New €200 tournament (highroller) and what more ??

Leo-Unibet

We will within a few weeks start running a weekly €200 buyin tournament named "BigBang" , the name could change if you come up with some better name 😃
This tournament will run with a very limited qualifier path from low stake to the €200-ticket, but there will be some.

What more do you think we should change/add for the interesting season we have ahead of us, this is the best time of the year to do changes incerease guarantees etc etc , so all suggestions are welcome. As you know we have limitations in what setups we can use, but if I can spot something cool suggested in here I will definitely consider add/changing  that to the schedule. 
Thanks!!    

• Like 12

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A weekly plo ‘main event’ with qualifier path. (Current sat path already fine) Doesn’t have to be high buyin but I miss the €25 entry Omaha weekly event that used to on Unibet. 

Big guarantee on a Sunday that has a start flight every day of the week of a low buyin (€10?) You can enter multiple flights if you don’t get through each day to carry chips forward to Sunday day 2. (Might need a day 3 haha).

edit - I look forward to this new high roller sounds good!

• Like 4

Please bring back the 20:05 Omaha freeroll.

Low buyin UO qualifiers in the morning

Reversed exchangers ( in where you can exchange your 4*€1 tickets to 1*€4 ticket and so on)

General cash game ticket rewards which can be used both Omaha or Holdem cash games

Don't allow ITM places which pay out less money then the buyin. Add the chunk to the previous place.

Add the challenge points to your account of the ticket's value if your ticket was expired.

• Like 2

@MetalWolf wrote:

A weekly plo ‘main event’ with qualifier path. (Current sat path already fine) Doesn’t have to be high buyin but I miss the €25 entry Omaha weekly event that used to on Unibet. 

Big guarantee on a Sunday that has a start flight every day of the week of a low buyin (€10?) You can enter multiple flights if you don’t get through each day to carry chips forward to Sunday day 2. (Might need a day 3 haha).

Yep, PLO deep impact. 25€ re-entry. 👍

• Like 3

Would rather see some love for rebuys. Even weekly 25€ rebuy with some promotion is likely to get bigger sustainable prizepool which is more accessible for lower stake players. Daily 25€ rebuy with huge Sunday edition should really be no-brainer, sites with less / similar player pools run them each day with 5-10k prizepools even on summer and wintertime they usually get like 20k€ prize pools for Sundays.

That being said, I am not completely against 200€ highroller. Maybe not for Sunday really, there's lots to play then but do it Tuesday stuff (which is usual high roller day) and have some 10+r satellites (maybe 1/day and 3 in Tuesday) and 25 re-entries (mostly on Tuesdays) which can be accessed via tickets might work rather well once summer season is over.

• Like 1

@MetalWolf wrote:

Nice ides @MetalWolf  but at this point not technically possible, I investigate !

• Like 1

@psrquack wrote:

@psrquack 

Please bring back the 20:05 Omaha freeroll.

Freerols is something you can see changes the most going forward, it's a living element

Low buyin UO qualifiers in the morning

Will have a loow at that nex week, ty

Reversed exchangers ( in where you can exchange your 4*€1 tickets to 1*€4 ticket and so on)

Hmmmm. that needs some thinking :-)

General cash game ticket rewards which can be used both Omaha or Holdem cash games

That wouldn't be impossible, @Stubbe-Unibet  what do you say?

Don't allow ITM places which pay out less money then the buyin. Add the chunk to the previous place.

That only happens in "special" tournaments like crazy bounty or simular, no regular/normal tournament have the issue.

Add the challenge points to your account of the ticket's value if your ticket was expired.

It needs some development, can't say when something like that could happend, very low priorized since it raerly never happens, compar to the number of tickets that are given out. 

@Farseer wrote:

Would rather see some love for rebuys. Even weekly 25€ rebuy with some promotion is likely to get bigger sustainable prizepool which is more accessible for lower stake players. Daily 25€ rebuy with huge Sunday edition should really be no-brainer, sites with less / similar player pools run them each day with 5-10k prizepools even on summer and wintertime they usually get like 20k€ prize pools for Sundays.

