KK curse is real

radge1

Yo @cris1285 check this out just a typical evening with some beer, we could be the leaders in that promo :inlove:🤫
789791398_Screenshot(19).thumb.png.cf9faa1f77e29105066401589d1eaa94.png

• Like 2
Today's youth are getting worse. I was in a church yesterday, when I saw a guy lighting a cigarette from the candle. I was so shocked, that I dropped my beer bottle.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday I was around the bubble got on the button TT every1 folds I shove (20bbs) bb calls with KToff (what the hell dude) almost same stack and gets a straight on the river.. A lot of situations where players have a hand in blinds, or a hand with lower kicker, but most of the time lucks against me. Why this hell always happening to me, hadnt any decent win in weeks, so much time waste. Iam not complaining about this KK situation but cmon, pair vs lower pair gets set, straight... runner flushes, runner straights every session is against me.I always tend to play in perfect mindset, tight everything, gathering as much info as possible taking breaks... And long run cant paid me off.. I feel something bad will happen I just can't beat the game by not being a donk :happyshy:
1511837559_Screenshot(22).thumb.png.b5f639053ea0a8555dbe0024ed599ded.png

• Like 1
Today's youth are getting worse. I was in a church yesterday, when I saw a guy lighting a cigarette from the candle. I was so shocked, that I dropped my beer bottle.

After losing at least 10 times in a row with KK (lost against, sets, aces on flop of course, flushes, straights, etc...), i can confirm that KK curse is desperately real for me and its really tilting me now.

To the people saying its a question of not remembering when you win.. well, its NOT.   I don't know what happens with unibet client and random cards but something is seriously not right when it comes to that hand.

I'm going back in my corner to sulk for the xth tournament i lose because of that bloody hand..  i should know better than to play that awful hand :(

• Like 4

Ouch, tough luck @Mynona :sad:

Stay strong and hopefully you'll run better with KK in the future; this year I had lots of times KK and rarely lost(even at omaha), one time I even had JJ and flopped a set and slow played it as it was a safe flop(J 7 3 different suits) and on the river my opponent hit a K and showed a better set...

I agree tho that something seems wrong with the way KK runs on Unibet but if we see how @jonny2192 lost at live events (mostly KK and AA) *and other members too: uhlen got out with KK in Bucharest, some other players from the furure table lost big with KK too(the commentators kept saying about the "cursed hand")... we can't blame only the software- it's just our luck and we need to find a way to keep playing our A game even after hands like this.

Good luck at the tables :)

• Like 4
You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

Thank you for your kinds words to warm up my KKKO'd  heart :)  @BillyR23

I know i shouldn't react to it ..  but sometimes its too much and it takes away all the fun i have to play.

I guess my next step is to lose it in live tournament then and i won't be able to blame the software 🤣

• Like 3

KK curse what? 3 bounties in the pocket 👍

Btw yo-japan are you the part of the community? I would like to ask how can you call my all-in w QT, and have a Q on the river? I had JJ... Seriously, i dont get it, maybe i have to learn poker from the basics... 

1425751951_KKcurseover_.png.11f50c6bb4df30b978b42b5746f6ef79.png

• Like 2

There is nothing wrong with software here ;)

The point is that we would play KK ten times more than any lower pair, so 10 times more chance to lose a hand. And if we would lose with QQ e.g. against KK or AA, we say "oh fine it was a higher pair".

The thing is that if you hit a set with KK you will be like "Oh okay, fine, but I didn't really need it to win" and it will fly out of your memories, but if you get beaten by a set (or you can beat KK or AA with your own set) then it's more like a crazy feeling.

IF you would actually start counting all your hands and results and put them in a table, you will see it all fits :) Psychology is just way to strong

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

you can add AK to curse too, lost yesterday and today 4 out 4 times with AK suited every single time against flush, straight etc. and the only time I had AK off suit I folded preflop and the flop was 8K9 and two guys are going all in and one of them had K9 so if I called I would've lost again :laugh:

@NicusooorCr wrote:

and the only time I had AK off suit I folded preflop and the flop was 8K9 and two guys are going all in and one of them had K9 so if I called I would've lost again :laugh:

playing good poker has nothing to do with variance . if you are a wizard knowing the final result try make some loto predictions but folding AK imo is a wrong move in poker.

probably you dont understand the variance ( i am not understand either , sometimes i get crazy ) and that s why your mind is focused on loosing good hands.

And one more thing regarding loosing your best hands is how do you play them and against who . Dont expect have some value from the hand by limping or min raising ....

AK is a hand poker players are playing really bad, 2 problems: 

1) always shoving or calling a shove regardless of position or stack size

2) not being able to let AK go after the flop, if you don't hit on flop you are around 20% chance to win against any pair

BTW, it's still a premium hand and I always open or 3-bet with it but in MTTs I tend to be more careful and even let it go preflop if I have 2+ opponents shoving, at cash games it's easier as you can just add another buy-in if you lose... 

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind...

Hmm...my KK's seem to be mostly holding at the moment...but I know logically that the KK curse is real...:wonder:

It can only be that my brain is so shocked when KK holds that I remember that event and when they lose, because you expect them to lose, it doesn't register😏