New ticket exchange policy and schedule.

RayL

@Betzcom as they are trying to reduce the splitting up, to get more players to play the target, I doubt they will do multi entry :)

If you have 2x250, then just play one of them :) Don't be a nit! :D

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@VikingsAF What are you talking about? The point was to relieve support and the community mods of a lot of really badly optimized extra work, and at this point it became an urgent necessity. If they wanted players to be forced in the finals they probably would have stopped it altogether but they didn't. Reducing the exchanges only forces people to take a break until they can resume playing, which ends up in them playing the final being delayed more, which is fine, just doesn't do what you're saying. Btw, are the finals really struggling to get players? UK tour gets loads of players, sunday uo gets loads of players, supernova gets loads of players since the satties started pumping players, Sputnik, Milky Way, Odyssey get the players. Only one that I've seen have issues lately is the Wednesday UO finals, no idea why cause it's a really good game, doesn't struggle every week tho. There are some traffic problems at the lower than final levels, but that's not because people aren't forced to play them, but because the formats aren't attractive enough for more people to join IMO. 

• Like 8

@Betzcom Multi buy in wouldnt work, as prizes are set, If it was multi buy you would still only get one ticket broke down.

This system of breaking down tickets was chosen because it works within the current system without any additional programming.

In a twitch channel a long long time ago there used to be an everyone wins  freeroll where there were 100xtixs awarded and it just payed out every entrant a prize whether there was 1 or 100 entrants(this was put into action because it took ages to manually award twitch giveaways) and this is where the idea came from for this form of tix exchange, Its a simple solution that doesnt require months of development but is limited to how it is because its working within the existing framework.

• Like 5
You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

@JeppeL

Thank you for clearing that up.

Up until April 16th, is it possible for me to package smaller tickets (which I gained via the ticket exchange) into a ticket for the target tournament? Like 10* 5 Milky way tickets into a 50 Euro Milky Way ticket?

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@VikingsAFwrote:

@Betzcom as they are trying to reduce the splitting up, to get more players to play the target, I doubt they will do multi entry :)

If you have 2x250, then just play one of them :) Don't be a nit! :D

I agree, but when Unlibet give possibility exchange  live events tickets i always want to get 3 Big value tickets to play for package... for players with small bankroll or without it it's good oportunity to get chance  fun on live events. Before that i dont't think about live events...now maybe in summer try it one of them  +  vacations  time.  Without this exchange  this qualifiers  doesn't exists for me.

Splitting big value MTTs  is  good idea, for players who won tickets on Unibet site, streams(maybe put flag on this tickets: 100 Supernova Promotional)...  ie. 100E, 50E  when the usual their buy-ins are 1-2E,  give them oportunity to play 5-10 MTT  for 10E instead... Exchange to lower values is  too much for me. Tell me one thing ... Whar are chances for recreaction player to get paid place in Supernova, when their hands are sweating in 10euro stakes, which is equivalent day salary ie.  Ukraine  :)  I currently tried no deposit any money on  any site , I have ban to 1 May after that i'll start  hard :)  Unibet is great ... give oportunity fun/teach  poker  for free,  not only poker in fact ... 

• Like 4
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

@JeppeL

1. How long will expiry be on UO €250, €50 & €10 earned after 16 April? (Currently 6months, 1month, 1 month)
  2. Will there be any way of extending tickets that are going to expire?
  3. Will there be any way of bringing tickets back that have expired?
  4. Don't you think it would be a good idea to email EVERYONE who has these tickets to tell them? (I only found this thread by accident)

Regards

v

• Like 1
vixere * 18.7k hands
VPIP 45% | RFI 40% | 3B 21%
steal 100% | RaiseSBlimp 100%

Are ticket extensions / revivals that many requests? Seemed like they're just a tiny % of the total, and with the expiration dates being longer, that % would be even smaller. Sometimes unforeseen circumstances end up in people not being able to play when they thought they could, stuff like health problems, or qualifying to live events but other stuff as well that maybe people didn't plan on. And losing tickets is essentially losing money. Maybe at least keep revival of tickets as an option on the community and refuse it if someone just constantly does it, or say that these tickets will not be revived a 2'nd time, so they have to use them, not just constantly revive them, wouldn't actually be necessary to check every time, just telling them would probably be enough to make them think that it won't happen 😏 . I think it's a nice service to offer that would happen very rarely (hopefully only in extraordinary cases) which other sites leave a really bad experience for their customers by not doing it and basically saying your money is my money now ❤️♥️❤️ to the player. Especially since players are used to this service and it will take a while until this news gets to them. @DavidP_Unibet

Maybe not do it anymore for freeroll tickets since those are probably a decent % of the requests as well, like double trouble. But there's a reason why people keep having to revive those, bad timing for a decent amount of players, the reason should be tackled for those, at some point I guess.

