cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OliD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Has anyone else noticed the entirely abnormal amount of paired flops being dealt in Tour and Open MTTs in the past week?

statistically you are talking 17-20% odds of such a deal but I've recorded a sample in the last 24 hrs of 60%, sometimes 5 flops in a row are paired. I'm sure the shills will point out there is no reason for the deal to be abnormal but seriously, you can't argue with the HH, when you have the patience to wade through each one and find this to be the case.

it's beyond ridiculous now and seriously deviates from any norm.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Stubbe-Unibet
Unibet Poker Expert
Unibet Poker Expert

How many thousand hands are you basing this on? Or you're basing it on less than 20 hands from one tournament, where the occurrence was around 30%? You already forgot about the tournament just before that one, where the board didn't pair a single time on the flop? Smile
I can confirm there's nothing abnormal about your hand history Smile

0 Likes
OliD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Well thank you for the prompt and somewhat condescending reply. No, this was based on a sample of 24 hrs play, that is 19 tournaments, over 500 hands, 280 of which had paired flops. And no I hadn't already "forgotten" the previous flops of prior tournaments, because this was noticeable throughout the week, I only bothered to count after 6 days of thinking what the f, this isn't normal.

if you had actually bothered to read my post properly or indeed examine my actual HH before lynching me for pointing out the incredulity of many scenarios, often consectutive, I might care what you have to say, which is always the same, an absolute blind faith in your technology. I understand that, your job and company depends on it. I actually made my post to establish what other players think, not what a company employee has to say. 

0 Likes
GR1ZZL3R
Rank 25
Rank 25

@OliD OK, here's what I think. It's variance.

It Is What It Is
OliD
Rank 10
Rank 10
Ah, that old chestnut. From the shill in chief no less. I guess you spend most of your day trawling through posts made by genuine players, I wonder are you paid or affiliated to unibet? I only ask because whenever anyone raises a bonafide point of contention there you are, plain as day, like a climate change denialist, refuting what anyone has to say. I’m not sore about losing, it’s cents, truly I don’t care enough to do as you do, I think it’s sad that you feel you must have your ten penny’s worth every time. You must be paid, otherwise lead a very sad life, backing up the irrefutable.

Case in point, minutes after replying to stubbe I log in and play a 20cent tourney and guess what, it’s still exactly as I left it.

I play 13 flops, 7 of which are paired, 4 of which are consectutive.

It’s NOT normal regardless of what you say.
0 Likes
ReCorpH

Hey @OliD,

I took a look at your handhistory. Here are all the flops from the tournament you mentioned: 449, 694, 5A3, K67, Q53, A9K, 6KK, T68, A36, 797, K3K, 9K9, 855. As you said, threre was 4 consecutive paired flops. But this sample size is ridiculously small. Just to compare, here are 13 flops from your game before that:  469, JT5, TK5, 326, QKK, 785, 748, 684, 432, AA6, 7K2, 894, 48J. See how the data in this one does not support your claim? I would've listed more but unfortunately the tournament ended after one hand, last flop was 28A. Here are 13 flops from the tournament before that: Q4T, Q98, 2K5, J43, 4K6, 42T, 6Q4, 4Q2, 262464, 463, KA3, 884.

According to a fast google search, there are 19,600 different flop combinations. Do you know how many of these are paired? What is the probability of a paired flop appearing? 15%?

All of the above is explained by one word: Variance. Do you know how unlikely it is to get the exact same hand twice in a row? Yet that happens too. 

0 Likes
Livertool
Rank 25
Rank 25

Paired balls, the old chestnuts. Who has them equally hanging?  Not me, other looks like Trump while other is hanging left like Biden.

Where am i going with this some might ask, well .....

Yeah i see some sequences in poker too but hard to prove. Then again turned 29€ deposit to 20k other day when i couldn't do no wrong. That is the variance i like, how possible is that if we talk about variance?

To bet or not to bet, that is the question.
0 Likes
EatMoreNaga
Rank 13
Rank 13

The timeframe has no effect nor meaning and 500 deals is a fly's fart in the desert in poker.

OliD
Rank 10
Rank 10
Agreed, but would you want to play somewhere that thinks it’s ok for almost every other flop to be paired?

Like I said and you all seem to not notice this has been going on an established pattern for a while, not just the past 24 hrs, that’s simply the period I recorded it.

I’ve never noticed it in many years playing at Unibet, hence thinking it is new trend worth mentioning. Shoot me for being observant.
0 Likes
GR1ZZL3R
Rank 25
Rank 25

@OliD You've made your point but it's really tiresome if you have to resort to name calling if someone disagrees with your point of view. I've trawled through three posts now and up till yours there was no name calling and now you've made it one out of four, an extraordinary 25% increase in this mammoth massive huge large,  I'm struggling to come up with the right word, yes I know, miniscule, sample size.  Variance is real swingy isn't it

It Is What It Is
0 Likes