Offensive Username

PretzelMonies

@Silver1 wrote:

What’s your point? That I did wrong in posting the name as offensive? I think that names like those (drug related) are offensive, at least that is my oppinion. Any way, peace out dude.

My point is that, obviously, you don't understand what "offensive" means. There are a few guys here who have the very same problem, however you're taking it to the top!

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu and @Silver1, let's try and stay courteous guys. There are these gray areas in which it's debatable if a username is offensive or not. I know that people get offended by different stuff, but this particular username doesn't look like something we would touch. What we usually react to are direct offenses to a person or something that can be considered as offensive without the shadow of a doubt or interpretation. Now as much as I would love to enumerate some of the cases that slipped through and this is one of them, I won't :) for obvious reasons. Anyhow, cheers for reporting and keep them coming.

/Ray

• Like 3
Former Community Moderator

@WuDu dude, relax. It’s even Christmas time:) To be honest I am really not interested in getting involved in a internet ❤️♥️❤️ storm with you. If my involvement in this thread bothers you that much I will do you the favor and not post any more in this thread. Your feedback is, in this case, so far from constructive so I can be without it.

@RayL No problems:) I have misssd out on what is and is not a offensive username. Understand that there is a gray zone. It would be nice if the profile/alias registration took care of the identification of the “offensive usernames” and stoped those from being created.

• Like 1

Fun fact:

In the Unibet client, "a s s h o l e" is allowed but "anus" is forbidden! :laugh:

• Like 2
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@Sabrinutza cheers for the report :) It's debatable how offensive this one is, "bibich" although it might insinuate a female from the canine species, we are missing a "t" there's an extra "bi" there. We'll let this one slide.

/Ray

@RayL wrote:

@Sabrinutzacheers for the report :) It's debatable how offensive this one is, "bibich" although it might insinuate a female from the canine species, we are missing a "t" there's an extra "bi" there. We'll let this one slide.

/Ray

Bibich is something cute in French slang iirc, or something similar. Not sure how offensive. A lot of them are often lost in translation, but there are for sure some of them that are just trying to be edgy. This one is from yesterday's stream.

I would love Unibet to give them warnings, and when seen ignoring decency multiple times, take away the ability of these players to chose their aliases freely.

dede74a2ffb0ef5048b183ae405217fd.png.029b8c7ebf874b3af2abe4005b9e8e63.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the report on this one @DaVitsche, definitely a no go! The alias has been removed and I like the idea of a warning to be honest. I'll contact the local CS team and have them draft a warning e-mail. Not sure how we are going to penalize though if further abuse happens as taking away the possibility to take away aliases might involve development resources, work hours etc. I get where you are coming from though, thanks for the report and keep 'em coming :)
  • Like 1