

JeppeL

darabook.PNG.d4ffbf8ba120eddf86615230a5d0ff00.PNG

Ever get the feeling that you're bubbling too often in Unibet Open satellites, or any other satellites for that matter? A lot of us do, but recently one of our Poker Ambassadors has released a book that's sure to be helpful in achieving the first step of winning a major live event - qualifying for peanuts! :)

Dara O'Kearney - @Dara - has along with co-author Barry Carter - @BarryCarter - written and published the book "Poker Satellite Strategy: How to qualify for the main events of high stakes live and online poker tournaments" and they'll talk a bit about it here in the tread and you're of course welcome to ask any questions you'd like!

We know there are a lot of members here who are looking to get better and to help you out there, we're also going to give some of these books away here on the community, so make sure you stay tuned for that as we'll post in the thread here accordingly :)

And if you don't want to wait on the possibility of winning a competition, you can buy the book directly from Amazon in both paperback and kindle format here :)

/Unibet Poker

Former Community Manager

It might be a bit of an exageration to say this book has completely changed my outlook on poker...............................but it has.

It's well written, (though could have done with a better proof reader 😃) well thought out, the concept of working backwards from the bubble is like no other, and has already made me more determined to master the UK and UO qualifiers, and maybe even other satellites. I've read it straight through and am now going back to study it in more detail, but it's already top of my required reading list. The downside is that the more good reviews it's given the more people will buy it, levelling the playing field again. :teardrop:

Thankyou @Dara and @BarryCarter for a new motivation in my poker life. 😃

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Thanks very much for the kind words.

We like to think of it less about making satellites tougher and more about making the target events softer/more fun/more widely attended.

You are correct there were a few schoolboy proofing errors, they have since been caught and both versions of the book updated for anyone who gets them. If you have the kindle version you should be able to update it for free.

I know the positive reviews make you shudder, but feel free to post your own on Amazon :)

@Dara  @BarryCarter The typos in no way detract from the content of the book, it was just me being flippant. 😃

I totally agree with @theMachine , we just do not want too many buying this book, or even worse getting a free copy now we have used our initiative to conquer the world of satellites, so I'm setting up an operation to buy every copy and hoard them.

I get fed up of constant messages asking for reviews of everything I ever buy or every new place I visit and usually discard them unread, but in this case I'll make an exception. It might not be a great review, we have to keep the number of sales down. 🤣

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Archived