LE: Usually when someone loses a ticket do to it expiring for some reason they will create a support case anyway, on any site, so support will have to deal with the case anyway even if it's just telling the player they refuse, and then responding to multiple e-mails of that player being ouraged that his money is just getting taken like that. And besides with larger expiration dates less chances that it even happens in the first place so might not be that bad.

• Like 4

@JeppeLwrote:

• All tickets credited before 16th April will have a new expiry date of July 31st.

@JeppeL

Please tell me that this is a mistake.

I have 2 x €250 UO sat tickets that have an expiry of September. I'd be very unhappy if they got changed to July :waterfall::waterfall:

Regards

v

vixere * 18.7k hands

@JeppeL Before you change anything, you could ask your customers in the community, rather than put before the fact. I will not say whether the new system is good or bad, because I do not fully understand how it will work. I agree that it's better to switch the exchange of tickets to automated mode, but I have some questions:

1. What do players who have tickets have 250 uo (or another equivalent) and the expiration date, for example, in August?
2. What should the players do if they want to split the ticket 50 uo (or another equivalent) for example for 25 tickets for 2 euros, if the tournament I understand so will be one?

3. Сan I split them for the last time before April 16?

• Like 1

@Merenitsu

A group of players most of whom have been exchanging tixkets since day one of being allowed to change them had a long coversation with the poker manager regarding changes before anything was decided.

1. Not sure on the 250s but the plan was for all smaller tixs to have longer expirys, UO250s already have a very long use by date on them.

2. You would need to change a 50 to 2s in 2 steps, play a 50 to 5x10 then play a 10 to 5x2.

3. Exchanges are still allowed by the old system till the 16th.

Somrthing had to be changed, The tix exchanges started off with just a couple of changes being done a day on 2+2 as an added bonus, Then as time went on it got busier and busier and by the time the community took it on it just sky rocketed in the number of changes and is basically a full time job for someone how it is now.

Rather than just stopping tix exchanges(remember no other sites lets you break down tixs) Unibet discussed with players if there was a solution that would reduce all the work and work in the current system and this is the best solution discussed and a lot better than 0 exchanges or @RayL being chained to a desk changing tixs for the next 30 years.

I am sure as time goes on the system will evolve into something where most people will be able to work with it including Unibet staff(most because no way you make everyone happy all the time) and any problems will be ironed out.

Its also already been mentioned that if there are exceptional circumstance Unibet will work with the players regarding expired tixs and other problems that pop up, as we all have things that come up that makes us put poker on the back burner.

• Like 3

@WuDu wrote:

@JeppeL

Thank you for clearing that up.

Up until April 16th, is it possible for me to package smaller tickets (which I gained via the ticket exchange) into a ticket for the target tournament? Like 10* 5 Milky way tickets into a 50 Euro Milky Way ticket?

@WuDu I'll inquire about that with the poker team, we agreed that we wanted to be as helpful and flexible as possible in the buffer period, so I'll check if we can make execptions as described.

/Jeppe

• Like 1
Former Community Manager

@JeppeL

Last question.

I have my UO tickets because I grinded them up from the initial free ticket for creating an account and split them and grinded them, etc, etc. #thinbrag If it is not possible to do more splits in a week and/or extend the odd ticket sometimes then I'm going to see tickets expire and that's not good - I can't play every week and I haven't had to. Also because of other changes I haven't been able to play a €250 for weeks since I won a Malta package - the €250 tickets I have are losing time value. That was never a problem when you could extend them. It is a problem if we won't be able to.

Ever since I joined Unibet I could extend or split tickets, first on 2+2 then on here. It was part of the program. It was the way it was. I would never have invested the time and effort in the Unibet promotion and the Unibet Open promotion, building up a store of Unibet Open tickets if I'd thought it was going to change. It's one huge, long, ongoing promotion and you're changing the way it operates part way through.

So my question is:

Can I please cash out my tickets? or can you continue to extend them for me?

Thank you

Regards

v

vixere * 18.7k hands

@Merenitsuwrote:

@JeppeL Before you change anything, you could ask your customers in the community, rather than put before the fact. I will not say whether the new system is good or bad, because I do not fully understand how it will work. I agree that it's better to switch the exchange of tickets to automated mode, but I have some questions:

1. What do players who have tickets have 250 uo (or another equivalent) and the expiration date, for example, in August?

2. What should the players do if they want to split the ticket 50 uo (or another equivalent) for example for 25 tickets for 2 euros, if the tournament I understand so will be one?

3. Сan I split them for the last time before April 16?

I agree with @Merenitsu an automated system makes sense. But it is unfair to make the new system more difficult and less flexible. People started playing these, and have continued to play them with the (very helpful) options to split and extend and revive tickets. It's unfair when people have built up a bank of tickets to change the rules.

