Multiverse and Singularity Tournaments

Leo-Unibet

In the process of making the naming of tournaments more understanable for players, what to expect in terms of run time etc etc.
We have done some changes to to some of the Multiverse and Singularity Tournaments so both namings will have their unique setup, same in chips, level-up, the lenght can of course differs depending on the number of participates.

Name              Level-up-minutes                Chips                Rebuy             Late-Registartion                
Multiverse          4                                          2000                     Yes                          6
Singularity          6                                          6000                     No                          10 

I hope this changes will make your pick on which tournamnets to play much easier. I will keep an eye on these tournaments to see if more changes to them will be nessesary.
You will see this changes happening over the upcoming 24 hours. 

May the poker Gods be with you!

Perfect! What we were shouting for from the beginning :)

Now the shooting stars and you have 3 good standard formats :)

But I think this shouldn't mean you can't have any other freezout, rebuy or bounty tournaments :)

For others of the same type you should just go back to default naming convention (like Deep turbo rebuy)

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

All Multiverses are going to be crippled with these short levels imo 😞  

@Leo-Unibet You should have a closer look at the the night turbo one with €5 buy-in:

Almost every orbit there are 2-3-4 all-ins and many players even call with total junk hoping to get lucky and triple their stack before the add-on.

The ones that have lost (double)rebuy and proceed even more recklessly until they reach the desired stack or usually don't last even till the add-on break. Probably are low on cash or have a very strict BRM (only 10 rebuys and not 1 more).

The absurduty reach its climax when the add-on break ends and looking at the numbers the add-ons are always 10-20% less than the number of the players still in :wonder:

It looks that some people prefer to go all-in with their last €5 instead of keeping it for add-on(or at least to wait for a premium hand) and even folding few broadways for a level or two...

And after the add-on, it becomes apparent - not even the bigger stacks have so much advantage, nor the short ones are in so bad shape. If they've played without rebuying too much and had below the starting stack even the rebuy just before the add-on might seem good option.

To shorthen the narrative: there aren't too many levels after the add-on and before the push/fold phase which is way before the bubble and so the main factor to get ITM is luck again as with most of the turbos and especially this one.

There aren't deep enough stacks to raise even X2.5 without giving the more aware players with 15-20bb great restealing opportunities. And the min.raise on the other hand is a recipe for multiway pot.

It's simply no post-flop play during any of the phases of such turbos(except for the 1-3 level and if the table is not infested with "all-in every hand players" or the ones that think 1min. before every click). In such cases if you play a hand post-flop  it's limped to you in BB by 7 players :laugh:

1-2 levels later, already near the bubble 1/3 of the players are so short that the best play is presumably all-in directly, even with a bigger stack (the effective rarely is more than 20bb).

The tendency in this moment is most of the players to tighten up and stall even when they are the biggest stack on the table hoping to get ITM and to recover. And the shorter ones play right even by pure instinct - the blinds are so big that the all-ins are the only solution.

Good understanding of some basic MTT principles, tilt-control to quit after 3-4 rebuys at most and a lot of luck (right cards and right opponents on my tables) helped me to win this shove-fest 3 times and also to finish 2nd or 3rd few times as well 😃 And looking in retrospect I've played it twice a week at most during the last year (mostly weekends).

But I might say: the 8min. Multiverses esp. with 3000 starting stack are way much better and encourage the players to actually play poker. So I hope even if the changes to the Multiverses are planned then some other R/A tournaments to emerge and to fill the niche . What about 2-3 more Meteor Showers (with limited rebuys). Or maybe some R/A which are similar to the most other sites with the add-on break and the end of the late registration at the same time ? The new names are really good way to distinguish the turbos from the long ones and the starting stacks too if there is a big difference.

I don't think there are too many turbo-fans at Unibet and here in particular that there is a need for drastic changes (the Fireballs with 4-min. levels are one of the less played MTTs). On the contrary I've seen more demands from the regs for deeper-stacked and longer-levelled tournaments where one could play creatively and not to think about all-ins every minute.

@GothMoth wrote:

@Leo-Unibet You should have a closer look at the the night turbo one with €5 buy-in:

Almost every orbit there are 2-3-4 all-ins and many players even call with total junk hoping to get lucky and triple their stack before the add-on.

The ones that have lost (double)rebuy and proceed even more recklessly until they reach the desired stack or usually don't last even till the add-on break. Probably are low on cash or have a very strict BRM (only 10 rebuys and not 1 more).

