Poker refund requests thread

Stubbe-Unibet

I don't have tournament IDs, but I was promised refunds within 72 hours and I've now been waiting for 2,5 weeks and customer service isn't responding to anything.

On the night between 18th/19th of April server breakdowns messed up all the tournaments I was still in. I may have forgotten some, but I was in at least the following: 5e black hole, 5+rebuys good luck mr gorsky, 10e space madness, 10e+rebuys sputnik, 10e Omaha Space Madness bounty (or whatever the thing is called that starts at 20:45 GMT). I'm expecting ICM-based refunds.

Had the same thing happen again on the 28th of April. I don't have a list of tournaments, but this totally messed up every tournament I was in between roughly 4:50PM - 6:15PM GMT+0. Had big stacks in quite a few of them. Again looking for ICM refunds.

I have video of both incidents, which I have already sent to Unibet support. It clearly shows others sites working normally and Unibet kicking me out and not letting me back in. I believe these were server breakdowns that were already acknowledged by Unibet.

Looking forward to someone actually organizing this, should be something like 150-200€ worth of refunds. Happy to accept tournament tickets or bonus shop points as well, doesn't matter to me.

Thank you.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ChuckBassPoker wrote:

I don't have tournament IDs, but I was promised refunds within 72 hours and I've now been waiting for 2,5 weeks and customer service isn't responding to anything.

On the night between 18th/19th of April server breakdowns messed up all the tournaments I was still in. I may have forgotten some, but I was in at least the following: 5e black hole, 5+rebuys good luck mr gorsky, 10e space madness, 10e+rebuys sputnik, 10e Omaha Space Madness bounty (or whatever the thing is called that starts at 20:45 GMT). I'm expecting ICM-based refunds.

Had the same thing happen again on the 28th of April. I don't have a list of tournaments, but this totally messed up every tournament I was in between roughly 4:50PM - 6:15PM GMT+0. Had big stacks in quite a few of them. Again looking for ICM refunds.

I have video of both incidents, which I have already sent to Unibet support. It clearly shows others sites working normally and Unibet kicking me out and not letting me back in. I believe these were server breakdowns that were already acknowledged by Unibet.

Looking forward to someone actually organizing this, should be something like 150-200€ worth of refunds. Happy to accept tournament tickets or bonus shop points as well, doesn't matter to me.

Thank you.

Hi @ChuckBassPoker,

Firstly I'd like to apologise for the time it has taken to look at your refund case. All of the tournaments you played on the 18th played out to completion so the automatic refund that happens when we cancel tournaments did not happen in your case. This would have been the same on the 27th. 

I've been through every tournament on both days and found the following:-

18th April

• €5 Omaha Deep Space: 56 hands played, 3 hands timed out, 1 hand DC'd.
  • €5 Galaxy: 29 hands played, 1 hand timed out.
  • €10 Dark Matter: 53 hands played, 1 hand timed out.
  • €5 Space Madness Bounty: 91 hands played, 6 hands timed out.
  • €5 Falling Star bounty: 56 hands played, 1 hand timed out
  • €5 Black Hole: 511 hands played, 4 hands timed out, 3 hands DC'd
  • €10 Sputnik: 77 hands played, 1 hand timed out.
  • €5 Gorsky: 109 hands played, 2 hands timed out, 1 hand DC'd
  • €5 Sputnik: 68 hands played, 2 hands timed out, 1 hand DC'd
  • €10 Omaha Falling Star: 60 hands played, 1 hand timed out
  • €10 Space Madness Bounty: 81 hands played, 1 hand timed out, 2 hands DC'd

27th April

• €5 Deep Space: 34 hands played, 3 hands timed out, 1 hand DC'd
  • €5 Moonwalk (1k GTD): 34 hands played, 3 hands timed out, 1 hand DC'd
  • €5 Moonwalk (1250 GTD): 68 hands played, 5 hands timed out, 3 hands DC'd
  • €5 Omaha Deep Space: 207 hands played, 4 hands timed out, 1 hand DC'd
  • €5 Sirius Banzai Bounty: 6 hands played, no affected hands
  • €5 Galaxy: 441 hands played, 2 hands timed out.

