New MTT Schedule teaser thread

DavidP_Unibet

This is the first official confirmation of a date for the new MTT schedule and my plan is to slowly tease some info in this thread. If you're particularly demanding then I'll tease at a faster pace :)

So, on 2nd October we will launch a whole new MTT schedule. My first tease is that the schedule will have a theme, and the following image is a clue. The first player to correctly guess the theme will will win 1,000 bonus points.

theme.PNG.80c6cfc2536e1c7f7c2af71a97fc405c.PNG

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you finally legitimizing the step-it-ups like Roose Bolton legitimized Ramsey?

@MoreTBC

This ain't Lionel Ritchie, bro...:laugh:

Theme for the new schedule is: "HANDS OFF- We didn't change anything at all. LOL at getting your hopes up..."

We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

Famous people with moustaches?

• Groucho Marx mid day bounty
  • Tom Selleck deepstack turbo
  • Hulk Hogan ante mtt
  • Charlie Chaplin flipament
  • Freddie Mercury sunday entitled
  • Burt Reynolds saturday stack
You can exchange UO tickets again all is unicorns and rainbows in Unibet land.

@MathrimC Is correct, the new schedule follows a space theme. The avatar above is Neil deGrasse Tyson, American astrophysicist and face of the 'badass over here' meme :)

Next question offers 1,000 bonus points for each part answered correctly.

We will have a Sunday major for the first time. What will be:

- the buyin

- the guarantee

- the name

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

@DavidP_Unibet wrote:

@MathrimC Is correct, the new schedule follows a space theme. The avatar above is Neil deGrasse Tyson, American astrophysicist and face of the 'badass over here' meme :)

Next question offers 1,000 bonus points for each part answered correctly.

We will have a Sunday major for the first time. What will be:

- the buyin 250e

- the guarantee 10,000e

- the name canis major

@KrustyTheClown wins 1,000 bonus points for correctly guessing the guarantee first (€20,000) but nobody has guess the buyin or name correctly yet.

If somebody does suggest what we feel is a better name for any of the tournaments that I mention in this thread then we're open to change too. So in theory one of you could rename the Sunday Major in this thread...

― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

@DavidP_Unibet wrote:

@KrustyTheClown wins 1,000 bonus points for correctly guessing the guarantee first (€20,000) but nobody has guess the buyin or name correctly yet.

If somebody does suggest what we feel is a better name for any of the tournaments that I mention in this thread then we're open to change too. So in theory one of you could rename the Sunday Major in this thread...

Jeej! :)

00Robot00 is my current alias :)

I will make a guess and add my reasonings behind them. :]

- the buyin: 50€ (Just tempted to make a bet for a lower bin that does not not cover the GTD in bins/re-buys at start, but the lost money be covered from advertisement sector here to get the bigger money players come to the site as well.)
- the name: Corona (Often described as the crown around the Sun -> crown tournament. I know you can only make one bet here so I use Corona, other ones free to pick to use is like Aurora a more beatiful name revolving around the Sun)

Sunday Supernova and once every quarter a Sunday Supernova Elite with a free ticket for peope who reached a certain challenge point goal would be a pretty good needle.

And there should a Boba Fett avatar to play intergalactic bounty MTTs, but I'm guessing that would cost Unibet a lot of royalties.

The Monday Moon, Tuesday Mars, Wednesday Mercury, Thursday Jupiter, Friday Venus, Saturday Saturn and Sunday Sun would be etymologically accurate :geek:

@whereisrivaldo guessed the name correctly ; 'The Big Bang'.

@jonny2192 guessed the buyin correctly; €100.

Thoughts on the name? It was a suggestion from @DavidLappin which we quite liked, it's a pretty big event so seemed fitting for our first Sunday major :)

I think taking the Supernova and Supernova Elite names would be a bit of a needle too far... ;)

I'll drop some more info in here over the course of the day. For now I can say that there will be two new blind structures in the new schedule, both featuring antes from the start and both offering very smooth transitions between levels.

― Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Like the name makes me think more of the tv series than astronony though, should have 3 lives as Sheldon always knocks 3 times.

Will the UK and UO sats all stay the same or are we expecting changes there aswell?
Presuming there will be MTT promo next month to get things going.

Hoping the new schedule goes well and brings in lots of new players :)
alias: jonny2192

Archived