Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JillianP Rank 14
Rank 14

Just in case anybody else reads this -
For a while before the community began I was planning on taking my poker more seriously and creating a blog to track my progress.
Then just before joining the community a) I went into such a downswing I was convinced I was the worlds worst poker player and was having a larf about taking it seriously, and b) I got a job!

Couple of afternoons a week quickly became almost full-time, so between that and trying to keep my own business going there's not much time and energy in the evenings for poker now :smileysad:

Anyhow I was lucky enough to win 100 euros of tickets in the community league, so I've decided to create a blog to track how I go on with them, just for myself really, hope nobody minds a little self-indulgence?

I began last night with 36,41 in my account and the tickets.
Used the first to enter the Community weds and got 6 euro for 4th. Wasted 1e on a SnG so overall I'm up 3 euros at 41,41!
Could definitely have done better, but I particularly noticed how I tend to get a bit tired and bored towards the end, must guard against that.

At least I began with a positive!

Just call me Mrs Kings :-)
20 REPLIES
polarbear Rank 17
Rank 17

if you want to take 100% value ( or more) from thsoe tickets play 1 euro sng

Becsicola Rank 7
Rank 7

Good luck! I think I may try a blog as well to track my progress, think it would help me concentrate on poker again.

Unibet Employee DavidP_Unibet
Unibet Employee

Good luck, I definitely think you should try to spin some of the tickets into a UK Tour package too!

“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.”
― Nassim Nicholas Taleb
jonny2192 Rank 22
Rank 22

Good luck converting tickets to cash, Its always worth changinf a little bit to  a playthrough bonus maybe 10e and that way it gives you a bit back guaranteed.

I agree with David as well try for the UK tour, Talking of the UK tour I now have 2 seats for Glasgow, so double the chance of me getting a win and you 5%. Smile

Duckphobia is real and KK is cursed, If you know these 2 things you will do well on Unibet poker.
Unibet Employee ReCorpH
Unibet Employee

I'd encourage you to use small amount of the ticket towards the UK tour, since atleast in the smaller qualifiers(4€) the field is (or atleast was with giveaways) pretty soft. A few regular sat grinders here and there, but you should manage to get more tickets quite easily. And either grind those up or exchange to bunch of smaller tickets and keep on grinding. IIRC with 5x 100€ UK tour final tickets, you can convert that to a package? Or take your chances 5 times! 

Hope to see you in Glasgow! :smileyvery-happy:

+Don't make the same mistake I have made multiple times now, stick to a strict BRM and most importantly, remember to have fun! 

I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress. Smile

If there weren’t luck involved, I would win every time. — Phil Hellmuth
JillianP Rank 14
Rank 14

Thanks guys!

I always visit my family in Manchester some time in December so I would love to make it to that leg of the tour.

Was too tired to do much tonight, bust 2nd hand in the Doom freeroll, my QQ beaten by pocket kings!
Then accidentally regged for a deep crazy bounty without realising it was 1min blind levels!!

Managed to hang on into 4th place for 5,62 + 68c bounty, so from a 2euro ticket I'm up 4,30euros.
or was before wasting another 1e on a SnGo to win a 1e ticket :smileytongue:

So started today on 41,07, now on 46,37.

Actually got a day off tomorrow so hopefully will play a bit more

Highlighted
BookTheWin Rank 13
Rank 13

keep it trucking hopefully at the end you'll be over the 100 euros in tickets you started with.

JillianP Rank 14
Rank 14

Well, should have stuck to catching up on the housework today!
Played 5 tourneys, 2 freerolls, a 4euro ticket on the Opening Ceremony, a 1euro ticket bounty and a 2e ticket for the Community lFriday.
Played like an idiot, lost, lostquickly, lost just before the money and managed 6th for 4,41.
So overall on the day I'm down 2,59, but balance gone from 46,26 to 50,67.

Mynona Rank 16
Rank 16

Good luck Smile     slowly but surely you'll grind it up i'm sure Smile