Omaha Falling Star changes + Sputnik PLO

Greg

Hi guys!

I saw that daily Omaha Fallling Star Bounty was changed to ANTE version. Dear Unibet guys, can  you revert that change? 

This tournament is already pretty bad when it comes to playability due to being 9-handed bounty. Now with ante there is even less playing since in raised pots pot is so bloated it ends  up 5 way all-in. This is just to gambly even tough PLO is more like a gamble game.

Also, since Sputnik Omaha at 20:15 almost never starts, can we ask maybe to bring back 6-handed 10€ tournament in that place. Possible with bounty? 

• Like 4

+1

As every book on poker that has ever discussed the issue says: antes are there to encouage action, and becuase in Omaha hand values are so much closer together preflop, you don't need to encourage action. By contrast, as stacks get shorter towards the latter stages of a Hold em tournament, it's rational to take fewer risks preflop because of the the threat of domination/coolering. Adding antes to the mix makes it more rational to take those risks. That's just not necessary in Omaha

I have to say, I would love to have been at the meeting where it was decided that the PLO bounty should have antes. This is a bounty tournament (bounties = action) in omaha (omaha = action) which truly lived up to its billing as the most insanely action filled tournament. You would literally get four way all ins preflop on the first level. This was BEFORE antes were introduced.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Greg  @Pickleman 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I've been running these two, there is another one as well, daily omaha tournaments with ante structure as a test.
I think both of you are pointing out problems with this kind of setup. I was not convinced this was a  super good idea from the beginning, I'm glad you pointed this out so we can adjust back to how it should be. It will be changed back to normal tonight.

• Like 3