Meet the new Tournament Manager

Leo-Unibet

Hello Poker Community!

My name is Leo Wagenius and I’m delighted and honoured to been given the opportunity to act as a Tournament Manager for one of the most universally known poker brands in the world.

I have many years of experience in maintaining competitive and appreciated online tournament offering. My ambitions is to use my experience in the best possible way so I together with you, the players, can continue to grow the liquidity and make the overall poker experience for all of you to the best.

It won’t be possible without you guys!  So I appreciate all kind of suggestions on how we can make sure as many as possible of you are satisfied and pleased with what we as a poker provider offer you.

As you all probably know we just changed the MTT schedule and it will probably not be optimised from day one, but together we are a strong force with lots of good ideas. I look into a bright future together with you.

Over and out!

// Leo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little bit of feedback based on my first day playing the new schedule. My main games were/are €25 and €10 tournies and there seem to be plenty of options available at peak time, which is when I usually play.

One thing I was particularly pleased about was the introduction of a tournament at 10pm (BST) and a non-bounty at 9pm. The previous schedule was bounty only after 9pm and while I don't mind playing them, it seemed a bit distorted.

I'd be tempted to put in one more 'standard' €10 and/or €25 between 7pm and 9pm as anybody playing only one of those stakes will only have three tournaments available and the four minute blind games are crapshoots.

The move towards rebuys is interesting, and understandable to meet guarantees. I played some €5 rebuys yesterday and will probably keep playing them for a while as the rebuys make the prizes decent (and they're softer than marshmallows). I wonder if multiple rebuys may put off people who would usually have played the €4 and €1 freezeouts in the old schedule. I don't know if it would dilute liquidity but perhaps more non-guaranteed €5 and €1 freezeouts would be good for people who aren't rolled to step down stakes have somewhere to go.

Overall though, I think it's a very good, very playable schedule.

Formerly known as StartlingGrope

I was just pleasantly surprised yesterday, when I discovered that I don't have to make 3 extra clicks (and lose the exact place I was at while browsing the tournament schedule) every time I want to find the current prize pool of the tournament I'm looking for. It's much more convenient to have the current prize pool displayed in my opinion 👍

Why have the UK Tour qualifiers have been turned into what amounts to flippaments? They were stupid enough without the newest changes. When there is rake of 10% on a $25 game and it has 3- or 4-minute levels, rebuys and antes on level 1, it barely counts as a game of skill imo, since very few players can get an appreciable edge that beats the rake.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, but once I've used all my tickets (and hopefully qualified) for the UK tour, I'm never going through the $1-$25 qualification route again. The UK tour system doesn't seem well designed for regs or recreationals and seems more like a rake trap. Even increasing the levels to 5 minutes would be a massive improvement, because frankly it's ridiculous when the average stack on the final table (where the difference between bubbling and winning a ticket is 100 euros) is often about 5 big blinds. I don't think the typical casual player on a budget enjoys taking $100 coinflips with T8o, but maybe I'm wrong.

Hello @Leo-Unibet , nice to see you in front of us!

I just want to know : if we have a good intention to improve one new mtt format can you help us to introduce that into the lobby?

@ArtyMcFly wrote:

Why have the UK Tour qualifiers have been turned into what amounts to flippaments? They were stupid enough without the newest changes. When there is rake of 10% on a $25 game and it has 3- or 4-minute levels, rebuys and antes on level 1, it barely counts as a game of skill imo, since very few players can get an appreciable edge that beats the rake.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, but once I've used all my tickets (and hopefully qualified) for the UK tour, I'm never going through the $1-$25 qualification route again. The UK tour system doesn't seem well designed for regs or recreationals and seems more like a rake trap. Even increasing the levels to 5 minutes would be a massive improvement, because frankly it's ridiculous when the average stack on the final table (where the difference between bubbling and winning a ticket is 100 euros) is often about 5 big blinds. I don't think the typical casual player on a budget enjoys taking $100 coinflips with T8o, but maybe I'm wrong.

@ArtyMcFly Thanks for your feedback! I will look into this and se if there is something we need to do to make them more playable

Archived