• Like 1
vixere * 18.7k hands

@vixere The system has altered many times in the last 3 years, Its always been an added bonus.

If a 250 was about to expire, all you would need to do is play a 250 to 5x50 tix exchange game to add extra time.

If you can come up with a system that doesnt involve it being a fulltime job for someone and doesnt require months of development time then I am sure Unibet will listen.

Think you really need to try the new system and give it a chance before requesting all your tix be turned to cash.

I have been changing tixs for at least 3 years and this change effects me a lot but it was obvious just looking at the ticket exchange thread that it couldnt carry on like that, I think a fair middle ground solution has been found and a lot better alternative than there being no tix exchanges at all.

• Like 2

@pinki, I completly understand the wish to split big MTT tickets to smaller generic ones especially if u have a limmited br but also if u are a cah player etc, thing is it would not be doeble, the reason the promotions, satelites and giveaways excist is to promoto the majors and a possibility to exchange to genric tickets would end up in tons of players grinding nova satelites and then freerolling all the mtts. 

Since you havent paid anything for the ticket its not like you loose 100 eur if you dont cash either, look at it as a possibility to take a shot for free in a tourney that could give your br big boost, bcs it is accualy not unlikely at all that you will cash. I myself tryed to exchange my first nova ticket a couple month ago since I barely tryed the 25 euros, but I couldent exchange it and then another player  here who played mainly 2-10 eur told me that only played it once after winning a ticket and ended up in second place! and I cashed it 2/7 times so far so its definatly possible for low stakes players :)

"Standard expiry date will change on some bonuses so that players have more time to complete bonuses they unlock after April 16th"

Why only on some I am wondering, and which ones will be affected by what extend? All I know is that currently playthrough bonuses have a 5x wagering requirement, but not even sure if it's 60 or 90 days valid time?  o.O

was saving up for the €500 bonus until now, but i guess i don't need to bother anymore if bonuses can't be extended in the future :(

@vixere wrote:

@JeppeL

Last question.

I have my UO tickets because I grinded them up from the initial free ticket for creating an account and split them and grinded them, etc, etc. #thinbrag If it is not possible to do more splits in a week and/or extend the odd ticket sometimes then I'm going to see tickets expire and that's not good - I can't play every week and I haven't had to. Also because of other changes I haven't been able to play a €250 for weeks since I won a Malta package - the €250 tickets I have are losing time value. That was never a problem when you could extend them. It is a problem if we won't be able to.

Ever since I joined Unibet I could extend or split tickets, first on 2+2 then on here. It was part of the program. It was the way it was. I would never have invested the time and effort in the Unibet promotion and the Unibet Open promotion, building up a store of Unibet Open tickets if I'd thought it was going to change. It's one huge, long, ongoing promotion and you're changing the way it operates part way through.

So my question is:

Can I please cash out my tickets? or can you continue to extend them for me?

Thank you

Regards

v

@vixere I can certainly appreciate that you've built up a bankroll within the satellite system and we have no intention of taking that away from you :) We're most certainly here to help, so should the tickets you describe start to expire even after we add the longer dates on April 16th, just give us a heads up here :)

/Jeppe

• Like 1
Former Community Manager

@Tillus The bonus were never meant to be bought with the intent of extending them infinitely until you can clear them. That's why there are different tiers, you get the one you can clear with your current volume. That being said sometimes things that you can't control happen and your plan gets messed up, so 1 exchange per bonus in special circumstances would be good. If you do it for every bonus then you shouldn't be allowed anymore, get bonuses that fit your schedule. 

@jonny2192 I hear you. Not just in this reply but in your other ones. You're a fan. I understand. TBH I wish I was less disagreeable than I naturally am :)

I really like the support we get from @JeppeL and the other support guys. Which is why I always try to be super polite and constructive when possible.

I expect the company to honour it's obligations, legal, moral ethical - all of them. It's just business. Which is why they have the promotions. Nobody made Unibet split or extend tickets - they did it to get more business with great customer service and it's a success.  They can deal with that success. It's a good problem to have. But it's still their problem. Not mine or yours.

Peace out :peace:

v

• Like 1
vixere * 18.7k hands

@triceraatopp

You have absolutely right 👼 maybe if the players had the status : Beginner in system until they spent ie. 200 Euros in all poker games those exchange are  more sensible.  For me now is ok,  only live events ticket and no discussion :) 

• Like 1
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

I'm more than happy with the new arrangments. I can still break my satty tickets down quite easily and if it allows some poor sod in the Unibet offices to do something more productive than breaking down tickets all day long then I'm all for it. Unibet is still very unique in that they allow this in the first place and I'm very appreciative of that.

• Like 2

Why the expiration date is not longer? End of year, end of 2020 etc. And biggest question is why the tickets must expire? Maybe issue them without expiration date and it will make life little easier for everyone :)

the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist