Poker refund requests thread

Stubbe-Unibet

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pajt10, appreciate the feedback. You can deal with issues through CS as well; we don't force anyone to post on an English community (I'm sorry if any CS agent has given that impression to anyone - I can imagine they've said it might be faster that way, which has some truth to it).

I disagree with most of your feedback. We won't shut down the site for the reasons you mention, and as mentioned in the dedicated thread, we have for instance had +10 hours without issues, and the attacks have been intermittent. Should we close for 3 days for then to be attacked as soon as we're live again? It's not like the attackers will just disappear in thin air after xx hours, and we don't have a hotline to them so we can ask when they'll be ready with the next wave or when they'll be done with it all. DDOS attacks are a regular thing in the industry, some more succesful than others, and simply shutting down the business completely, that's not an option. We cancelled tournaments (also upcoming ones) and disabled tournament creation, when we deemed it necessary.

At no point have refunds been paid to "who cries the loudest", and I've got no clue how you're under that impression. I've probably written the same thing 20 times the last two days; we ignore your requests from the 15th, as we'll deal with the issues in bulk. Some guys have gotten the same link as a reply 2-3 times, and their refunds won't be dealt with 1 second faster than yours (technically it could possibly be a few seconds, as several thousand premiums will be done in bulk :) ).

Implying it's about getting as much rake as possible during the issue, and the "paying your wage", "let customer after customer put money" etc.. Well, I don't think it deserves a reply to be honest. With all the refunds we'll pay for the 15th, we're losing money on the tournaments. It's not great business to have a site running with DDOS attacks ongoing, considering all the people and hours it takes, the long-term negative impact from the bad experience, refunds etc. etc.

I do agree that we need an easier way to communicate with the players, all players. Email isn't great in a situation like this, as it's a cumbersome process with translations and it's a fast-changing situation. Notifications within the client, linking to a community thread, that'd probably be the optimal, combined with an actual status/up-time page and a fallback error page inside the client.

Yes, I should have foreseen a lot of clutter when not locking the threads, and that's a lesson learnt for next time; a lot don't read, most important aspects have to be highlighted, threads need to be locked. The transparency has been there, it's just been buried in posts.

I'd love to see an example of another poker site with more updates during issues, more transparency and faster handling of refunds (outside of the issue the 15th -again, 72-75 hours, which it looks like it'll be, is days better than competitors have managed in the past, thereby not saying it's been good enough, cause it hasn't.)

Please keep in mind that we're a small team, and the resources do limit how we can react to this and be transparent, and it is the first time I've personally had to handle such a severe attack. There are lessons learnt from this; I just think you miss the target with a lot of your feedback.

It's obviously been an extremely stressful situation - you can multiply the stress someone has from a missing the refund from one tournament (which leads him/her to do 3-5 posts and go mental) with 100, and you've probably got how it's been for us at the other end :)

NB As I've also mentioned before; I'm pleased to say that it will likely be much faster than 72-75 hours in the future, if we were to fail pausing tournaments, as we've now got scripts etc. ready for it. And, we'll also be looking into a proper automated pause feature, so that any attack will trigger an automatic pause of all tournaments.

To conclude: things haven't been perfect, definitely not, but all things considered I honestly think we've done a decent job. I'm sorry the ongoing issues have lead to a delay in the 2nd round of refunds from the issue the 15th; it's not easy to do estimates during issues like these.

• Like 4

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@Duka wrote:

Need refund for 10e sng and 4e sng from 2 different issues. Hope these are are the right id-s but no way to be 100% sure.

Done.

@JRunix  wrote:

Hi,

I just got disconnected in 4 Hexapro 5 euro sit'ngos, I took printscreens of them.

Will i be refunded?

Done. Regarding your cashgame question. Please share the hand ID and we'll have a look :)

@Issarah  wrote:

Hello i was disconected on that 4 sng hexapro thanks

Done.

@Andy7914  wrote:

got my refund for my sng played today... but i also played 6 4e sng yesterday were i got diconected on and of... maneged to play them to the end but impossible to say what kind of inpact that did on my games.... would be nice to get some kind of refund for them

Done.

