Poker release notes 3.7

Stubbe-Unibet

Previous release notes can be found here.

Release date: 20th April
Next release: 18th May

Lots of work the last weeks have gone into preparations for the summer promotions - there'll be plenty of fun for everyone, regardless of stake level and game type you like. We're also working on several exciting projects related to the table design and features, and you'll surely see a tease or two on here in the near future :)

Main item in this release is the introduction of a card backs setting, giving you a choice between 8 different designs (further info below).

In case you haven't seen it already, we've also gone live with the new Replay Rewards: https://www.unibet.com/promotions/poker-promotions/replay-rewards

Promotions:

Still running/upcoming from previous release(s):

• 7-year anniversary Prize Drop, 18th March – 30th April
  • HexaPro Daily Races, 1st April – 25 April
  • Player of the Year (all 2021)

Included in this release:

• UOS XII 16th May – 30th May (2 Weeks)
  • Spring Bootcamp 26th April – 30th May
  • May Mission

Coming in next release:

• Penalty Hero 1st June – 12th July
  • Team Collector 11th June – 11th July

New features/Improvements

• New card backs to select in Settings, there will be 8 different to choose from, including the existing one.

cardbacks18.png.9979a22ccf2e27f66f1b7c9790277f9f.pngcardbacks17.png.b6a0197615322cf89e73eb432da02735.pngcardbacks16.png.02e0f6915b73cc25a24aea5a37051b86.pngcardbacks15.png.c5de5e43ee315574c92b01b5a71788c3.pngcardbacks14.png.169bd065583f55d7247afbf9c3f09614.pngcardbacks13.png.38ad55c621bc4ded5ca592ba8cc5797a.pngcardbacks12.png.01196376846cf67ad97fae8ac93a6203.pngcardbacks11.png.2de7d4cf4d94ba40bde82de626ee5856.pngcardbacks1.thumb.png.050981f5ea460c10e431c034788728e6.png

Bug fixes

Compliance

-

Downtime 

We are updating Unibet Poker server side on Tuesday 20/04/2021 05:00-06:00 UTC.

Games will be paused during update.

New SNG tournament creation disabled 1 hour before update.

Update may be finished earlier.

• Like 7

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since this patch or previous patch or within 1,5 months at least there has emerged extreme lag on UnibetPoker client if you play with animations enabled. The animations are basically almost like working on 60hz when you have 144hz monitor. The most notable animation changes are the card dealing and chips moving to winner animations. Also the client overall just lags and switches tabs poorly.

I can also see it in RiskitForBiscuit's UnibetPoker twitch channel broadcasts if you compare her stream 15 days ago compared to one over 2 months ago. (She is the only UnibetPoker twitch channel broadcaster that plays with animations enabled)

I already tried to reach for support for this issue but they said they couldn't find fixable problems. The problem is in the client and not customer sided, that's why it's fixable only by the client creator himself.

Forward this message to the client creator. 

Can't pinpoint exact date when it started on me but under 2 months at least. Didn't have any problems in March 2021 at least. However I just found this video on Youtube and now  I do think it's possible that maybe it's something still on my side? Youtube video where person plays with animations on 08.05.2021.

I don't see that he at least has that lag on video that says 08.05.2021. It's smooth like I had 2 months ago.

Here is my video to comparision. Compare for example HexaPro the prize pool selector screen. How huge lag difference.

Maybe there is Windows setting or something I need to turn off or on? I recently re-intalled Windows so maybe that's source for my problems

Edited by NewPlayer69

@NewPlayer69 I don't see any lag in the first video? - only had a quick look as I'm not going to watch a 3 hour video 😉

In the second one there's indeed some lag with the HexaPro animation, and your GPU load is pretty crazy. Even though your graphics card is 4 years old, I wouldn't expect this load (running on an integrated GPU should be better than this). Please make sure your drivers are up-to-date (there was a new update released recently): https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stubbe-Unibet said:

@NewPlayer69 I don't see any lag in the first video? - only had a quick look as I'm not going to watch a 3 hour video 😉

In the second one there's indeed some lag with the HexaPro animation, and your GPU load is pretty crazy. Even though your graphics card is 4 years old, I wouldn't expect this load (running on an integrated GPU should be better than this). Please make sure your drivers are up-to-date (there was a new update released recently): https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580

Exactly! It's definitely personal issue for me - The russian guy doesn't have any issues. But thank god you can see the lag in my gameplay video, I felt like I was only one to see it. 

The thing about my lag is that I have updated my GPU drivers multiple times since this problem has been for a while now, maybe I need to try older drivers or something? However I feel like the lag exists only in Unibet. I can play video games no problem really. But I don't game much so maybe there is something broken in my GPU that I just don't notice? Any tips? Maybe benchmark test or something? Maybe like DirectX downloads or something... since I re-installed Windows recently and probably missing tons of that stuff?

Edited by NewPlayer69

Now I've watched your recording a few more times and I'm less sure about the lag. It's not a perfect sync, but it's pretty close. What about when playing at the tables? Only got one deal at the end of your video, and that seems fine to me. Compare to this one: 

I'm afraid there's not much I can do but pass it on to the developers, but if it's just the HexaPro animation which has a tiny delay, it's not something we can look into anytime soon (worked fine on all devices I have tested today).

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 11:46 AM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

Here is video of regular table (ignore the noise in the video). Gameplay lags similarly as in my HexaPro video, animation lag. Especially chips moving to pot winner and when cards are dealt.

Hope we can find a fix for this. My theories are that it's Windows 10 20H2 issue. Previously I had the 1909 version. Or that my Windows settings are just wrong. Or possible I am missing plugin or my GPU is dying / malfunctioning but I can play modern games like Quantum League with 1920x1080 @144hz all medium graphics 144fps stable so there is that.

I'll try again when Patch 3.8 rolls here meanwhile yeah if you could report this to the developers.

I'll edit this message if patch 3.8 fixed it somehow.

Edited by NewPlayer69

I quickly watched your video now and don't really see the issue tbh. The navigation between menu elements is supposed to be like this: it isn't instant but there's a sort of swipe animation. The chips and card movements seem completely normal as well and synced with the sound. The chips moving to winner has never been instant - there's always been the delay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still no fix after the update.

If you could please send it anyways to developer - I really want that same level of smoothness Russian guy had and I had before few weeks ago. If he finds a fix email me on my Unibet account email address.

I'll probably check after summer whether it's playable again for me.

2 minutes ago, NewPlayer69 said:

Still no fix after the update.

If you could please send it anyways to developer - I really want that same level of smoothness Russian guy had and I had before few weeks ago. If he finds a fix email me on my Unibet account email address.

I'll probably check after summer whether it's playable again for me.

Did you see my previous post? I'm honestly not sure what lag you're talking about. The gameplay seems fine to me.