New rakeback changes

bckgamon

Hi

So I do not know if this is only for danish players or not, or the overalll rakeback has been heavily reduced for all players, but I dont quite understand this.

If I read the new danish law correctly, which was implemented at the start of the year, it is that you can't offer bonuses for over 1000DKK (130EUR) to your customers. That was the reason why last quarter was reduced to basically nothing, since you havent come out with a new system to work around it.

Now its quarter 2, and the new system is in place, but I still see a lot of bonusses over 1000DKK, just way way lower than last year. It seems like you found a reason to lower the rakeback for danish players (at least), but just didnt follow the law? And then why can't we still participate in the leaderboards?

So what's up with that?

@bckgamon, the Danish regulator provided us with more detailed guidelines after the Q1 loyalty system was put in place. The loyalty system does not fall under the bonus definition today, if the rakeback % is flat. So we can now have payouts of more than 1000DKK, but it comes with other limitations; the main one being that the rakeback % can't increase.
The loyalty system will depend on the jurisdiction. In other markets it's unchanged.

Check the latest poker release notes. Have a look at our poker promotions

@Stubbe-Unibet 

Ok. Makes some sense. What are the current rakeback %? And what about upping the base rakeback for danish players then, since we cant get to that higher rakeback % or particiapte in leaderboards. Not saying the maximum rakeback % should be the new base rakeback, but somewhere in the middle. Some low volume grinders will get more rakeback than they used to, but the high volume grinders (like me) will get less. That would make sense and be fair.

@bckgamon, no, sorry, the RB % is decreasing once you reach the 500k. It's 20 % until then.

It's a business decision to keep it at this level, and we'll be monitoring the changes. The Q2 loyalty system won't change, but it's not impossible we'll make further adjustments in Q3.

@Stubbe-Unibet

So this is the best loyalty program you can offer danish players, when there shouldnt be a reason not offer something similiar like other countries? I have probably been one of the most active and raking players the last couple of years and actually feel kind of pissed on right now.

I love Unibet, but this is not the way to treat you most loyal customers.

@bckgamon, I'm afraid so. A lot of things have an impact here. The gambling tax in Denmark is high, and we can't deduct the promo spend from the gross win that is taxed. Giving 50% (or even more) rakeback simply isn't a viable business model in Denmark (we've also got the supplier fee, additional promo costs, regular operating costs etc. etc.).

The alternative is to offer a jurisdiction specific rake, as we'd then avoid the taxation issue, but that's not technically an option today.

I totally get your frustration, and I'd feel the same, if I was in your shoes. Hopefully we manage to find a solution in the future :)

• 1 month later...
I can confirm that for Belgian players it has changed to 0 % rakeback. 0% !! Nothing. Be happy you still get something. I played on Unibet for over 10 years but i'm cashing out now. Maybe we meet again some day Unibet, until then ... goodbye !

@joo1970 wrote:

Hello

Iknow belgium players can not get rakeback and what about dutch players?

let me know thks

@joo1970, Sweden, Denmark and Belgium are currently the countries with a different loyalty setup (Sweden and Belgium completely without loyalty for the time being)