Pandemic Burnout affecting poker decisions ?

Karl

Hi everyone

Just a question to you all........

I have been finding that mentally I've started to play poker really badly, and found my accounts dwindley to zero :scared:

Have been playing pretty good earlier last year and both my Unibet &  Stars account looking heathy then ever, then as this pandemic dragged on, mentally I'm feeling like i'm howling at the moon raging with the world.

Slowly bit by bit, I've started to make more mistakes as I've gone along, before long I've found myself losing nearly all of my money in both accounts, so much so that I decided to gamble whats left and leave myself with zero and then stop playing poker for a while, like maybe 6 months.

I even stopped my Twitch stream, simply I was not enjoying both playing bad poker and showing the Twitch viewers how bad I was playing.

My game plan is to mentally get fit and then rejoin the poker pack, and hope to play on Twitch stream with a more postitve note.

So my question is to you all.........am I the only person to experience this burnout phase, am I doing right to stop playing poker and mentally get fit for poker again, and were you able to understand why you're making bad poker decisions.

I wonder if there are alot more people losing their money due to feeling pandemic burnout and not realising what was happening to them, and to be honest about it, I slowly worked out what was happening before it was too late.

Just hoping people know when to stop before they lose more money and redepositing more before the penny dropped moment.

Thanks everybody

• Like 3

Did you come to some conclusion that it was a mental reason why things were going wrong. I know that when we're happy, we play better poker, when we're unhappy we don't.

Myself....I felt like I was on a treadmill going nowhere and feeling like my mind was all foggy.

So I knew in the end that my poker decisions where all wrong, which is why a break was needed 🆒

• Like 1

WITH LACK OF ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS: DEFAULTING TO POKER AS A TIME FILLER RATHER THAN PLAYING PURPOSEFULLY LEADING TO FATIGUE?

STREAMING MAY ALSO BE A CONTRIBUTING FACTOR. CONTENT CREATION CAN BRING ITS OWN PRESSURES. STREAMLINING ACTIVITY TO POKER ONLY WHEN PRIMED TO DO SO MAY PROVIDE BETTER RESULTS.

• Like 1

I've found exactly the opposite !

In the first few months after the start of the first lockdown my funds on all my active sites were going down and down, I couldn't win anything.

In the last few months I have started winning again.

My guess is that the beginning of lockdown saw a whole new bunch of players play online for the first time, I couldn't beat them, you could.

Now they have got bored with online and are doing something else.

Were they the best of the live players, or were they complete newbies who didn't know how to play ?

Who knows.....

You're definitely not alone in this pal. The mental aspect of the game is just as, if not more important than the mathematics behind it, and this pandemic has been very hard on a lot of people. There isn't an easy answer to the mental fog you've described, but I'd suggest looking to improve your mental health rather than putting any focus on poker for the time being.

I'm always happy to chat about this, you can DM me anytime.

• Like 2