Looking to Buy a Windows 10 Tablet for Unibet Poker...Questions

-_-

Hello all,

So my old laptop stopped working with Unibet when they updated the client to 2.0. I reached out to support but the conclusion was reached that since Intel is not offering any new drivers for my graphics card I was out of luck. My old system is a Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 @ 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram & Mobile Intel 965 Chipset.

Anyways so now I am looking to buy I reasonably priced tablet specifically to play poker in the Windows Desktop Unibet App. I don't like playing on the web or android apps because I can't review previous hands well.

So I was wanting to know if a Chuwi Hi 8 Air 8inch Windows 10 tablet with Intel Atom Z8350, 2GB Ram, 32GB emmc storage & Intel 8 Gen HD graphics would be fine or do I need a higher specs tablet. I was looking at sites like banggood and Gearbest. They are chinese sites but legit and prices and specs are way better than what I get locally.

Also wanted to know how many tablets will I be able to fit tiling the tables its a 1920x1200 display. Whats the smallest size a Unibet window goes to like 240x320?

Any help and suggestions would be highly appreciated. 😃

I want to make sure that it will work smoothly with the Unibet Poker Windows 10 App. I already contacted support in this regard but was told they cannot answer such queries and to ask my questions on here. So looking forward to the responses.

Thanks in advance,

-_-

Thanks for your reply. But that seems to be an android tablet and I am looking for a windows 10 tablet. Mainly because I like to be able to check back previous hands.

As I mentioned in my original post. I have specific questions in regards to if a specific tablet that is the Chuwi Hi 8 Air would meet the minimum requirements for the Unibet Desktop Windows Client and also how many tables can be tiled on a 1980×1200 screen.

Yes your correct once I know this I could probably pick one on my own but my concern is I don't buy something that doesn't work for the main purpose I am purchasing it which is playing on the Unibet Windows 10 App. As mentioned I have still not found an answer to that question hence my indecision. 

Yes I have goggled and researched tablets loads for weeks now and even turned to Unibet support to try and find the minimum requirements for the Unibet desktop app before at their request turning here. 

As I also mentioned in my original post I am looking at something budget oriented around $350 or Euros 300. Also am specifically looking at importing it from banggood or gearbest.

I have struggled to figure out what would be best hence I have turned here to the community for help, responses & guidance. 

My main question still remains if a Atom Z8350 with 2 GB Ram & Intel 8 Gen Graphics would be able to run the Unibet Desktop Windows Poker App Smoothly. 

But yes besides that I am open to hear what others are using etc. I just feel it will be helpful too me in guiding my decision. 

Thank you for your suggestion and help. I looked into your suggestion of Odys Prime Tablet and it has similar specifications to what I am looking at the Atom Z8350 processor and 2 gb ram and 8th Gen HD graphics only difference is the Chuwi hi 8 Air is an 8 inch screen but has a higher resolution 1920x1200.

Do you have experience with this tablet Odys Prime meaning have you used it and does it work smoothly with the Unibet Windows desktop Poker app. If yes then it is pretty much problem solved for me and I can just decide based on screen sizes and resolution and take a call. 

Looking forward to your response. 

Thanks once again. 

-_-

Yeah I have seen that. It's the requirement for playing on the Web App like in Edge, Chrome or Mozilla Browser. It is not the requirements for the windows 10 desktop Unibet Poker App.

I know that from experience too because as I mentioned in my original post I am able to use the Web App with no issues on my old Toshiba M700 tablet PC but the Unibet Desktop Windows 10 Poker App Crashes on opening. So there seems to be a difference in the requirements it seems specifically for gpu requirements that aren't listed there. 

If I am wrong here which totally can be and you can confirm to me that the specifications of Atom Z8350 with 2Gb ram and Intel 8 Gen graphics will work that will pretty much solve things for me. 

Thanks again very much for your prompt response. Waiting to hear back from you. 

-_-

@-_- and @FreedoM no no no.....

1: You cant say like that evry brand new over 150 will run it smooth....

1: When Windows XP came out , they said it recomended 128MB Ram to run and 256MB for best performance...wrong.
It took me some time but my "monster" back in that days used 27 cooling fans and 1.5 GB ram to run smooh...just as a example.

2: I recomend not to but the cheap Atom CPU...will not do it..only the latest released this year will. (they sit in the top models slim hybrids, verry expensive)

So if you need something trow some extra in and buy a Hybrid Laptop, new or second hand. Remember you get what you pay for, like battery time and CPU + GPU ++ . Example: HP 360 series, Microsoft Surface there are cheaper models starting around 300 Euro upp, in my country. not the surface that is a verry nice "beast". ASUS have the best Hybrid but cant remember name....

Nothing is impossible, the impossible only take some time.

Not sure why I haven't noticed this thread before, but here a few quick comments:

Unibet never communicated the system requirements for the desktop application, but I'm unsure your desired setup will work.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you'd want to run a desktop app on a tablet - there's a tablet/mobile app for a reason. You can't really multi-table desktop style on an 8 inch display, so you'd need to get a screen, mouse and keyboard for the tablet. My advise would be to either:

1. Buy an iPad or Android tablet and use the tablet app - it supports up to four tables, I believe

2. Buy a used windows laptop - you get more value for money when it's used, and it's difficult to find something with proper specs within your budget.

NB only skimmed the thread, so sorry if I've missed something.

Since you dont say what country you reside or want to buy in I can only guess, prises in my country on new or second hand are cheap.

So based on Tablet I can say something like this:  ASUS Transformer book or a Lenovo Tab 128 GB 

The problem is they come whith a loot of diffrent numbers after the name, depend on marked.