The absurduty reach its climax when the add-on break ends and looking at the numbers the add-ons are always 10-20% less than the number of the players still in :wonder:

It looks that some people prefer to go all-in with their last €5 instead of keeping it for add-on(or at least to wait for a premium hand) and even folding few broadways for a level or two...

And after the add-on, it becomes apparent - not even the bigger stacks have so much advantage, nor the short ones are in so bad shape. If they've played without rebuying too much and had below the starting stack even the rebuy just before the add-on might seem good option.

To shorthen the narrative: there aren't too many levels after the add-on and before the push/fold phase which is way before the bubble and so the main factor to get ITM is luck again as with most of the turbos and especially this one.

There aren't deep enough stacks to raise even X2.5 without giving the more aware players with 15-20bb great restealing opportunities. And the min.raise on the other hand is a recipe for multiway pot.

It's simply no post-flop play during any of the phases of such turbos(except for the 1-3 level and if the table is not infested with "all-in every hand players" or the ones that think 1min. before every click). In such cases if you play a hand post-flop  it's limped to you in BB by 7 players :laugh:

1-2 levels later, already near the bubble 1/3 of the players are so short that the best play is presumably all-in directly, even with a bigger stack (the effective rarely is more than 20bb).

The tendency in this moment is most of the players to tighten up and stall even when they are the biggest stack on the table hoping to get ITM and to recover. And the shorter ones play right even by pure instinct - the blinds are so big that the all-ins are the only solution.

Good understanding of some basic MTT principles, tilt-control to quit after 3-4 rebuys at most and a lot of luck (right cards and right opponents on my tables) helped me to win this shove-fest 3 times and also to finish 2nd or 3rd few times as well 😃 And looking in retrospect I've played it twice a week at most during the last year (mostly weekends).

But I might say: the 8min. Multiverses esp. with 3000 starting stack are way much better and encourage the players to actually play poker. So I hope even if the changes to the Multiverses are planned then some other R/A tournaments to emerge and to fill the niche . What about 2-3 more Meteor Showers (with limited rebuys). Or maybe some R/A which are similar to the most other sites with the add-on break and the end of the late registration at the same time ? The new names are really good way to distinguish the turbos from the long ones and the starting stacks too if there is a big difference.

I don't think there are too many turbo-fans at Unibet and here in particular that there is a need for drastic changes (the Fireballs with 4-min. levels are one of the less played MTTs). On the contrary I've seen more demands from the regs for deeper-stacked and longer-levelled tournaments where one could play creatively and not to think about all-ins every minute.

@GothMoth Thanks for your inputs, some of the Multiverses will be renamed and structure change. The night one will stay with that structure, don't want to run that tournaments to late into the night

@GothMoth wrote:

Not that I necessarily disagree with what you said. But it is quite funny to read from the biggest overbet-allin-bingo player that I know on Unibet that the structure forced more allins according to your thinking.

Nice that we should be able to search tournaments properly. Filters have always been bit problematic, for instance if I check for rebuys lobby will mostly show re-entry tournaments (which I am not interested). In the future hopefully there'll be easy way to find real R&A tournaments.

@Patsgnome wrote:

@GothMoth wrote:

Not that I necessarily disagree with what you said. But it is quite funny to read from the biggest overbet-allin-bingo player that I know on Unibet that the structure forced more allins according to your thinking.

@Patsgnome  Did I by any chance bad-beaten you recently? If so I'm sorry, but when I lose with set over set in the €100 buy-in UOS, then it's normal not to care for the nano tourney which was too long..

One hand from the FT which I reached playing like a total donk and finished second while sleeping :laugh:

347736826_J9sv99rcAIstrflush.thumb.png.d21c1e764385429066d842d04ff8bbd5.png

@GothMoth wrote:

@Patsgnome wrote:

@GothMoth wrote:

@Patsgnome  Did I by any chance bad-beaten you recently? If so I'm sorry, but when I lose with set over set in the €100 buy-in UOS, then it's normal not to care for the nano tourney which was too long..

One hand from the FT which I reached playing like a total donk and finished second while sleeping :laugh:

1163476028_J9sv99rcAIstrflush.thumb.png.2251181afd86effb98d56233f697e848.png

Don't think so, I just saw you openshove 30+ bb stack like 5 hands in a row in that tournament and then a bunch more times, like I see you do almost every time I see you at a tournament-table. (Maybe a bit more than usual this time as you said you were tilted from another tournament)

Archived