Possible bug with tables

Westie

I've noticed that quite often when I try and join a cash table it puts me into a queue. There are times when this is perfectly fine and working as normal as all tables might be full. What I find strange is when there are say 30 25PL tables running, you would think there would be a seat to join as it is so rare and unlikely that all tables would be maxed and none at all running 3/4/5 handed. player turnover at these tables is very quick at times yet you wait in a queue for ages.

Another reason I think something is wrong with the queue waiting system is that say there are 8 25PL tables running and it puts you in a queue. It states you are number 1 in the queue and you sit and wait patiently. Time goes by and you check the lobby and now instead of 8 tables there are 11 running yet you have not been notified to join any new tables.... How is that possible?

Yet another reason I think this is sometimes site traffic is extremely low for the time of day/ evening and when it is I seem to have this queue issue and I wonder if other people also get queued for no reason, sit and wait and then think screw this and leave since it never puts them into a game...

Interested to see if anyone has noticed similar or has a valid reason for the above.

@Westie wrote:

I've noticed that quite often when I try and join a cash table it puts me into a queue. There are times when this is perfectly fine and working as normal as all tables might be full. What I find strange is when there are say 30 25PL tables running, you would think there would be a seat to join as it is so rare and unlikely that all tables would be maxed and none at all running 3/4/5 handed. player turnover at these tables is very quick at times yet you wait in a queue for ages.

Another reason I think something is wrong with the queue waiting system is that say there are 8 25PL tables running and it puts you in a queue. It states you are number 1 in the queue and you sit and wait patiently. Time goes by and you check the lobby and now instead of 8 tables there are 11 running yet you have not been notified to join any new tables.... How is that possible?

Yet another reason I think this is sometimes site traffic is extremely low for the time of day/ evening and when it is I seem to have this queue issue and I wonder if other people also get queued for no reason, sit and wait and then think screw this and leave since it never puts them into a game...

Interested to see if anyone has noticed similar or has a valid reason for the above.

The lobby displays the total number of players on a each limit. So if the number you see can be divided by six they are most likely full (but there can be multiple short handed tables running so it's not always the case). Also keep in mind that the update on the number of players is not instant, it might take a couple seconds.

I never had extremely long queue times, at most a few minutes. But I only play two card PLO.

Better to be lucky than good.