Look for the ones who run windows 64 bit Pro, they have the best value (chop sponsored by MS and Intel) so you get a desent amount of minimum 4GB Ram and 128GB SSD ++ Price should stay around 350 Euro...att least they do here.

Also consider to get a friend who understand about IT to resercth the second hand marked, there is a "druling" place in my country.

He who seek should find :)

@ZipfilElectronics in my country i.e. India are over priced and more expensive compared to abroad. For example the surface pro I5, 256 gb, 8 gb ram version is $1299  Deal Price $1199 on microsoft website but here the price is $1735 so yeah its ridiculous. So even a second hand product with high specs is not cheap here. Its just a completely different market and hence I was looking to import a tablet from sites like Banggood or Gearbest which are in China where you can get better specs for lower prices.

The Chuwi Hi8 Air tablet that I quoted is not old with the Atom Processor infact it was just released hence having Intel's 8gen graphics for atom. I know intel has stopped producing Atom Processors but here in the east low end processors like Atom/Celeron/Core m3 etc. continue to thrive. In fact this is a dual boot machine having android and windows. I encourage you to check out Gearbest and Banggood and maybe you will be able to find something you can suggest that fits my budget. I do get your point that I am better off going with increasing my budget and going for a high end machine. I do intend to upgrade my M700 Tablet PC by the end of the year and had my eye on the surface line but I don't want to buy the Surface Pro right now for one am not looking to spend that much right now and second and more importantly it is lacking thunderbolt 3 USB type C and also is still using the 7th generation processors which are dual core processors while the already released 8 gen processors are quad core. So it needs an update.

I agree you get what you pay for but right now all I am looking for is something I can play 2-4 tables of poker on the Unibet windows app. I am tech savvy as you would say but as I mentioned the second hand market here is not great and you can pretty much increase the price by 1/3 as to what you must be paying. My current tablet PC has been upgraded and I have a Samsung 850 EVO SSD in there and 4GB ram but the GPU is old now and can't be upgraded otherwise it runs everything else I use it for very smoothly. So currently I am just looking to fill the void of not being able to use the Windows 10 Unibet client.

Thanks for your response and help. Trust me I have looked and researched plenty before turning here and reaching the conclusion I am going to have to import something from Gearbest or Banggood so look on there and tell me if something catches your eye within my budget.

@testuser1yeah you missed a bit there. I already communicated in the original post that I don't want to use Android or the web app because you can really look back at previous hands history. Hence I definitely want a windows 10 device. I generally play 2-4 tablets and I would say you could comfortably 2 table on a 8 inch device. 4 tables would be small but probably still possible. My reason for mentioning the 8 inch one was it has the lowest specs so the thinking being if that works then so will anything spec wise above it. These machines are dual boot so if I wanted to use android I could but as I said I want Windows 10. As for screen size I have looked at higher specs ones with 10 and 12 inch screen and will take a call on that but first I want to know what specs will run the Unibet Windows App smoothly. You can check out Gearbest or Banggood they have several hybrid tablet/ laptop devices the atom ones are all dual boot too. But they have celeron and core m3 with 4-6gb ram that fall in my bugget too. My main concern is that it should run smooth and so am concerned about the GPU too.

Oh yeah also I already have a 40 inch screen, a keyboard and a mouse so if I wanted to play more tables I could always hook it up to that no issue. The larger 10 inch and 12 inch tablets at those sites though are hybrid style devices like the surface pro/ surface book only way more budget oriented with lower specs. I encourage you to have a look.

Thanks for your response and help.

-_-

@-_-

I had a look and I do know Gearbest is selling somewhat "strange" brands.

As far as I can say you got 2 choises.

1: Before buy anything from online like places like that , open youtube in new tab and see some test\unpacking on that spesific Tab. Then make a desicion.

2: If you are so lucky to have a friend who is traveling to another country like EU, get them to buy something else like a brand that you know, also that have some bonus, better warranty and you get tax returned att airport.

Or if you know someone who reside in a scandinavian country, have them buy one for you and ship it as second hand, tax is not a issue, maybe you could even import one from a online shop here...the warranty\garanti here is so high, about 3-5 years minimum. 

Sorry that I couldent help more than that GL :)

1. Yeah lol they are strange names I know and yes I have checked you tube unboxing and review videos on them. So yeah done my research and my only concern was the specs should be sufficient for the purpose of playing poker on the Uniber windows 10 desktop app.

2. No not an option currently hence am holding out on actually purchasing something expensive since I rather wait till I might travel abroad. They do sell all brands here lenovo, hp dell, microsoft etc. and you do get warranty but its expensive so as you said better to buy it abroad.

Thanks for your suggestions and help.

-_-

Just dropping this site here, in case someone finds it somehow useful.

https://www.e-ville.com/en/3151-android-tablets/28462-chuwi-hi12-12-dual-boot-tablet-pc.html

Personally bought multiple items from there, all worked well. It's run by Finns and the company is trusted.
Better to check your local tax laws before getting anything more expensive tho, in here they are guite high after 25€ purchase.
Also good to compare the prices obv..

@RushbieYeah the Chuwi Hi 12 is one of the tablets I am considering. Yeah I looked into the tax situation and hopefully I can avoid it, shipping should not be too bad. That same 350 Euros (guess it includes vat Euros 24) tablet Chuwi Hi 12 is listed for 223 Euros on Banggood. So its about 1/3 cheaper and for me nearer too.

Thanks for your response and suggestion.

-_-

Archived