@nashjina  wrote:

i've now had (and continue to) a total of 9 £1 hexapros fail on me

Done.

• Like 2

@nashjina wrote:

@Stubbe-Unibet are you or infact anyone dealing with customer issues? It shows you're offline and there's been no problems on this thread resolved for last few hours. Are you actually the only person dealing with issues? When will you continue to if so?

Not sure exactly what you mean with "dealing with customer issues", but the poker provider has got two guys from their poker team as well as developers working on it + the ISP (who's really the one handling the mitigation) have got a team working on it. In terms of actually dealing with contacts, we've got the CS team. I'm online from around 8:30am till 1:30am these days, but need a break once in a while.

• Like 2

@Mr-Gr33n wrote:

Hi! 

I was constantly disconnected. I kindly ask for a refund .

Here are Hexa ID - sg72cf58 and sg72cf57

Thank You! 

@Mr-Gr33n can you help me with the actual tournament ID from the hand history (a hand ID from the Hexa is fine as well). Makes it a lot easier for me. Thanks and sorry! :)

@Nat_poker18, when was this? Can you help with tournament ID's? Don't see 4 €2 SNG's, and you got compensation yesterday for the ones that were affected, as far as I can tell (the tournament history isn't perfect right now, due to the issues, hence it really helps a lot to get the ID's) :)

Appreciate the dedicated reply and obviously locking it down in the first instance would have given you the time and tools to deal with further issues and preventable measures in place to continue the running of the site days after(which is my point). At the end of the day I felt a need to share my thoughts, I will continue waiting patiently for the 2nd round of refunds.

hi there,

was in the following MTTs when it happend:

1€ falling star bounty (18157512)

2€ sputnik plo (18156067)

2€ singularity (18158095)

took the numbers from the mtts window screenshot, hope thats their id and not the hands.

thx

alias Kickpuncher5

I was disconnected from 25€ SNG. I don't know how to check tournament ID, but I took picture when "Disconnected detected" appears, and that hand ID was 1201934463. I guess you can figure out torunament ID from that?

I also was disconnected from 10€ tournament(not SNG) yesterday, but sadly I didn't take picture about that so I have no idea of ID :(

Dear @Stubbe-Unibet ,

Could it be you have missed my request earlier in this thread?

It was not part of the 15th issue. Details:

17/04/2020  - tournament ID: 18142395 

Unable to play because of these issues. No refund or more received yet.

Can you check this please?

Thank you!

@Pajt10, and I appreciate the feedback, I just disagree with some of it, for the reasons mentioned. Yes, shutting down the site could have made the refunds a bit faster, but waiving the white flag and letting the attackers win, with the only benefit being that we can do refunds a day faster (or maybe a day and a half), that's an extremely bad trade-off :) It wouldn't have helped with the mitigation measures, and again: we didn't know if it would continue (sometimes it doesn't), and taking the entire site down for days, that's not exactly going to make attacks less likely, quite the contrary.

It's easier to be wise after the event ;)

@SkateboardP wrote:

@Stubbe-Unibet your are refunding people in this threat, but you let others who are waiting like me from thursday 15 of April in the dark. I need my refund of the 3500 black hole. This is no 48 hours anymore...

Yes, because the 15th will be dealt with in bulk, and I think I've written about 15 updates on the bulk refund by now (not sure that's keeping anything in the dark). I have apologised for us not managing it within 48 hours, but as I said, the continued attacks unfortunately delayed things. I can't do thousands of refunds manually. The bulk refunds are not currently with me, but the provider, so it's not slowing down your refund that I'm helping guys who've had issues today :)

Be happy for the players who're getting their refund almost on the spot :)

• Like 1

Dear Unibet,

The same issues happened to me again as on the 15th of April... Playing at Unibet is becoming really frustrating. This is the 3rd evening this week I am experiencing technical issues from your site.

I would like to get compensation for the SNG-s I was playing; I could log back after 10 minutes, but I was really short stack then...

Tournament ID-s: 1202332807 and 1202332543.

Kind regards,

Kristóf