Happy 2018 all!
As one of my own resolutions this year will be to post more on the community site (more likely to stick to than joining a gym), I wanted to start a thread to see if anyone had any poker-related new year resolutions? I seem to remember I once had a resolution to close my laptop for 30 seconds and breath after particularly horrific bad beats but somehow it never stuck...
I hope to apply myself a bit better to the game by doing the following....
1. I have never read a poker book or done any serious online studying so I plan to read at least one book
2. Drink less while playing poker, I like to kid myself I can do both at once but I suspect I really can't
3. Play some live poker at my local casino... I have never played other than online and suspect this would be a big disadvantage should I ever...
4. qualify to play in a UK or UO event
Happy pokering in 2018 everyone
My volume goal for 2018 is to play 2000 online MTTs and 4 live events. Other than that, I want to make a solid study plan to improve as a player, and have fun while doing it. And I have the resolution to beg the Unibet people for some giveaways for my Twitch channel
this year i am trying to become a poker player
off to a rought start got a few bad beat
and i am out of work fore god knows how long
going to play fore free as mutch as i cant an recrut new players (hopfuly)
eat better ,quit drinking
whish u guys the best
ty unibet fore a gr8 poker site
1. Only play when I feel up to it and not for the sake of it (most important)
2. Become a more trusted and supportive member of this community through posts on here and support on twitch.
3. Have a go at streaming on twitch myself.
4. I had my most profitable year in 2017 since 2013 so beating that again, hopefully!
5. Play a decent event in at least 3 live venues I have never been to before. (Hoping Unibet UK Tour can help me with this as I have never been Glasgow or Brighton).
6. Qualify for a UO.
Tempted to put some volume or points based goals but feel like that is going to make me stray from my number one point.
Good luck all.
Great question! Mine is to...
Have a mindset to play every hand optimally and fearlessly.
A short sentence which needs further explanation:
I will admit to being a long way from being there, but that is my goal.
To help me with this I am going to get more sleep, and I will be using Flopzilla to get a much stronger feel for my equity v the pot odds. I will also be spending time improving my focus.
I haven't got specific financial goals as my profit will depend on how I run in tournaments, especially live ones, and this brings in a lot of volatility to the results not directly related to how well I've played. If I manage to follow the above then I would hope the results will look after themselves. And if not, then bankroll management will keep me safe.
I haven't got specific volume goals, other than to make time to play more online tournaments and to try to play a live tournament at least 10 times during the year.
Here is my resolution... and that sticks until july at least, thanks to unibet Tools for tool.
Maybe i´ll regret it when community offers another poker freerolls, but then again, haven´t won anything from them anyways. Except freebet for not getting in the money
If i get urge for poker, i´ll just hit in to casino and play live games, tired of the internet poker