PLO Tournaments | Discussion & Suggestions

Detru

I used the search-function of this forum and found many separate threads about PLO-tournaments so I felt like opening a proper one.

I'm probably one of the most active PLO tournament player on Unibet. When the new New MTT Schedule was published I was somewhat disappointed but still gave it a try for some while. 

Why I'm disappointed? Lets's see the old and new schedule for PLO.
(I'm not looking all the lowest buy-in games, since 10e is the most common buy in atm).

OLD

DaysUTCBuy-inName of the tournamaent Guaranteed Chipstackminslevels late reg.seats per table
All17:00€ 25€250 GTD Dig Deep Omaha €           250.0010,0005126
All18:00€ 50€300 GTD Dig Deep Omaha  €           300.0010,0005126
All20:15€ 10€200 GTD Omaha Ante Crazy Bounty  €           200.0010,0001186
All21:15€ 4€100 GTD Omaha Ante Crazy Bounty  €           100.0010,0001186
All22:30€ 25€250 GTD Nightly Deepstack Turbo Omaha€           250.0070003156

NEW

DaysUTCBuy-inName of the tournamaent Guaranteed Chipstackminslevels late reg.seats per table
All15:15€ 10€100 Omaha Fireball €           100.003,000486
All16:00€ 2€100 Omaha Deep Space €           100.008,000676
All17:15€ 10€150 Omaha Fireball €           150.0010,0004146
All18:15€ 10€150 Omaha Singularity  €           150.005,0008106
All?19:45€ 10€400 Omaha Shooting Star Boynty€         

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The new schedule made the prizepools smaller, buy-ins smaller and the obvius consequence from these fields bigger. I'm not saying that bigger fields is a negative thing but after you combine all these things winning a PLO tournament doesn't reward you with many buy-ins. Or doesn't reward you with a lot of money either. You can't win over 100e (!) in any of these exept the 400e boynty one, but it is 9-max and quite deeply structured so it differs a lot from a "standard" PLO 6-max tournament. Even with that you mostly have to win in order to cash over 100e. And yes, I have won this twice.

I'm also seeing that the 400e boynty one doesn't run on Sundays? I really wonder why because it would make the most sense to run the biggest PLO tournament of the week on Sunday.

My suggestions

- Add one 25e/50e tournament from the old schedule to the new one.

- Add special PLO-tournament on some day of the week. Like Monday Omaha or Sunday Omaha with bigger buy-in and bigger guarantee.

- Modify one of the current tournaments buy-in and guarantee to a bigger one

Fear the overlay? In my experience when we just got tournaments running there was hardly never overlay.

///

Feel free to post your opinions too :Smile:

@Soljanov

I see you’re very passionate about your idea. You can perhaps tag one of the moderators. 

As they would be the best ones to decide if this should be moved to the ideas section. 

I think you did some really solid research here and have a well put together suggestion. 

The moderators upon review can decide if to pursue this PLO schedule of yours. Let your good ideas fall on the right soil buddy. 😃

Hi @Soljanov, thanks for this, we realy appreciate the feedback :) I've moved it to Idea exchange board and attracted the Poker Department's attention to your post.
As @Shoryureppa mentioned, passion and interest radiates from your post and this exactly what we need here. To make a long story short, we'll get back to you in regards to the possibility of implementing the ideas as soon as possible.

/Ray

Former Community Moderator

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe because of this thread or not today there was 31 players on the Fireball 😃

PLO.thumb.PNG.0db03d514f1574697945b9e7e883685e.PNG

Singularity has 21 players and still 30mins late reg :Thumbsup: There is definitely rising interest on these PLO events. Hope the UOS2 will attract many many players. I'm going to play all the High PLO-events, maybe hop into a rebuy medium one.

Still wondering why the 400e GTD booty one doesn't run on Sundays?

Strange how today the Fireball didn't start at all because not enough players registered :happyshy:

Singularity had only 19 runners but managed to win it though... 8 buy-ins :laugh:

You guys get it why I want to see bigger Omahas on Unibet? 🆒

PLO.PNG.fde0d272634351a9241154c74ea78fc4.PNG

I too love PLO (as might be guessed from my name) I tend to play the lower buyins - I play for fun not for money. But what I would really love is SIT & GO PLO ! Any chance of some of these, I often don't have the time to play a full tournament.

• 3 months later...

It's now five months when I opened this thread. Changes are only made to the guarantees which is fine(ish). I was just hoping a little bit more drastic like a whole new tournament like I suggested.

- First Omaha Fireball has 50€ guarantee (before 100€).
- Omaha Deep Space has remained the same
- Second Omaha Fireball has 200€ guarantee (before 100€).
- Omaha Singularity has 300€ guarantee (before 150€)
- Omaha Shooting Star Boynty has 500€ guarantee (before 400€)

I know that there are some staffing changes being made on the Unibet poker team at the moment but this still makes me a little bit unhappy. The best change is definitely the Singularity having ja 300€ guarantee with 10€ buy-in 😃

Still hoping for the changes that I listed on the first message.

Archived