Poker Books

Stoned_midgetz

Hi Guys,

I have a growing collection of poker literature and i wondered if anyone could take a look at the  list of the books i own in paper/hardback and recommend some benificial / entertaining poker books.

As you can see not all of them are educational, but they can only open up different perspectives so i am always open to sensible suggestions. I do own a lot more books in ebook format but prefer to have the physical rather than the digital when it comes to literature.

My collection so far....

Harrington on Hold 'em vol 1 - Dan Harrington & Bill Robertie

Harrington on Hold 'em vol 2 - Dan Harrington & Bill Robertie

Harrington on Cash Games vol 1 - Dan Harrington & Bill Robertie

Harrington on Cash Games vol 2 - Dan Harrington & Bill Robertie

Read 'em and Reap - Phil Helmuth Jr, Joe Navaro & Marvin Karlins

Devilfish - The Life and Times of a Poker Legend - Dave 'Devilfish' Ulliott

Checkraising The Devil - Mike 'The Mouth' Matusow, Amy Calistri & Tim Lavalli

Caro's Book of Poker Tells - Mike Caro

Playing Sit-&-Go Poker as a Business - Rob Tucker

Every Hand Revealed - Gus Hansen

Phil Gordons Little Green Book

Phil Gordons Little Blue Book

Phil Gordons Little Gold Book

Play Poker Like The Pro's - Phil Hellmuth Jr

Hold'em Wisdom For All Players - Daniel Negreanu

More Hold'em Wisdom For All Players - Daniel Negreanu

although the following book is not an actual poker book, i am working my way through it attributing to poker what i can from it....

Ther Art Of War - Sun Tzu

This is the beginning of my physical collection. I do have over 100 poker ebooks including the likes of Super System, The Theory of Poker etc, which i will replace with physical copies over time.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

The path of the rightous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

+1 for Kill Everyone.

Elements of Poker by Tommy Angelo is supposed to be valuable and that's next on my list.

Zach Elwood's Reading Poker Tells is good if you play live and more up to date than Mike Caro's book, which is excellent but now flawed.

I still haven't read The Mathematics of Poker by Bill Chen but I understand that it's an excellent source on breaking down the numbers.

Moorman's Book of Poker is very good for analysis/decision making on a hand by hand basis and well worth a read.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

Awesome replies guys, exactly the kind of responses I expected to see but also taken aback by the willingness to share books and ebooks. This is one reason alone to be a member of the community. 

The path of the rightous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, @Stoned_midgetz
Nice collction 🆗
Few weeks ago Tommy Angelo started to sail his new book - PAINLESS POKER.
It looks pretty interesting. Also all physical books are autographed and you`'ll got ebook for free.
Maybe you`ll find it good enought for your collection (one copy of book for me for advise (joking))

PP-EXCERPTED-image.png.ec84f69f4f9378a4f2a422f464f2ed22.png

• 11 months later...

215784ec4b33666.jpg.3958d743d1381c55e9164007773aa9cb.jpg

Free like+ wasted time :Wink:

*multiple winners

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, a few thoughts. If your just starting ouon the poker journey I wouldnt really go for the books that are too technical or based on higher stakes as micro madness is exactly that. Ive read loads, but you tend to get bogged down in plays and concepts that just dont work in the micros. Has anyone tried Crushing the Microstakes and The Microstakes Playbook by Nathan Williams (e-book only). I think they are an excellent foundation as they are relevant to the starting levels, and  give you good basics.  I love Tommy Angelos writing, Elements of Poker and A Rubber Band Story though not really about how to play. However I was hugely disappointed with Painless Poker it should have been called Get your mind straight or somesuch. I know the mental attitude is important, but that was not for me. I do Like the Jonathan Little books but I wouldnt recommend anything older than  5 years ago although there are odd bits that have stayed with me and are still usefull. Enjoy your reading.👍

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi All,

I am going on a family break next week which will involve a long train journey and I am looking for a poker book to read.

Does anyone have any suggestions of good poker books to read as the last one I purchased was poker by the pros by Phil Hellmuth and this was a very long time ago.

Any recommendations very much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Archived