Offensive Username

PretzelMonies

LOL just LOL at the idea of penalizing players for the wrong alias. 🤣

If you don't want certain aliases to show up, you Unibet guys have to disallow them in the first place, plain and simple! Who knows what type of misspellings and blanks and names are going to trigger you SJWs next...???

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

You just can't ban all connotations of an offensive or swear word @WuDu, it's just not that simple given the craftiness of some players. The word of origin is indeed banned, by us, Unibet guys though. We're not trying to segregate anybody but don't tell me that you don't see anything wrong with YouFaaagot and we could go on with more examples.

• Like 1
Former Community Moderator

Are people really offended by some of these usernames? sh1thole is a perfect example of something that uses a word that can be used offensively but as an alias just sounds like that's what the player that's using the alias is. It could just be a statement about the players feelings towards planet earth for all we know :) At least the one DaVitche posted for example is attempting to be personal. Swear words and racial/gender/anything else phobic words should really be classed as two different things.

I also don't understand why the filtered word list doesn't have simple letter/number combos in it. It's not too hard to work out which letters in offensive words can be replaced with numbers and filter them too. It would make more sense to have the filters be hyper sensitive to these things and have people post about how they wanted to use drumsh1tter as an alias and it doesn't work, be told it contains a combination of numbers/letters that triggers the filter and to use one of the other trillion or so combinations of numbers/letters/symbols as an alias.

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@deanspleen09, :laugh: cheers for the report, but...maybe it's the guy/gal's actual name, wouldn't necesarily call it ofensive either..., am I being a bit too soft on these aliases? Also found a read about the name here, had a good laugh over it, especially with the "similar names".

/Ray

Former Community Moderator