That being said, I am not completely against 200€ highroller. Maybe not for Sunday really, there's lots to play then but do it Tuesday stuff (which is usual high roller day) and have some 10+r satellites (maybe 1/day and 3 in Tuesday) and 25 re-entries (mostly on Tuesdays) which can be accessed via tickets might work rather well once summer season is over.

@Farseer  Maybe replace the 21:00 CET €10-€2,500 Titan on sundays with a 25-€7,500 Titan, with intention to drive the interest upp to a 10K tournament

Thursday is the day for the highroller, that are as true as the church visit is on a Sunday 

@BluffMeista wrote:

Well sir, I wouldn’t like to be in one of these high rollers and get another server crash. I know they’re not common, but still food for thought. 

@BluffMeista  You shouldn't worry aboout that. We run thousands of tournament every week and it's very rare we having server crashes. If we do, all players will be refunded accordingly. 🆗 

- more tournaments after midnight - especially turbos and superturbos
- try to keep players playing later at night by offering small overlays
- more UOSes - there were 4 last year this year only 2?
- option to combine two supernova tickets for a highroller ticket
- fix all tournament related issues (lobby, late registration closes early, later registration open past the addon break in a few tourneys, and many more)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Leo-Unibet !

Somehow I've missed this thread till now 😛 As you may expect I love the idea of introducing 200€ tournament into the offer, and enriching it with some more as well. Unibet Poker is a growing site, and as you mentioned it's a good moment to let some fresh air in 👍

200€ HR:  I think @Elukka12's idea of using combined Supernova tickets for that is great, and it should be used as a starting point. It would help improving liquidity for both tournaments and keeping it all as simple as possible. Players should be allowed to enter with one or two tickets, depending on what they like, but the second stack should be bigger. Let's say 5000 chips for 100€, and 15000 chips for 200€. Maybe even a third bullet, only allowed as a reentry granting 20000 chips. I know Sundays are a bit overloaded compared to the other days, but it seems reasonable running it on Sundays to let everyone play it in their free time. Possibly it could run twice a week with a smaller GTD on Tuesday or Wednesday, a bit faster structure, and/or in a bounty format.

"Big Bang" is a perfect name for that :P

Additional Tournaments: I think Unibet Poker schedule needs at least one more 50€ Buy-In on a daily basis to attract more players to the site. The format should change randomly every day: holdem/omaha, bounty/freezout, deepstack/turbo/hyper, 9-max/6-max/HU?, depending on what players would like the most. I see we have many omaha fans here, let's give them a nice tourney to play.

Regardless of the BI, it would be nice to come up with an innovative format, that could be found on Unibet only. It's impossible to reinvent the circle, but once in a while there appear something new that differs only a little bit from the standards, but it's enough to attract people. As an example I think Banzai tournaments could be fun to play among all kind of Unibet players. Why not to use an existing pattern again. Or similar, let's set a tourney in which the average stack is fixed 10BBs/20BBs/50BBs/..., and the blinds are calculated on its basis. Banzai&Bounty could be insane, but i'd bet it would beat popularity contest on 1-10€ Buy-Ins. Maybe someone else can come up with something more original that could be introduced within technical possibilities.

As always Leo, thanks for reading it and any consideration, Best Regards!

P.S. See you in Malta 🆒

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A UOS with either a 1 week gap before the second half starts, or a 2 week contest with a day break every say 3 days. That makes it accessible for the recreational players whom Unibet are targetting.

I've played the series properly once and despite doing well (1st in nano, placed in low and high leaderboards and 10th overall), 2 straight weeks of late nights and then up very early in the morning for work was not an enjoyable experience and I haven't tried since.  That feels quite damning given how well I did, yet don't want to play again under the existing format.  Can it be made more recreationally friendly?  I'd love to play it again if it was compatible with having a job.  

@MetalWolf wrote:

@MetalWolf We're running a full week of good Omaha tournaments now, I can't see that you had time to participate as much as I thought :wonder: 

• Like 1

@OmNomNom wrote:

@MetalWolf wrote:

Yep, PLO deep impact. 25€ re-entry. 👍

@OmNomNom Good Omaha tournaments running this week, 10K gtd final on Sunday. Enjoy!

@Farseer wrote:

@Farseer Check out the €25 re-enter "€4,000 Deep Impact" every day except Sundays at 18:00 cet