New Poker client - Some Mac issues

Husmusen82

Hi,

Since I'm using the Mac version of the client, I figured sharing some issues that I specifically encounter could be useful. For me personally the new client (so far) has been a bit of bad news after Unibet V1 was actually doing great in the end. With a high end computer it looked good and ran smooth. I understand the need to move on to a less resource intensive platform though, so I guess I'll just have to wait it out a little until the software reaches stable waters. A few issues I currently encounter, worst ones first:

-Client completely shutting down at random. Luckily it does not happen often, but I'd say at least once every longer session I play.

-Client disconnecting even though my internet connection is superb and stable. Waiting for reconnection never works. By instantly recognizing this I usually manage to force quit the client and quickly restart in order to not miss important decisions. Unfortunately upon restart, all tables show up non-tiled and messed up so it is a bit of a challenge to get to the most important decisions fast. Yesterday this happened in the middle of a hand where I had raised a flopped set in a 3b pot only to be able to return a second before I was about to fold to a shove. Luckily I managed to quickly click call and win vs an overpair. 

-Tiling tables basically does not work. On full hd resolution only four tables per screen sort of works (size works, positioning still needs adjustment), six tables is a totally wrong mess (tables way too big and overlapping). Manually resizing is possible, but difficult to guess the right size beforehand and on top of that the client does not remember the adjusted size for future tables...

-Currently, when multitabling, the only table that is active is the last one to pop up requiring action. This means, that every other table requiring action needs to be clicked first in order to be able to either bet or fold, which in the long run is quite annoying. In this context, using the 'fold to any' button always requires two clicks.... It would be really welcome if hovering the mouse over a table would automatically make it the active table. I might end up with some serious RSI otherwise :). 

-Graphics quality is low if not used at an extremely large table setting. It's playable, but quite retro looking... lol. Scaling for some reason is hurting the image quality.

I'm sure there's a few minor other things I don't recall at the moment, but I guess these are my main issues for now. Hope they can be sorted out in the near future :).

Thanks!

Husmusen82

-

Hi @Husmusen82

I m using a mac as well and I m experiencing the very same problems like you. 

Crushes out of nowhere, just from one second to another all the tables are gone. I always have to reopen the client, retype the login details and all the tables are nowhere near their original place. 

I m using two connected monitors (IMac + normal screen). I place 4 tables on the IMac screen and 2-4 (mostly 6tabling) tables on the added screen. 

What do you do with the client window? I have it minimized in most cases, but I didn´t experience any difference when I have it open all the time.

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.

Hey! Thanks for your reply.

I use two screens as well, both with 4 tables now. On the old software I did 6 and 4 but that doesn't seem properly doable now, especially given the crashes and having to reconfigure all the time. I also have the client either minimized or on the background. Would be nice to also hear from a Windows user if the same things happen there, or if these issues are Mac client specific.

Regards

In windows version main problem is some crashes when you open tables, but it is playable.

Mac version is worst poker software that i ever seen. I write about all the same problems 100 times, but unibet doesnt do anything good with mac version. So i play in windows now :(

@Sweeedeeen wrote:

In windows version main problem is some crashes when you open tables, but it is playable.

Mac version is worst poker software that i ever seen. I write about all the same problems 100 times, but unibet doesnt do anything good with mac version. So i play in windows now :(

That's because of how we have to prioritise.  If it takes equal amount of time to fix the same bug in Mac as in PC, we prioritise the second because it affects more people.

It doesn't quite work like that because of how our codebase works, if we fix PC bugs, it generally fixes Mac bugs too.  So what's left are Mac-exclusive bugs.  One of the items at the top of the priority list are some Mac crashes, so hopefully there'll be improvements in the release next month.

Former head of poker @ Unibet

@Andrew

You must understand that the main problem in mac os version is not in the crash (by the way mac os client restarts fast because tables opens instantly), but the graphics and table prioritization so bad.

due to poor graphics, even for people with good eyesight quickly tired eyes, and due to table prioritization impossible to play. You must click on the table, then bet size without correct scrolling, then the you need make move, and in this time even more parallel tables pop ups and you must click click click... it is annoying. 

I can not understand why the developers did not notice it. It is all not hidden bugs, this is what can be seen immediately, run the client enough to play 2 minutes and you see all this problems. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived