Omaha SNG

Unruled7

Omaha would definitely attract more people to play SNGs. Both PLO & PLO8 would be great.

I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

@Unruled7 wrote:

Any chance get omaha sit&go tables? Or HU tables to cash?

I want to add PLO SNG, but there're other development priorities at the moment.  We have a big, long-term project coming quite soon, and when that's finished we can start going back to this kind of development schedule.

I don't want HU cash games though.  I think it kills casual players faster.  There're also problems in that the edge good players have against each other is very small, which means rake has to be much lower in order to even have winning players.  That's just too many downsides, and it's why HU cash is dying out on a lot of sites at the moment.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

PLO8 is top of my list of new game types I'd like to offer.  Our last two months have been our best for PLO, so if that trend continues through the rest of the year I'll definitely start pushing that.

O8 ist terrible because of all the split pots.

A much better introduction would be 5 Card Omaha. This is a really nice action packed game.
(look at current traffic at your biggest poker competitor and compare the amount of O8 and 5 Card Omaha tables if you need any more arguments why this is a bad idea)

I do like 5 card PLO :)

All I ever see is players asking for more O8 tourneys in the PS MTT thread on 2+2, not 5 card PLO but maybe the cash and MTT traffic is different.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

@Onemorebeerpls wrote:

A much better introduction would be 5 Card Omaha. This is a really nice action packed game.

(look at current traffic at your biggest poker competitor and compare the amount of O8 and 5 Card Omaha tables if you need any more arguments why this is a bad idea)

Not liking split pots is a reason why you don't like the game, it isn't a reason why the game is bad.

http://www.pokerscout.com/SiteDetail.aspx?site=PokerStars&ab=1560910 says that right now zero 5 card PLO tables are running compared to 23 PLO8.

@Andrew-Unibet wrote:

@Onemorebeerpls wrote:

Not liking split pots is a reason why you don't like the game, it isn't a reason why the game is bad.

http://www.pokerscout.com/SiteDetail.aspx?site=PokerStars&ab=1560910 says that right now zero 5 card PLO tables are running compared to 23 PLO8.

That is a known pokerscout bug (for whatever reason they don´t display the 5 Card Games).

At the time of my current post there are roughly four times (4x) more tables of 5 Card PLO running than O8 tables! Also most of the 5 Card tables are full while the majority of the 08 tables is only 3-4 players.

And this doesn´t even count the 5 Card Omaha Hi-Lo tables (basically a mixture of O8 and 5 Card).

And intuitively it is also the better game. A game with lots of action vs. a game where you make split pots all the time? Seems like an easy choice to me.

The only argument I can see against the introduction is that it could cannibalize current Omaha traffic. But if you are open to the introduction of O8 it becomes a no-brainer in my opinion to introduce 5 Card Omaha instead for the above mentioned reason (seriously, play it once and you will prefer it to O8 :) ) 

Additionally it could be even easier to develop (only 1 extra card needed, otherwise same rules as for regular PLO) than O8. But this is just a guess from my perspective, I could be wrong about this because I don´t have sufficient knowledge of programming. 

5 card PLO is definitely a lot more popular than O8. 5 card also has a much greater luck element which will attract recreational players. O8 is more strategic, & thus the money won't be spread around as much. Both games would be a great addition but 5 card should hold a higher priority.
I debate
Should I smile like everything's good and pretend that life is great
Or should I let the world see the real me and not hide this pain
I tried to be like the rest of y'all, sorry I just can't
I'ma probably die this way

Archived