As none of these tournaments were cancelled the tournament cancellation policy does not apply to any of them and for the majority of them the disruption was minimal. The most consecutive hands missed I believe I saw was 4. I have credited you bonus points based on the partial disruption caused in each tournament.

Poker Janitor

@portexik wrote:

Hello,

I would like to ask for refund

I got disconnect while playing tournaments 18/04/2020  25e Lederboard high ID: 18001845 (tree re-enters) and 5e galaxy ID:18147261 (I dont now how many re-enters).I sent scans for support.

Can you check this please?

Thank you!

Hi @portexik, you have been refunded in bonus points for the affected tournaments.

Poker Janitor

Hello, Please check the game at Sit & Go, 2 people worth € 50 with the tournament ID above. I was disconnected and my internet had no problem. I tried to log in from the phone and it didn't work even though the internet was good again. I managed to log out of the phone after many attempts but I had already lost a lot of chips. Please return my money back because I was not at fault. I have been writing by e-mail ever since but I was redirected here. Thanks!

@alexa3333 wrote:

Hello, Please check the game at Sit & Go, 2 people worth € 50 with the tournament ID above. I was disconnected and my internet had no problem. I tried to log in from the phone and it didn't work even though the internet was good again. I managed to log out of the phone after many attempts but I had already lost a lot of chips. Please return my money back because I was not at fault. I have been writing by e-mail ever since but I was redirected here. Thanks!

Hi @alexa3333, can you give me a rough date and time of when you had the issue please? 

Poker Janitor

• 2 months later...

Hi,

This message will be very late compared to the server problems, but I still haven't received the compensation.
I messaged the support team via e-mail a couple of times, but they referred me to this forum.

The coronavirus coupled with the the discontinuation of the rakeback in Belgium made sure that I had other priorities first.
Still, the server error which led to financial losses were as real as any.

This is what I've sent to the support:

'(I received 200eu for the disconnect at 9.45 PM at 15/04,

(that some night however, I started a 200 hu sng and a 100eu hexapro at 2:45 AM. I had the same issues as a couple hours before. I contacted support and they reassured me that the same issue was going on, covered by the refund policy.)

16/04/2020 2:42:46

Poker - Toernooi Buy-in

16/04/2020 2:42:35

Poker - Toernooi Buy-in

This request is finding you late, but is still a product of the technical issues of that night.

Kind regards.

@Sportbetking wrote:

Hi,

This message will be very late compared to the server problems, but I still haven't received the compensation.

I messaged the support team via e-mail a couple of times, but they referred me to this forum.

The coronavirus coupled with the the discontinuation of the rakeback in Belgium made sure that I had other priorities first.

Still, the server error which led to financial losses were as real as any.

This is what I've sent to the support:

'(I received 200eu for the disconnect at 9.45 PM at 15/04,

(that some night however, I started a 200 hu sng and a 100eu hexapro at 2:45 AM. I had the same issues as a couple hours before. I contacted support and they reassured me that the same issue was going on, covered by the refund policy.)

16/04/2020 2:42:46

Poker - Toernooi Buy-in

16/04/2020 2:42:35

Poker - Toernooi Buy-in

This request is finding you late, but is still a product of the technical issues of that night.

Kind regards.

Refund has been processed @Sportbetking 

• Like 1

Poker Janitor

Hi @Andy-Unibet ,

I was playing 5 Hexapro games, a mix of 10 and 25 euro games on July 26th. I was disconnected and kicked off the desktop client. I tried multiple times to log back in from my phone but the login screen kept resetting after I entered my credentials. I was only able to get back into the games after a couple of minutes but lost many chips in the process. In all games, I had at least 490 chips (close to starting stack) at the time of disconnection and in one of my games I was heads up with a 3:2 chip lead. The following corresponds to the disconnected hand of each game:

1) 1282326063 - 10 Euro Stake

2) 1282326071 - 25 Euro Stake

3) 1282326156 - 10 Euro Stake

4) 1282326218 - 25 Euro Stake

5) 1282326277 - 25 Euro Stake

As I was unable to log back in due to your client resetting, please refund me for these games. It has costed me 95 Euros in Buy-ins and a total combined prize pool of 302.5 Euros. 

@RZ_Sharp wrote:

Hi @Andy-Unibet ,

I was playing 5 Hexapro games, a mix of 10 and 25 euro games on July 26th. I was disconnected and kicked off the desktop client. I tried multiple times to log back in from my phone but the login screen kept resetting after I entered my credentials. I was only able to get back into the games after a couple of minutes but lost many chips in the process. In all games, I had at least 490 chips (close to starting stack) at the time of disconnection and in one of my games I was heads up with a 3:2 chip lead. The following corresponds to the disconnected hand of each game:

As I was unable to log back in due to your client resetting, please refund me for these games. It has costed me 95 Euros in Buy-ins and a total combined prize pool of 302.5 Euros. 

HI @RZ_Sharp

Could you see if you have your poker_log from the day you had the issues and attach it please? You'll find it in the folders below: -

Windows: C:\Users\******\Documents\Unibet Poker

Mac: Stored in the general documents folder

Poker Janitor

@RZ_Sharp wrote:

Hi @Andy-Unibet ,

Hi @Andy-Unibet ,

Any update on this? As I mentioned in my previous post, my log only goes back to July 30.

• 3 weeks later...

Was playing a 10 euro SNG HU when the server crashed for me whilst my internet worked just fine. Lost connection several times making it impossible play. Posting hand number for when I flopped three 10's with A,10 when opponent had 10,3, got back just in time for panic call before autofold, otherwise game would have been over there and I would have won 20. Would like refund please, if not for 20 so the least get back buy-in...

Hand number: #1304157100

Alias: jk_calavera

Date: 29/8 -2020

Hi, I was playing a €25 heads up earlier when the servers crashed or whatever happened... Spent about an hour trying to get back on before seeing on Twitter that Unibet admitted an issue and it was their fault.

Just got back in after work to find I was presumably timed out... Don't want to seem rude here but it's not acceptable for live chat to give a copy and paste templated answer saying no compensation will be given. I'll happily accept bonus points or a tournament tickets to the same value, I certainly don't think I should be left out of pocket

Thanks

@Andy-Unibet - No, it occured late the evening before but something was wrong and I don't think it was my internet so would appriciate you looking at what it could have been. Yes I think I found it, a txt file with just a huge amount of text in it? How should I provide it, upload it here somehow? (I'm not to familiar with this community thing)

@snufkins wrote:

@Andy-Unibet - No, it occured late the evening before but something was wrong and I don't think it was my internet so would appriciate you looking at what it could have been. Yes I think I found it, a txt file with just a huge amount of text in it? How should I provide it, upload it here somehow? (I'm not to familiar with this community thing)

Hi @snufkins,

There is the option to attach files just below the box you type your replies in. Should be a button that says "Choose Files" and then you can lovate teh log that way and upload it.

Poker Janitor

• 1 year later...
On 4/18/2020 at 4:53 PM, Stubbe-Unibet said:

For updates and information about the technical issues, please read https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/General-Poker/Technical-poker-issue-on-the-15th-of-April-2020-and-continuing/td-p/323492

Please always include tournament ID's in refund requests. 

Cash game transations will go through with a delay. If you haven't received the cash game transactions within 3 hours, please let us know here.

We're not done dealing with the issues from the 15th. Posts regarding MTT's from the 15th will be ignored. We aim to handle everything in bulk (for the 15th) by tonight.

Lost connection on hexapro 5 euro game fine money gon 😭

On 5/4/2020 at 6:40 PM, ChuckBassPoker said:

Thank you.

Ik hope IT doe you .good luck